General Football thread | Page 466 | Vital Football

General Football thread

Dennis smashing it today, assist and goal against Leeds

Still can't believe we didn't give him a chance this season. I'm not claiming he is the answer but we are desperately short up front. Madness.

Edit: and now he's injured...of course.

The A-League is woeful, League One standard at best.

Glad that Lolley is doing well, but playing in front of 7.5k attendances lessens the pressure...that, and the lack of skill, pace, technique, defensive resolve (ironic, given our problems this season), passing movements and coaching levels, makes the A League basically non-league.

Makes sense given the average salary is around £200k annually.

Yes, can't argue with that. I tried watching one of our sides years ago and it was so bad compared to what I was used to at the City Ground I had to give it away.
And I'd also taken my wife and eldest son with me for the season. These days if I get off my bum and watch anything it's my grandsons, at least they're keen.

Just started watching match of the day 2. They mentioned Larry Lloyd and what he did for Liverpool. You couldn’t make it up. I hate BBC

I think it's the best thing I've ever seen on a football pitch (barring a few incidents in the local Sunday league)
Yeah, the pace of the ball remaining constant to knock the 2nd player off his feet is unreal! That is a one in a billion event.

Last edited:
Lingard's coach has done an interview:

"I've been thinking a lot about removing Jesse (Lingard). I don't think a player who doesn't run for a few minutes is a football player," Ki-dong said.

"If he doesn't fight, and doesn't run better than the player who runs for 90 minutes?

"If you're going to play soccer in the name, shouldn't you just take the retired players?"
"Even though he came on as a substitute, he didn't work hard and avoided tussle," Gi-dong said.

"The name value has no meaning on the pitch. I will tell him this exactly."