Where will we finish 2023/24 | Page 22 | Vital Football

Where will we finish 2023/24

Finishing league position

• Total voters
I read somewhere that yesterday was our 51st game of the season, compared with Spurs (for example) having played 35!!

We're running on fumes at the moment, but I reckon 3 more points (ideally against Brighton next weekend) will see us secure 4th. I can't believe Tottenham will bridge the gap considering their remaining fixtures.

The injuries are fucking us up big time, and potentially losing Youri is a hammer blow. We can only pray Emi's injury is not serious enough for him to miss any of the final 3 league games.

As for the Conference League, who knows? Surely, surely we have too much for Olympiacos, but we are at the bare bones.

As for the Conference League, who knows? Surely, surely we have too much for Olympiacos, but we are at the bare bones.
I'd be shocked if they don't pull a Lille and raise their game way above and beyond anything they've done elsewhere this year.

One thing I am glad of tho is Medillibar isn't renown for his football in the way Fonseca is but he did manage to guide a messed up Seville to another Europa Lge. win so he isn't stone useless either.

This is now the concern - we have the (nice) predicament of being so so close to securing Champs League and getting to the UECL final…

Therefore we can’t really rest or prioritise one over the other. Hopefully players like Tim and Duran can do a job in the Olympiacos game.

This is now the concern - we have the (nice) predicament of being so so close to securing Champs League and getting to the UECL final…

Therefore we can’t really rest or prioritise one over the other. Hopefully players like Tim and Duran can do a job in the Olympiacos game.

I love your new profile pic.

If you look at our PTS per game then we should be ok for fourth 👍

But if you look at our depleted squad - then you may have doubts.

I'd be disappointed with anything less than 71 PTS. If spuds can top that then fair play to them.

5th is still a very good finish.

So if Spurs lose to Chelsea and Liverpool (both away) and we beat Brighton , that's the job done.
Spurs need a minimum of 3 wins regardless, not sure they've got that in them over their remaining 5 games. Dropping points at Chelsea, Liverpool or City just makes their task that much harder - we'll all know more on Thursday and I can't wait cos my heads in a spin trying to work out all the permutations. Not been like this since I was a kid :ROFLMAO:

I'd like us to do it in style, take maximum points on offer, but that's never been the Villa way.

Spurs need a minimum of 3 wins regardless, not sure they've got that in them over their remaining 5 games. Dropping points at Chelsea, Liverpool or City just makes their task that much harder - we'll all know more on Thursday and I can't wait cos my heads in a spin trying to work out all the permutations. Not been like this since I was a kid :ROFLMAO:

I'd like us to do it in style, take maximum points on offer, but that's never been the Villa way.
They'll need at least one draw from those 3 games and then they'll have to hammer both Burnley or Sheffield, that's the other variable, goal difference. Burnley won't beat them but might give them a game as they are still in the mix to do the impossible.

It's a tough one, it really depends on which Chelsea shows up.
Whether Salah and Klopp are going to keep on with the hissy fits.
I think the only guarantee is Pep seems to have Spurs figured out after getting caught out in their first game. It's likely they will have to win that game to either secure the league or ensure they are in pole position on the last day as well.

Silver lining from last night. Chelsea's win over SPurs means we are now best price 1/16 to finish top 4. That's a 92.5% probability.
We can still fook this up then :ROFLMAO:

Think we may stumble to 4th due to an inept Spursy type Spurs. It would be nice to get it done on Sunday, lift the players for the Conference thingy.

The last few games have shown us that we need a very deep squad. Injuries and resultant tiredness in the remaining players has got us all nervous once again.

With the new spending rule thingy and the 70% for teams in Europe we'll have to be very savvy in the transfer market unlike certain teams who've been able to bloat their squads over the last 10 years or so

Yes my conclusion is that we wont be able to overhaul the squad without player sales - I guess that will be driven in part as to what bids come in for our better players

With the new spending rule thingy and the 70% for teams in Europe we'll have to be very savvy in the transfer market unlike certain teams who've been able to bloat their squads over the last 10 years or so
Football is losing the plot. It's bit like Formula 1.... (bear with me)... I don't know a lot about Formula 1 but I do know that the driver only gets you so far. There's all this stuff with the engineering and the cars and god knows what else.

So much has to go right before you even get to the managers and the players these days. A football club is now a giant F1 car. It makes sense in my head anyway.

Yes my conclusion is that we wont be able to overhaul the squad without player sales - I guess that will be driven in part as to what bids come in for our better players
We'll have head room on wages if we can offload Coutinho, Hause, Chambers, Olsen, send Lenglet and Zaniolo back.

I think income will be generated from the sale of Digne, Carlos, Sanson, Dendonker and possibly Tim. Whether this will give us sufficient wriggle room, I don't know. I also wouldn't be surprised if a big name was let go for the right price - that depends on who wants them and what they are prepared to pay.

This is a lot of work to undertake during the summer but possibly save £25m in wages and maybe bring in £30-40m. Obviously if Dougie or JJ leaves (as mooted in the press) that adds a considerable amount to the war chest, bolstered by our new kit and sponsorship deals and increased income from finishing higher up the league.

So many variables to ponder, it's not a simple calculation but I can see us moving in the right direction.

The way we are defending we could lose all 3 games, 2 of them being away from home and one at home to Liverpool it is far from over, I think we'll be relying on Spurs losing rather than us winning

The way we are defending we could lose all 3 games, 2 of them being away from home and one at home to Liverpool it is far from over, I think we'll be relying on Spurs losing rather than us winning
I can't see Spurs winning all 4 games including Liverpool and Man City. They've just lost three on the spin and don't seem a happy camp.

I can't see Spurs winning all 4 games including Liverpool and Man City. They've just lost three on the spin and don't seem a happy camp.
They won't lose all their games and should beat Burnley and Sheffield Utd that leaves one fluke win over Liverpool or City and they could overtake us given how we are performing lately. I think we need another 3 points to be safe.