20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers FC - PL | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers FC - PL

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wolves are similar to Leeds...they work hard and apply high pressure. They are technically sound as well.

The only difference is they lost their talisman early in the season and that has derailed them some.

I can't imagine how Sanchez is feeling right now. He must finally know that he is the second class citizen in the Spurs squad. Even when Toby and Jan were 1st choice he'd get over 30 starts a season. He hasn't even got that this season.
...and Rodon might become another Sessegnon. Handful of games left, may as well send some of the 'senior' players on their holiday.

Gone for a win simply because we are slightly better than them at the moment and they are going through a shitty spell....then again in these situations we usually go Spursey and lose when the other team are down on their luck,,,,so am gonna change my prediction to to defeat

Gone for a win simply because we are slightly better than them at the moment and they are going through a shitty spell....then again in these situations we usually go Spursey and lose when the other team are down on their luck,,,,so am gonna change my prediction to to defeat

You've changed since yesterday!!

Time for all our players to man up and earn their place in our team. This should be 3 points, but if nothing changes from last weeks pathetic display, it will be another embarrassment and heads should roll.

And what will the league table look like by Sunday, 2pm GMT?

Leicester beat Utd last night
Chelsea vs Gooners tonight
Villa vs Eve and Utd vs Liv tomorrow
Pal vs Villa before our game Sunday

We're making it mathematically possible to finish 9th unless we put in a performance.

Glad you thought that through Greavsie! :grinning:

And what will the league table look like by Sunday, 2pm GMT?

Leicester beat Utd last night
Chelsea vs Gooners tonight
Villa vs Eve and Utd vs Liv tomorrow
Pal vs Villa before our game Sunday

We're making it mathematically possible to finish 9th unless we put in a performance.

So the story so far is Goons beat the Chavs and are now sniffing our bottoms
Villains and Toffees scoreless draw and the Bin Dippers took it to United...that last one was probably the nail in our mathematical coffin. Not to say that we'd have (or will do) any better for ourselves.

We've done the double (wins) on 4 teams (two of which are relegated the Blades and Baggies and the other two were in shouting distance of the drop (Burnley and the Saints). So that leaves Villa as the only fixture remaining where we can repeat the feat.

So we have a trio of Midlands teams to face to finish off this God-awful season and I can see all three of them getting points off of us...and possibly two of the three getting maximum points off of us (Wolves & Leicester),

So, that was the State of the Union, now this game. I won't get excited if we go in at half time in the lead...Wolves would have us right were they want us (this should sound familiar for this season). Wolves are a damn good second half team...not sure if it's their fitness or is it the lack thereof for their opponents. So, if you couple that with our penchant for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory no one would blame you (I certainly wouldn't) if you picked us to run according to type and throw the game away!

I'll be out riding my (push) bike for charity in the morning, so I won't have to suffer through watching the match. Score? I'll put it on the predictor post (hint...we don't win!)

So the story so far is Goons beat the Chavs and are now sniffing our bottoms
Villains and Toffees scoreless draw and the Bin Dippers took it to United...that last one was probably the nail in our mathematical coffin. Not to say that we'd have (or will do) any better for ourselves.

We've done the double (wins) on 4 teams (two of which are relegated the Blades and Baggies and the other two were in shouting distance of the drop (Burnley and the Saints). So that leaves Villa as the only fixture remaining where we can repeat the feat.

So we have a trio of Midlands teams to face to finish off this God-awful season and I can see all three of them getting points off of us...and possibly two of the three getting maximum points off of us (Wolves & Leicester),

So, that was the State of the Union, now this game. I won't get excited if we go in at half time in the lead...Wolves would have us right were they want us (this should sound familiar for this season). Wolves are a damn good second half team...not sure if it's their fitness or is it the lack thereof for their opponents. So, if you couple that with our penchant for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory no one would blame you (I certainly wouldn't) if you picked us to run according to type and throw the game away!

I'll be out riding my (push) bike for charity in the morning, so I won't have to suffer through watching the match. Score? I'll put it on the predictor post (hint...we don't win!)

Good luck tomorrow. Hope the weather is kind and you've done more than enough training.

The last one I did was 35 degrees and high humidity. After 65 miles I remember going into a garage and buying a "fat coke" to get me through the last 20 miles.

I was completely broken at the finish line.

I know what you mean mutters...all for a good cause though eh. I'm still alive but then again I didn't do the 62 mile course (totally not ready fir that yet)...didn't realize our match was tomorrow (Sunday)...ugh! Now what am I going to do. (I'll be watching from behind the sofa!