20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers FC - PL | Page 9 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers FC - PL

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Checked my phone this morning at 3am (Monday) to see we'd beaten Wolves. These days, that's a great result. Just watched the highlights and gee, when we're allowed to play our game, we can be a delight to watch. Hitting the post 3 times and scoring twice, whilst keeping a clean sheet is a great day at the office.

How refreshing to see Dele enjoying himself!

We need to figure out how to break down teams that don't allow us the luxury of space and time. Simples.

We haven't seen the real Bergwijn yet. I had a glimpse of it when watching him live for Holland in the Nations League final in Porto a couple of years back. All Jose did was use him as an extra defender rather than use his energy to run into the channels and cause defenders problems.

I'd always have him in the team over Moura and Sissoko. He needs to earn his place first though and will probably need pre-season to do that.

I can only agree, if he'd played for anyone but Jose, he would have kicked on by now.

Son never takes on his man anymore

Could be end of season fatigue, but I've also had this discussion with other fans and one player at the club; it seems that he really is in the doldrums having been told by Jose that he should sacrifice his forward attacks and speed for the 'good of the team' i.e. concentrate more on getting back and his defensive duties.

let's hope a summer's rest and a rethink will get that negativity out of him.

Could be end of season fatigue, but I've also had this discussion with other fans and one player at the club; it seems that he really is in the doldrums having been told by Jose that he should sacrifice his forward attacks and speed for the 'good of the team' i.e. concentrate more on getting back and his defensive duties.

Jose really was undercover to ruin us wasn't he?

I also have to give a mention to Hoijberg.

Freed from being an auxiliary Defender and allowed to get a nose-bled, he helps become that extra player that went beyond the opposition and showed he can create and can pick a forward pass.

I was delighted for him and delighted that Mason encourages him to be more expansive.

Jose really was a defensive psycho.

Jose really was undercover to ruin us wasn't he?

Yep, he was.

I hate that he was allowed a couple of hours with our key players when he should have been frog-marched to the door, he's unsettled all of them and unquestionably has tapped up more than one knowing exactly where he was going to.

It was a dumb naive move by Levy to let him have the run of the place that morning. He should have been frog-marched to his car and told he wasn't welcome back.

Yep, he was.

I hate that he was allowed a couple of hours with our key players when he should have been frog-marched to the door, he's unsettled all of them and unquestionably has tapped up more than one knowing exactly where he was going to.

It was a dumb naive move by Levy to let him have the run of the place that morning. He should have been frog-marched to his car and told he wasn't welcome back.

What did Jose actually do? Destroy players confidence or was he licking the players butts?

So he's in the doldrums because he's been asked to defend as a wide player in a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1. Bless him. Either Poch was neglectful in not doing some basic coaching of his defensive game 4 or 5 years ago OR Son has minimal football smarts and is perhaps stubborn. Never figured out which one.

At this late stage of his career, we might as well throw him up top and let him play right across the line. He simply doesn't protect his full-back in any way.

Yep, he was.

Levy should have let Dele Alli throw him out of the club and get the other players to record it on their phones.