Good Morning Thread | Page 919 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

All I know is that the gutless mps from both sides are watching a slow but surely take over of this country by a 6th century religion, and none more so than in the Red Ranks. Grrrr!

Ahh well away from the doom and gloom, good day today.
I practiced a couple of wedding songs, my chum is getting married Friday and we're doing the ceremony, I've finally got confident with the Choons, and doing em acoustically at Bangor Castle, Friday nite I'm doing 75th Birthday again in Bangor, at the Bryansburn Inn.
Did a wee 2 mile run today 22 min but just jogging
Made MrsD dinner
Pretty easy diah Lamb meat balls in coconut and Harrissa sauce, with Coucous, Brownie points right up.
Stay safe folks...

I have just been invited to make my bookings for this years Olympics in Paris at the first stage which includes Table tennis (not all sports are open yet), I love playing Table tennis (been playing competitively around 3 +years now) and before my recent injury issues, I was on track to become a Senior British Premier League player (so if I could, I could at least claim I played in the Premier league lol!)..so...basically myself and plus 1 for the semi-finals and finals have just been quoted around $5-6,000 for the tickets and a room for 2 nights (in a bang average hotel)..it feels like they are taking the piss..

But I really want to see it, would hate being ripped off, would you pay it?
*Sigh*

What isn't a rip-off in this day & age?

If it means that much to you yeah. You could then strike it of your bucket list. You only live once after all.

You're not a Hindu are you?

I have just been invited to make my bookings for this years Olympics in Paris at the first stage which includes Table tennis (not all sports are open yet), I love playing Table tennis (been playing competitively around 3 +years now) and before my recent injury issues, I was on track to become a Senior British Premier League player (so if I could, I could at least claim I played in the Premier league lol!)..so...basically myself and plus 1 for the semi-finals and finals have just been quoted around $5-6,000 for the tickets and a room for 2 nights (in a bang average hotel)..it feels like they are taking the piss..

Course I would ,,when are you going to get a better chance . Soak in the atmosphere , enjoy the occasion, see the best players in the world .

But of course you are being ripped off .

How much research have you done , is it an official site , can you do it cheaper, I doubt it now , there are only a hundred days to go . Rooms are going to be a premium. , if you can get one .

Just do it mate , you will have an experience you won’t forget .

We had a fantastic holiday last year , a few holidays really , and met a lot of great people .
One couple we have stayed in touch with , and , over Christmas , we had a chat and decided to book the same hotel , same two weeks , to meet again .

Same hotel , same time , same everything , but it cost four hundred pounds more .

Where can you go without being ripped off ?

We had a fantastic holiday last year , a few holidays really , and met a lot of great people .
One couple we have stayed in touch with , and , over Christmas , we had a chat and decided to book the same hotel , same two weeks , to meet again .

Same hotel , same time , same everything , but it cost four hundred pounds more .

Window Sill Bay mate......£0

It certainly is a rip-off, but if you have the dosh! go for it, I would, you might not get the chance again, that is the Games being just across the Briny.

Me n Mrs PY done the same thing for some 10 years, when we went to St Petes Beach in Florida, treatment for her RSD/CRPS, oppo's from across the pond asked when we were going, dates, hotel etc.

They all turned up at roughly the same time, great times were had and very many memories achieved.

Some still carry out the routine, but we cannot go as the NHS will not let Mrs PY fly, yet the American airlines have no bother about it.

Mrs PY can get insurance but the NHS still says no!

And the prices did go up every year. lol!

Afternoon folks, not to bad a day round these ere parts.

Now then, a couple of weeks back I told you of a Sewage blockage in our neighbours, in the sinks, toilets etc, it got sorted blah! blah! lol!

Well it's happenned again, so Dino-Rod been in and out of our Gaffs garden since Friday last, working between 2 manholes, looking/hunting for the problem.

Well they did find it, a rather large oval shape ball made of plastic, not a rugger thingy, got it out obviously, how old? even them Dino-Rod geezers didn't know, explaining it appears to have stood up vertically, thus causing the blockage, even then a certain amount liquid could past get either side.

