Imps vs 💤💤💤 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Imps vs 💤💤💤

Decent performance, especially our first goal. Defened well against a big side who were on a good unbeaten run. Good 2nd goal & unlucky to not get a 3rd from Thelo which produced a good save....shame the handbags towards the end will put more money into the EFL coffers as we'll no doubt cop a fine from them....

In keeping with the pattern of the season, against one of the better sides in the division in the play off hunt we turned up and got a good result.

You can certainly point out some luck we may have had or things we got wrong but even if we'd have lost that you couldn't fault the effort and endeavour that's all you ask.

Lincoln have been brilliant since their new manager came in and you can tell they are a well coached team by their movement off the ball. But they still weren't that impressive and it just goes to show the thing we've seen as season - if we are up for it there is absolutely nothing to fear and we can beat anyone. Our issue is we are only up for it if the opposition are in or around the top 6.

Well deserved Win, yellow cards flying around like confetti.
chuffed for the Latics fans, who have enjoyed a great day out.

Very good second half performance in terms of dominating the ball and making sure we get players forward. Motm Hughes and I think Adeeko and both fullbacks did well making sure they offered an attacking threat. It could’ve been very different with the 3 disallowed goals, I wasn’t too impressed with Lincoln but they get the ball forward quickly and load the box well. Next season I think we’re crying out for a holding midfielder and a striker who can be a focal point.

Celebrated with a win as I said after Mr Dansons chat with Shaun.

I got the impression the chat may not have happened as planned.

Maloney said he still doesn't have a clue about next season in the pre match for this game and Rioch said he doesn't know the budget on commentary today. If the meeting would've happened I think that would surely have been discussed.

We know Maloney was meant to stay in London to meet Danson after the Charlton game, but with Maloney's wife giving birth on the day of the game I suspect he wanted to come straight home and be with them. So the meeting was probably rescheduled.