Team from the coast Vs Team on the beach | Page 6 | Vital Football

Team from the coast Vs Team on the beach

One thing we should do today and next week is appreciate the talent of Tickle and Hughes. We won’t see players as good as them coming through the academy very often and I’d say there’s a good chance next week will be their last game for us before they go to play at a higher level. They’ve both led by example this season and taken on a lot of responsibility at a young age 👏 👏 👏

One thing we should do today and next week is appreciate the talent of Tickle and Hughes. We won’t see players as good as them coming through the academy very often and I’d say there’s a good chance next week will be their last game for us before they go to play at a higher level. They’ve both led by example this season and taken on a lot of responsibility at a young age 👏 👏 👏
Some reports suggesting Liverpool are closing in on Tickle. Normally at this point in the season I would say, yeh right, but it really wouldn’t be a surprise as you say. If him and Hughes do go I hope it will give Maloney an opportunity to improve the squad overall.

You know what Th10, you may very well be right & yes we should appreciate what talent we have in our team in the form of Tickle & Hughes etc. Now if they are sold & go onto better things with a decent ££££££ to the club we should be grateful, a bit like seeing your kids going onto a much better place after all their hard work & endeavour, into a place that sees all their hard work worthwhile......

Magennis played well today?

You are taking happy clapping to a new level now pal, the useless get played around half an hour and scored, he didn't play well but it was an improvement on what we've been accustomed to.

Would you give him a new contract based on that half hour?

Who said anything about giving him a new contract? Not me.

But it doesn't matter if I don't usually rate him and wouldn't give him a new deal - I'm not going to be disingenuous and say he didn't hold the ball well and carry it forward when he had no options which helped take the pressure off. Or lie by saying he didn't take his goal well.

I've been very critical of Magennis but I'm objective enough to give him credit when he earned it and today is one of those. That's not happy clapping that's being balanced.

Magennis took his goal well, but he spurned a superb opportunity ten minutes earlier when someone threaded a beautiful pass down the line and he fluffed his control when he was one on one with the keeper.

When we were under immense pressure towards the end he received a cleared ball almost on halfway and immediately misplaced a simple pass to put Portsmouth back in on goal….it’s not good enough altogether.

He may well be a genuine lad and an all round good egg …but for an International centre forward , 90 odd goals in over 500 odd games (including how many penalties?) tells its own tale.

Some reports suggesting Liverpool are closing in on Tickle. Normally at this point in the season I would say, yeh right, but it really wouldn’t be a surprise as you say. If him and Hughes do go I hope it will give Maloney an opportunity to improve the squad overall.
Tickle needs to stay with us for another season and play regular games. A move to a Prem club just now would not be good for him in my opinion. He still has a lot to learn

You know what Th10, you may very well be right & yes we should appreciate what talent we have in our team in the form of Tickle & Hughes etc. Now if they are sold & go onto better things with a decent ££££££ to the club we should be grateful, a bit like seeing your kids going onto a much better place after all their hard work & endeavour, into a place that sees all their hard work worthwhile......

It's a huge gap to the Prem and the top sides all have so much money to buy proven players and loads of top talent from their own aacademies.

As good as Tickle and Hughes are for us this is only their first full season in L1 and they still aren't the finished article. Both have lots of potential but we are going to want a premium, so I can imagine that top Prem clubs may want to see them develop over the next season and get a bit more experience before committing.

So hopefully we may keep them a little longer yet.

It's a huge gap to the Prem and the top sides all have so much money to buy proven players and loads of top talent from their own aacademies.

As good as Tickle and Hughes are for us this is only their first full season in L1 and they still aren't the finished article. Both have lots of potential but we are going to want a premium, so I can imagine that top Prem clubs may want to see them develop over the next season and get a bit more experience before committing.

So hopefully we may keep them a little longer yet.
A whopping sale price and loaned back to us would be a good outcome if they were to be sold.......

Magennis took his goal well, but he spurned a superb opportunity ten minutes earlier when someone threaded a beautiful pass down the line and he fluffed his control when he was one on one with the keeper.

When we were under immense pressure towards the end he received a cleared ball almost on halfway and immediately misplaced a simple pass to put Portsmouth back in on goal….it’s not good enough altogether.

He may well be a genuine lad and an all round good egg …but for an International centre forward , 90 odd goals in over 500 odd games (including how many penalties?) tells its own tale.
Don't try talking football to some of these lot on here mate, waste of time and effort.

IF, Hughes and Tickle are sold for as good price with sell on clauses, this will make a little amends for the players were were 'forced' to sell for a 'pittance' in our Admin days.

It will also give a big incentive to our younger players that if they also develop into decent players, they too could follow in Hughes and Tickle footsteps.

Even though we have a 'Billionaire' owner Danson has made it clear he will not make the same mistakes as the 2 previous owners and
'bankrupt' the club with debts.

We have to develop our own players whether they are from our Academy system or players we buy or a freebie, the days of buying expensive players on high wages is not going to happen in the near future, as this kind of policy nearly took our Club to Extinction.

IF, Hughes and Tickle are sold for as good price with sell on clauses, this will make a little amends for the players were were 'forced' to sell for a 'pittance' in our Admin days.

It will also give a big incentive to our younger players that if they also develop into decent players, they too could follow in Hughes and Tickle footsteps.

Even though we have a 'Billionaire' owner Danson has made it clear he will not make the same mistakes as the 2 previous owners and
'bankrupt' the club with debts.

We have to develop our own players whether they are from our Academy system or players we buy or a freebie, the days of buying expensive players on high wages is not going to happen in the near future, as this kind of policy nearly took our Club to Extinction.
I agree but Danson can make sure we don’t have our pants pulled down when it comes to the big boys. We shouldn’t sell any of our players on the cheap we should be getting the absolute maximum we can get for our prized jewels

Why would Bayern loan him back to us when Maloney has treated him pretty badly and kept him out of the team for long spells?

I expect he’ll go on loan to a championship team (as will Chambers) and they’ll both do well.
TBF! Both will more than likely be snapped up on loans by championship teams for the next stage of their development.

He certaily wasn't perfect and did get things wrong as you pointed out. But he did other things well and scored what turned out to be the winning goal. So I'd still give him a thumbs up for this game.

If he performed like he did against Pompey every week, he'd still not be a world beater but I'd be happy enough with that. But unfortunately we rarely get that much which is why he's probably going to get released.

Being in L1 gets you 900k tv monet and about 700k solidarity payments next season.

Being in the Championship gets you about 8m TV money and 3m solidarity payments next season plus is worth a lot more in commercial and match day revenue.

Trying to be self sustainable is hard at any level but much harder with a much smaller revenue.
But but...
Higher wages
Inexperienced current playing staff (for Championship)
The need for more and better players
Bigger pay roll for more support staff

For for...
More TV money
Some bigger crowds
More club shop sales??

We currently do not benefit from the higher sales of pies and pints arising from bigger crowds.
The alleged sale premium due to al jasmi for promotion.
No let's consolidate for one more year.

I understand that if the club is to maximise the financial benefit of any young academy player sale, the sale must take place before the end of June.
Financial year ends, and all that.