2018/19 Fixtures! | Page 2 | Vital Football

2018/19 Fixtures!

It is a tough set of opening matches. I think we will get an early indication of how the season is likely to go as early as the game at Exeter on 1st September. I f we are anywhere near 10 points after that match I think we will be well set
My thoughts exactly. 2 relegated sides, the fish (no doubt they will raise their game for a derby against a big side like us) and Swindon early on is about as tough as it could get.

Has anyone noticed how many pairs of two successive homes and aways there are this season? There are six pairs of each, up from four pairs last season. Whatever was wrong with one at home, one away?

Early days but the run in looks favourable...

Obviously a lot can happen in 10 months but the run in is not too shabby.

I always look at the last weekend of matches to look for that relegation ding dong match such as Barnet-Chesterfield just gone.

On these set of fixtures there are actually two or three potentials but Morecambe v Newport has got to stand a chance

I have been trying to buy an away ticket for Northampton on Eventbrite!

My this technology is slow I thought it was supposed to be quick!

Do you think I should go and camp out at Sincil Bank?

I could even go in my caravan and wait! Oh hang on I haven't got a caravan!

Sat Aug 4 Northampton Town A

Sat Aug 11 Swindon Town H

Tues Aug 14 Port Vale A Carabao Cup One

Sat Aug 18 Grimsby Town A

Tue Aug 21 Bury H

Sat Aug 25 Notts. County H

Wed Aug 29 Carabao Cup Two

Sat Sep 1 Exeter City A

A tough League start, and potentially 8 games in the first month.

Got to say I don't get this tough start easy run in discussion! Nobody really has any clue how the season is going to pan out at this stage. Who would have said at the start of last season that Accrington would be Champions and Chesterfield would be relegated?

Additionally if we are going to do well this season (as I suspect we will) then other teams should be fearing playing us not us thinking that they will be tough opposition!

I have been trying to buy an away ticket for Northampton on Eventbrite!

My this technology is slow I thought it was supposed to be quick!

Do you think I should go and camp out at Sincil Bank?

I could even go in my caravan and wait! Oh hang on I haven't got a caravan!
Are they on sale?

Got to say I don't get this tough start easy run in discussion! Nobody really has any clue how the season is going to pan out at this stage. Who would have said at the start of last season that Accrington would be Champions and Chesterfield would be relegated?

Additionally if we are going to do well this season (as I suspect we will) then other teams should be fearing playing us not us thinking that they will be tough opposition!

Think Scotimp pretty much called it with Chesterfield if memory serves but I get your point. I'd personally rather play the favourites early before they really click.

Last edited:
Well that's a nightmare start. We will have played out of our skins to get 9 points from these 8 games. Some right tough ones. Blimey

Have to agree, on paper it's a very tough start for us, but it may be better to play the relegated teams early before they are fully adjusted to our league.
But last year was a potentially tough start and look how that panned out.

Way too early to say. Last year's league table is not a reliable guide to how each club will perform - just look at Accrington - and the majority of clubs still have a lot of squad building to do. Take relegated Oldham for example: 7 players have left, and a further 5 are still in contract discussions; they have signed 1 so far. How can anyone say whether they will finish top, bottom or at any point in between?

We've some big teams at the start of the season, but we could catch a few with their pants down before they get properly organised and settled. That said, we don't know are full team yet, so impossible to say what our chances will be.

Of course its way too early to know what will happen but the fixture list reveal always is an exciting day which generates good comments whilst fans plan their pleads for days off/heavy work colds for that 4 hour away drive in mid November.

Crewe away on Boxing Day is frustrating for me. Second easiest game to get to, but wife may well have other ideas than half of us going off for the afternoon