Villa Park | Page 89 | Vital Football

Villa Park

Heck can replace season ticket holders seats with the prawn sandwich brigade
I think Heck has had a penny drop moment and realized we don't have a prawn sandwich brigade at Villa Park. We also dont get football tourists from round the world. So he's altering his attack and he's going after the ordinary supporter. I tried to get a ticket for a recent game and noticed that despite offering an over 66 discount when you try to buy the ticket it reverts to full price. I think this bloke is dangerous, but unfortunately his type seems to follow where success goes.

I think Heck has had a penny drop moment and realized we don't have a prawn sandwich brigade at Villa Park. We also dont get football tourists from round the world. So he's altering his attack and he's going after the ordinary supporter. I tried to get a ticket for a recent game and noticed that despite offering an over 66 discount when you try to buy the ticket it reverts to full price. I think this bloke is dangerous, but unfortunately his type seems to follow where success goes.

We do get football tourists as I’ve met some and I’ve even had a couple of mates from Australia purposely come up from London for a game when we were in the championship. I imagine we get more now than back then but obviosily still nowhere near other clubs.

Villa park, renound for being Nosisy, will end up as a library where people will come and expect / Demand success for their top dollar. Just take a look at some of the so called fan blogs at Arsenal after we beat them, complaing all through the game......tossers!

We do get football tourists as I’ve met some and I’ve even had a couple of mates from Australia purposely come up from London for a game when we were in the championship. I imagine we get more now than back then but obviosily still nowhere near other clubs.
Not sure it's enough to build a revenue source around though.

Why do you think he's dangerous bud?

Why do you think he's dangerous bud?
I think he's dangerous because he's changing fans into customers and I believe he's going to bleed you of every penny he can. Not long ago the talk was of filling in the corners, then it was a new Witton End. That's all been reigned in and now he talking about additional seats for an upmarket fan base, that I don't believe exists. Just hope he doesn't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I think he's dangerous because he's changing fans into customers and I believe he's going to bleed you of every penny he can. Not long ago the talk was of filling in the corners, then it was a new Witton End. That's all been reigned in and now he talking about additional seats for an upmarket fan base, that I don't believe exists. Just hope he doesn't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
The Sutton "Set" disappeared during our fallow years. Take care,Aston Villa.

When to altoris share purchase came to light Heck made a little speech about what he'd doing - he'd been analysing things hence his quiet approach.

Then the share purchase was completed last week - and up he pops again - telling us all what a great job he's doing and unveiling the new shirt sponsor deal (which had already been unveiled TBF)

I wonder if he is a bit nervous about these new board members.....????

Sure Hecks Job isn't to be flavour of the month with supporters - but he's remarkably unpopular for a guy less than 12 months into his job

Just looked it up, anywhere from £80 - £139....that's off the official websites.
We sold my Grandaughters child ticket back to the club last game my Son said he might get about a fiver for it but the bloke who bought it paid nearly £50 for it for the game against Bournemouth.

Yes I get it, but that's what I'm talking about, there is demand so it will go for the highest price. That's the way its going supply and demand.....the average fan is getting priced out the market. Why spend 100 mill getting more fans in when you can exploite the rich..Chris Heck can FO..

Yes I get it, but that's what I'm talking about, there is demand so it will go for the highest price. That's the way its going supply and demand.....the average fan is getting priced out the market. Why spend 100 mill getting more fans in when you can exploite the rich..Chris Heck can FO..
Just one question. Who do you think Heck reports to ?

Have you tried going to a big music gig, the theatre etc?. Even more overpriced.

The average music fan is being priced out. It’s even ridiculous at the cinema now.

Don’t think this is just a football issue.

If it wasn't Heck it would be someone else. I'm presuming most have noticed the income difference between us and the other top 4 teams? I said weeks ago they are waiting to see if we qualify for CL before announcing the ST rise.

I can almost write the explanation. To compete at CL level we need to have prices comparable with our rivals. It will come down to, you either pay or move over and let someone else pay it sadly.