2019/20 Away Kit | Page 6 | Vital Football

2019/20 Away Kit

We always used to have a third kit but I do wonder if the recent second kits have been designed in order to ensure there could never be a clash requiring a third one

Like the home kit, a 6/10 at best for me.

I’m also in the ‘lincoln green’ camp, although my favourite away kits were probably the black affairs of 06/07 and 17/18.

Given that for the first time in donkey’s years, we have the same sponsor on the home and away shirts, I do hope that means we wear the red and white (well red and white on half the shirt) for more away games.
From the terraces - "Danny Cowley's red and a little bit of white Army!"

Like the simplicity of the away kit, including the collar and the monochrome advertising logos. Will wait to see what it looks like on other supporters before deciding whether to buy.

I'm betting actual Lincoln green and the green you're wanting is very different.

For me it's nothing to do with Lincoln Green, gren, grene or greene (however it is spelt) that was actually a purplish red based on the local wode, that eventually transformed into something like hunting red/pink. It was Hollywood through countless Robin Hood films that turned it actually green.

When I grew up watching the Imps the away colour was green, not that it was used that often as the change strip was only ever used when there was a colour clash, which surprisingly was not that often. I'm not sure you can say that Imps had a 'traditional' away strip in sense it can be compared with the home one. But there was a good 30 years perhaps longer where it was green and that qualifies for me - in addition, by and large the club has done well in green.

Last edited:
Bottom of the back is weird. It's not bad for a grey kit. But I don't really like grey kits.

Green should be the go to colour for away in my opinion but not every years colour.

As has been mentioned an away strip is a relatively recent thing (rip off) It used to be called a change strip and was only used in the event of a colour clash. Now we have the same sponsor on the shirts I would really love to see a return to us playing predominantly in the red kit for home and away matches unless there is an obvious clash with the opposition. I am pretty sure the rules state we have to have a change kit in case of a clash, but does that extend to having to play in a change strip at away matches. I don't think it does. We should be Danny Cowleys red and white army as often as is possible. Accrington, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Rotherham and Sunderland as far as I can see are the only sides who play in red.

We could play in camouflage. Must be an advantage if the opposition can't see us. Possible downsides would be that our players won't be able to see each other and away fans will struggle to get served in pubs. Worth considering though.

As has been mentioned an away strip is a relatively recent thing (rip off) It used to be called a change strip and was only used in the event of a colour clash. Now we have the same sponsor on the shirts I would really love to see a return to us playing predominantly in the red kit for home and away matches unless there is an obvious clash with the opposition. I am pretty sure the rules state we have to have a change kit in case of a clash, but does that extend to having to play in a change strip at away matches. I don't think it does. We should be Danny Cowleys red and white army as often as is possible. Accrington, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Rotherham and Sunderland as far as I can see are the only sides who play in red.

This.
Felt last year's kit was designed to be worn in the maximum number of away games, for the sponsor's benefit.

Personally I'd like a Black change kit with White shorts, Black socks.
Shorts/socks could then easily be interchanged to maximise when we play in red/white shirt.

This.
Felt last year's kit was designed to be worn in the maximum number of away games, for the sponsor's benefit.

Agree. Totally ridiculous seeing us in grey at Carlisle, for example. Actually worse from a visual point of view, just down to contractual clauses.

For me it's nothing to do with Lincoln Green, gren, grene or greene (however it is spelt) that was actually a purplish red based on the local wode, that eventually transformed into something like hunting red/pink. It was only Hollywood through countless Robin Hood films that turned it actually green.

When I grew up watching the Imps the away colour was green, not that it was used that often as the change strip was only ever used when there was a colour clash, which surprisingly was not that often. I'm not sure you can say that Imps had a 'traditional' away strip in sense it can be compared with the home one. But there was a good 30 years perhaps longer where it was green and that qualifies for me - in addition, by and large the club has done well in green.

Yes I thought someone would say that the mediaeval green was not the Robin Hood tv green. But people do associate Lincoln and green, most likely from the Robin Hood screen depictions.
And yes its what I recall as a most common away colour.