The Unai Emery Thread | Page 227 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

When you can take a young lad from the Championship and turn him into a good prem player in such a short time, it shows, what do we know?

If ever there is someone who can prove the only person standing in the way is yourself its Unai.

We see what he was doing with Tyrone, how he has changed Watkins and Ezri among others. Diaby and Zaniolo are their own enemies. I wouldn't bat an eyelid at him signing Zaniolo and I have faith Diaby will find his consistency. He didn't bring Diaby here because he was worse than Leon.

Just to take a quick journey into the “what ifs”, Sheff Utd 2pts lost, Brentford 2pts lost, Manure both games more lost points.

I know it doesn’t work like that, but this goes to show how close we really are to the top, top teams in the division. We really are in dreamland with this guy and I can only guess what the ceiling truly is.

Truly great result today and how many of these days has he given us? As Unai would tell me, just focus on the next game, and if we can put in another performance like that on Thursday, I’ll be a happy little Villan :utv:

He knew there was no room for messing about. We had to get a top coach in.

Been banging my head against a wall for years.....you can't fudge the managers position.

Quite simply (to say ) you have to shift heaven and earth to get the best coach in you possibly can. If you find yourself thinking "hmm he might be ok" - then you have wrong guy.

Emery is a top coach - who's achieved wherever he has been - he's a great fit for us - just hope he sticks around for many years.

I've run out of plaudits to give him. Simply one of the best managers we have ever had.
I've been holding fire on a statement like that but it's becoming very hard to argue against it. I cannot remember a coach we have ever had improving so many players.

I remember going the Man U game what was it 3 or 4 days after he arrived? I was absolutely stunned at the change from the scouse chancer.

Unai Emery on Instagram:

“Happy players, happy fans.. What else? This is why we work. Simply, we were the team today we want to be & we fully deserved the W. Tomorrow — back to work hard. Focus on Lille. Nothing is done yet. Up the Villa!”

This is what I love about this bloke, fantastic work ethic, always looking to improve, meticulous preparation. He was as classy as ever when asked about the win meaning something today after his Arsenal experience but despite him dismissing it, that must have felt very sweet for him today after the way he was hounded out there. And we just know that he’ll have them bang at it between now and Thursday. Relentless. It’s no wonder he’s won so many trophies. We should cherish every moment he’s with us.

I've run out of plaudits to give him. Simply one of the best managers we have ever had.
All round and I know it’s only 18 months but looking at our progress, the win percentage, the teams we’ve beaten, the way he improves players, his tactics, the togetherness of the squad, coaches and fans…THE best I think…..and that’s before we’ve actually won anything!

Just to take a quick journey into the “what ifs”, Sheff Utd 2pts lost, Brentford 2pts lost, Manure both games more lost points.

I know it doesn’t work like that, but this goes to show how close we really are to the top, top teams in the division. We really are in dreamland with this guy and I can only guess what the ceiling truly is.

Truly great result today and how many of these days has he given us? As Unai would tell me, just focus on the next game, and if we can put in another performance like that on Thursday, I’ll be a happy little Villan :utv:
That's our next step, those games aren't entirely the difference between us and City but getting 9 pts from 12 out of those is part of it. Not letting in slopping goals away at Luton and Spurs is part of it. Having the squad to be able to play a full strength team away at City.

The finest of margins and multiple occasions has cost us a league title. Nobody outside of us takes that seriously but it is true.

You know 10-15 years ago we might have won the league.

I have no idea what he is doing and saying to Morgan Rogers. His improvement has been fantastic already. To think I wondered why we were so hell bent on getting him.
I think everyone was baffled mate.

But also everyone trusted Emery.

Blokes a genius.

My only worry is when people are put on a pedal stall there is only one way you can go from there. Which is why I dont mind the press and the pundits ignoring us a little bit.

What is especially nice is the overall togetherness at the moment. Sure, there will always be the odd one, but after a bad result or two the absolute vast majority of fans are still 100% behind the team and manager. Performances are critiqued and criticised but it never feels like the bigger picture is very far away. Just all feels right somehow, right manager for club and right club for manager, all at the perfect time.... hopefully just the beginning.

When you can take a young lad from the Championship and turn him into a good prem player in such a short time, it shows, what do we know?
That is the main reason, I'm not too concerned about us letting anyone go in the summer, I know Unai will replace them and we won't even notice.
His players are so well-drilled/coached he should put anyone into the side and we'd still win more than we lose.

That is the main reason, I'm not too concerned about us letting anyone go in the summer, I know Unai will replace them and we won't even notice.
His players are so well-drilled/coached he should put anyone into the side and we'd still win more than we lose.
GIF image.gif

To think, many including me, were just happy to get a respectable defeat out the way yesterday and move on to Bournemouth. We didn't have natural RB on the pitch ffs !. Look at the injuries both long and short term we have managed. Thursday, Sunday. Thursday, Sunday games.

Quite frankly I have never seen anything quite like it at VP. He is as elite as they come.

Drink it in and enjoy because these are special times happening and there will always be something around the corner . Hopeful that corner is years away though!.

To think, many including me, were just happy to get a respectable defeat out the way yesterday and move on to Bournemouth. We didn't have natural RB on the pitch ffs !. Look at the injuries both long and short term we have managed. Thursday, Sunday. Thursday, Sunday games.

Quite frankly I have never seen anything quite like it at VP. He is as elite as they come.

Drink it in and enjoy because these are special times happening and there will always be something around the corner . Hopeful that corner is years away though!.
I think he wants a crack at the CL and so does Martinez with Villa so as long as we qualify I think we are in safe hands for the foreseeable.

I think he wants a crack at the CL and so does Martinez with Villa so as long as we qualify I think we are in safe hands for the foreseeable.
Yeah if we qualify I think we will keep everyone we want to. I would be shocked if any of these characters jumped ship.

Don't qualify and there may be 2/3 but we have played half a season without some of our best players anyway so I think Unai would not be fazed.