Team from the coast Vs Team on the beach | Vital Football

Team from the coast Vs Team on the beach

runcornfan1978

Vital Squad Member
Haven't seen a thread yet re: Saturdays game, so thought I'd make a start.

How will the game go? Will both teams be on the beach & it'll end up a drab 0 - 0 draw. Will both teams go all out attack with neither team anything to play for really? Or will Pompey be going all out to get to the 100 point mark & put us under the cosh from the off?

I'm hoping for an away win with Pompey still on the Southsea beach ( there nearest beach I believe)....not to mention a win for us would help my bet
4 fold....
Wigan win
Crewe win ( v Wrexham)
Gillingham win ( v Mansfield)
Accrington win ( v Stockport)

It's one I seen on Nixon's twitter, his thinking being that all said teams will be 'on the beach'...a £10 gets potential return of £4+

So I'm going for a 1 nil Latics 😉

I'm hoping for an away win with Pompey still on the Southsea beach ( there nearest beach I believe)....not to mention a win for us would help my bet
4 fold....
Wigan win
Crewe win ( v Wrexham)
Gillingham win ( v Mansfield)
Accrington win ( v Stockport)

It's one I seen on Nixon's twitter, his thinking being that all said teams will be 'on the beach'...a £10 gets potential return of £4+

So I'm going for a 1 nil Latics 😉
I am on that bet as well, after seeing Nixon's tweet. £2 returns about £950.
I think I may well check out early once I have won enough rather than risk the full 90 mins

We know our pattern - our performance often seems to directly correlate to the oppositions league position so in theory this will be a game we'll be up for.

Portsmouth are obviously a good side and will want to put on a good display for their home fans before lifting the trophy. Their tails will be up so I expect they'll probably come at us quite hard hoping for a big win.

But as we know from when we were in a similar position under Caldwell and we got battered 4-1 by Barnsley that if you've been out partying or take your foot off the gas even a little you can be caught out on your big day.

At our place Pompey we're killing us with the space we left their full backs in to put in dangerous crosses. So hopefully we will be a lot better on closing down those areas and cutting off the supply.

So it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Nailed on away win after Pompey confirmed as champions...just look at Chesterfield's trajectory since promotion for further evidence.

1-2

If we can't beat a team on the full-blown piss without a care in the world, it'll speak volumes.

If we attack like we did against Lincoln, we could Spoil the Party
for Portsmouth, the pressure is on Portsmouth to Win the game before lifting the Trophy.

The pressure is Off us as we are expected to lose,
it would be great to beat the Champions on their own 'patch'

2-3 to the Wigan (Beach Boys).

Team News:

Maloney made two changes from their late victory at Lincoln City last weekend, with Luke Chambers and Liam Morrison returning to the starting line-up, coming in for Tom Pearce and Jason Kerr.

Latics: Tickle, Sessegnon, Hughes (Capt), Morrison, Chambers, J.Smith, M.Smith, Adeeko, Aasgaard, Godo, Kelman.

Subs: Amos, Pearce, Kerr, S.Smith, McManaman, Sze, Magennis.

More then anything, last week, we just seemed to be cohesive ... each player knew their own role, and what was expected of them by their team-mates.

More of that today and it will be a step in the right direction.

#not really bothered about the result ... just the performance. We all know we can eek out results when not playing great ... let's aim for getting the performance right today ... even over the result.