2019/20 Away Kit | Page 5 | Vital Football

2019/20 Away Kit

I’m probably howling at the moon here but why on earth are we letting a toilet hire company dictate what our kit looks like?

Money. Didn't last years sponsors allude to some underhand club dealings over the shirt sponsorship this. This company have obviously paid significantly more than last years and would have made some conditions on the deal over style and colour

Money. Didn't last years sponsors allude to some underhand club dealings over the shirt sponsorship this. This company have obviously paid significantly more than last years and would have made some conditions on the deal over style and colour

Depressing. I’m sure you’re right though.

They did allude to it. Quite wrongly. Which is probably why the tweet was removed very quickly.

Like the home kit, a 6/10 at best for me.

I’m also in the ‘lincoln green’ camp, although my favourite away kits were probably the black affairs of 06/07 and 17/18.

Given that for the first time in donkey’s years, we have the same sponsor on the home and away shirts, I do hope that means we wear the red and white (well red and white on half the shirt) for more away games.

I quite like it, although I'm surprised they've opted for a dark colour again for the third year in a row. The blue trim looks decent, less keen on the coat tail at the back. I'm sure it'll sell well.

Not too keen on either this year. Not sure what to make of the blue bit at the back.

Not keen on the home kit, but I actually quite like this, especially from the front. That blue bit at the back, though, does look daft. Just what were they thinking with that?

Agree x 2.

And agree x 3.

For me proper red and white stripes, front & back & sleeves for home shirt always.
Lincoln Green for away shirt always.

Why do clubs feel the need to forever keep changing designs and colours and patterns? It's so annoying and so unnecessary.

And grateful always to all sponsors big and small who add into the club's funds, but we are now a prominent League One club with massive support and a fabulous management team...you might hope then that we would be attracting more national, if not international, sponsors and investors.

Was there not a minute from the supporters board meeting saying the contrast colour on the away kit had been changed at the request of the supporters board? Jules can you enlighten us?

The article on the SW fansite says ...

'As part of the supporter’s board, we did have to look at the kits chosen and say whether we liked them or not. Originally the blue on this kit was suggested as another colour, one that made us look a bit like another team I don’t like. As a board we suggested a change and the club listened.'

Hard to know but I'm guessing it could have been white.

Interestingly, this is also said ...

'However, I would say the final kit looks slightly different to the one we checked out.'

Hadn't noticed the blue coat tail until just. Bit odd but tucked in won't be obvious

Perhaps that's one of the sponsors requirements to represent the cleaning materials in the portable bog flush?