2018/19 Fixtures! | Vital Football

2018/19 Fixtures!

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
DgMn27xWsAEdyB6.jpg

Northampton away first and Colchester at home to finish! Grimsby for the second away match on 18th August!

An interesting Christmas/New Year selection:

Sat Dec 22 Newport County H

Wed Dec 26 Crewe Alexandra A

Sat Dec 29 Cambridge United A

Tue Jan 1 Port Vale H

Sat Jan 5 Exeter City H Emirates FA Cup 3

It's going to be a scramble for tickets on the opening day the away end holds 800 although I think they sometimes give another 400 or so in the East Stand.

I love the way my life for the next 8 months now has got a structure! Pity there is no home game on Boxing Day: that's always a great family do for us. New Years Day , not the same.

Away game to start again, three years in a row.

I like how the FA Cup final is optimistically marked on the calendar. Dare to dream! :lol:

The FA could help league 2 clubs and arrange the fixtures so that as many derbys as possible are played at Xmas and Easter.

The FA could help league 2 clubs and arrange the fixtures so that as many derbys as possible are played at Xmas and Easter.

It helps clubs doing it like this as they get big crowds for the local derbies whenever they are: and bigger crowds than usual for whoever they play at Christmas. Easter crowds are more affected by how well or badly a team is doing at that point of the season.

My head was still in 'upto 2016' mode where we struggle for 3000 at home. It matters not to us, We'll have 8500+ most weeks :-)

The first two away games could be difficult getting tickets for with 6000 + season ticket holders going for limited numbers of away tickets

Excellent, get to watch my mate suffer on New Years Day as we stuff Port Vale at the Bank again!!

And an opening away day at my cousins!!!

Let's go IMPS

Sidenote - Did anyone find it odd the timing of the announcement of the premiership fixtures - on the opening day of the World Cup. As though they didn't like not being the centre of attention?

For the seven North West fixtures only three on a Saturday and Both Bury and Tranmere on a Tuesday night? Disappointed. Opening month and a half is also tough like last year.

Gotta to play em all twice at some point!
Only aim for me is for the team to get to 85 points asap!

It is a tough set of opening matches. I think we will get an early indication of how the season is likely to go as early as the game at Exeter on 1st September. I f we are anywhere near 10 points after that match I think we will be well set