So 3 Stent like tubes were put in to replace the original pipe work.

That then was (y) all done....but No! catastrophe struck...

Whilst checking their work wiv their Camera on a line, collapse! the orginal pipe for one reason or another gave way/collapsed, thus trapping their expensive Camera, their faces were a picture, apologies all round etc, that was yesterday, so back today wiv a more senior expert geezer.

So here again today, got the Camera back, but that was only after having to take up the floor and breaking out some of the ground round the neighbours man-hole, but you see a man cave type room had been built on the end of the Garage but on building this, it covered the Sewage manhole, which is a bloody big NO NO.

The Dino-Rod geezers say that the whole bloody shenanigans is Southern Waters fault, not maintained pipes etc, not very happy chappies, but I tell you they were/are bloody good workers in every way, respectful, polite etc.

So well done to them.

So now will be the arguement of costs related to this incident between SW and our poor neighbour who incidently is 82 years old.

Afternoon folks, not to bad a day round these ere parts.

Now then, a couple of weeks back I told you of a Sewage blockage in our neighbours, in the sinks, toilets etc, it got sorted blah! blah! lol!

Well it's happenned again, so Dino-Rod been in and out of our Gaffs garden since Friday last, working between 2 manholes, looking/hunting for the problem.

Well they did find it, a rather large oval shape ball made of plastic, not a rugger thingy, got it out obviously, how old? even them Dino-Rod geezers didn't know, explaining it appears to have stood up vertically, thus causing the blockage, even then a certain amount liquid could past get either side.

So 3 Stent like tubes were put in to replace the original pipe work.

That then was (y) all done....but No! catastrophe struck...

Whilst checking their work wiv their Camera on a line, collapse! the orginal pipe for one reason or another gave way/collapsed, thus trapping their expensive Camera, their faces were a picture, apologies all round etc, that was yesterday, so back today wiv a more senior expert geezer.

So here again today, got the Camera back, but that was only after having to take up the floor and breaking out some of the ground round the neighbours man-hole, but you see a man cave type room had been built on the end of the Garage but on building this, it covered the Sewage manhole, which is a bloody big NO NO.

The Dino-Rod geezers say that the whole bloody shenanigans is Southern Waters fault, not maintained pipes etc, not very happy chappies, but I tell you they were/are bloody good workers in every way, respectful, polite etc.

So well done to them.

So now will be the arguement of costs related to this incident between SW and our poor neighbour who incidently is 82 years old.
Southern Water have to be one of the worst companies in the world .

I had a massive row with them several years ago when they tried to charge me for water they didn’t supply and on a water meter I didn’t have .
Basically , they said I owed them money for supplying water that Portsmouth Water supplied . Then they said I had a water meter , which I didn’t , that proved how much I had used.

Even when Portsmouth Water contacted them to explain the situation , they didn’t believe them .

Their CEO , who I got to know very well via emails , was a bloke called Les Dawson . Said it all really .

This is the same company that discharges sewerage into the Solent on a biblical scale whilst putting our charges up every year.

Good Morning from Mérida, which is the provincial town of Extremadura, north of Andalusia near the Portuguese border. Arrived last night after a six hour leisurely drive up from our place near the coast. It is renowned for it's Roman ruins so looking forward to a day of exploration.
Sounds brilliant LT . . Hope you have a great time mate. Try and send some pictures . I am an avid Roman History follower .
Time Team on YouTube is my go to channel when soaps and other girly shows are the tv , which seems to be 27/7 !!!!

My favourite places to have visited are Bath ,,Somerset, and El Gem in Tunisia ,the Coliseum where they filmed Gladiator .

Sounds brilliant LT . . Hope you have a great time mate. Try and send some pictures . I am an avid Roman History follower .
Time Team on YouTube is my go to channel when soaps and other girly shows are the tv , which seems to be 27/7 !!!!

My favourite places to have visited are Bath ,,Somerset, and El Gem in Tunisia ,the Coliseum where they filmed Gladiator .
I've been there as well!