Interesting News Around the Football League | Page 28 | Vital Football

Interesting News Around the Football League

Bradley Dack being linked with a move to Wrexham, apparently.

Unless he drops his wage demands, or they offer him a long term deal, absolutely no chance.

He's on big Championship money still. His release from Rovers was because the club wouldn't commit to 2 years. Sunderland more or less paid him the same as he was on at Ewood but for one year with an option which is a no brainer to decline at this point.

So sad to see - that second ACL changed everything.

Sunderland more or less paid him the same as he was on at Ewood but for one year with an option which is a no brainer to decline at this point

That option for a second year is almost certainly based on a certain number of appearances being made though and he’s missed a lot of games through injury.

The Hollywood element and additional exposure for himself and particularly partner may be attractive to him.

That option for a second year is almost certainly based on a certain number of appearances being made though and he’s missed a lot of games through injury.

The Hollywood element and additional exposure for himself and particularly partner may be attractive to him.

Hollywood connection is apophenia in action.

Even if he took a 40/50% pay cut he'd still be looking for 10 to 12k a week. In L1? It's not happening. Wrexham would have to re-tool their wage structure. He'll get someone in the Championship take a punt still.

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

Besides, his injuries have cast such a long shadow.

Even if he took a 40/50% pay cut he'd still be looking for 10 to 12k a week. In L1? It's not happening.

A fair few players in L1 on that sort of money and I’d expect Wrexham to be one of the bigger spenders.

Could well be that the injuries mean he’s more suited to L1 than Championship.

What’s your favourite part of a crow?

Hollywood connection is apophenia in action.

Even if he took a 40/50% pay cut he'd still be looking for 10 to 12k a week. In L1? It's not happening. Wrexham would have to re-tool their wage structure. He'll get someone in the Championship take a punt still.

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

Besides, his injuries have cast such a long shadow.
I think Wrexham already have players on £10k a week in league two so will definitely pay more as they progress.

I think Wrexham already have players on £10k a week in league two so will definitely pay more as they progress.
I heard suggestions that Elliot Lee was on 12k when they signed him as a National League club. McLean and Fletcher are almost certainly on that sort of money too.

I heard suggestions that Elliot Lee was on 12k when they signed him as a National League club. McLean and Fletcher are almost certainly on that sort of money too.
Exactly
These guys who were on £30 and £40k are hardly likely to drop to £3 or 4k
I’d guess that Dack is on at least £20k a week.

From Bristol Live website,
"Elsewhere in the Rovers squad, it appears as though John Marquis will also be leaving the football club with the striker missing the past four games as Matt Taylor has started to show signs of who are and aren't in his plans for next season with his team selections of late."
Cue the rumours

From Bristol Live website,
"Elsewhere in the Rovers squad, it appears as though John Marquis will also be leaving the football club with the striker missing the past four games as Matt Taylor has started to show signs of who are and aren't in his plans for next season with his team selections of late."
Cue the rumours
Liked him when at Gills, but possibly a bit older than we want (got a few of them already). Maybe as a back-up forward?

A fair few players in L1 on that sort of money and I’d expect Wrexham to be one of the bigger spenders.

Could well be that the injuries mean he’s more suited to L1 than Championship.

What’s your favourite part of a crow?

Nothing too beaky.

Will still believe it when I see it. He comes with significant risk. There's also a lot of professional pride in there. What, the average wage in Championship is probably ~7-10k, so closer to half that in L1. Dacky has been on more than double that Championship number for a long while. They'd need to throw money and term at him.

I get the link. I just don't see it happening.