Burton at home match threat | Page 4 | Vital Football

Burton at home match threat

Apart from the last 10mins if each half, another dull home performance against a poor opposition.
No tempo.
No urgency.
Lack of composure.
These players are capable of more so why are they failing to get motivated.
Goode Hughes Tickle and Scott Smith did okay but the rest let themselves down.

Decent crowd on again today (see below) ... surprising really, considering they're supposed to be dwindling.

Sadly, I wasn't one of em (good Catholic lad) but I saw some of the 2nd half. Not a clue why the ref disallowed our goal. Sloppy defending for theirs.

Good to see that Scott Smith continued his good form.

Don't worry when it goes tits up the five left out will be on early second half then post match Maloney will accept responsibility for the latest fuck up.
So predictable, fuck off Maloney!

The highlight of the day was when the East Stand starting singing 'Oh when the Saints go marching in' made my day that. 👏👏👏👏

I'd say we were on the beach today and weren't up for it but that's the way we've played against virtually everyone outside the top sides. So it was a pretty stereotypical performance from us against a poor side in poor form.

No urgency, no intensity, no aggression, no tempo, no movement but Burton were so limited they couldn't make us pay for another lacklustre display.

We are just so slow and boring to watch. Maloney talks about patients but if you are just waiting for openings you'll not create much. You've got to make them for yourself with pass and move and considering that's meant to be our style of play we seem to pass it loads in non dangerous areas and have very little movement. After so long I'd expect to see more of a pattern of play than we have.

Definitely an "on the beach game" today. That's what you get when you're a safe mid table team. We've played against loads of teams like that ourselves over the years.

Apart from the last 10mins if each half, another dull home performance against a poor opposition.
No tempo.
No urgency.
Lack of composure.
These players are capable of more so why are they failing to get motivated.
Goode Hughes Tickle and Scott Smith did okay but the rest let themselves down.
They are failing to get motivated because of the way they are being asked to play. The also fail to get motivated because of the chopping and changing for each match and the ludicrous mass substitutions.

Kidds for a quid. A chance. To play a bit of attacking football at home. Give the fans something to cheer. Should be giving the quid back. This manager sorry. Way out of his depth. Like Hibs fans told us. If he is here next season be more of the same.

I just cant wait for the season to end another horrible horrible watch just strolling around like a friendly match.
I've been a critic of Scott Smith earlier in the season but the lad has come on and gives his all for the shirt.
Played great in the right back roll and the team also looked slightly better against Blackpool. So what happens? Maloney axes him from that position and brings back Clare and swaps and changes the side from that half decent performance against Blackpool.

Watched Burton Port Vale last week. Both totally crap. What was all that about all the defence in a straight line Never seen any thing like that before from any Wigan team. They hit the post at our first attempt at it. And the second. Nearly scored. Praising international players. Yet we leave Morrison on the bench. Said a few games back Goode. And Hughes not good. Hughes is a leader.

What a load of shite. Again.

Kids for a quid - I got asked why I didn’t take my little lad - the simple answer is I don’t want to put him off for life sitting through this snore fest that served up game after game.

Watching football is supposed to be entertaining - yet this stuff is anything but. I don’t know what gets worked on in training, but there can’t be anything offensive. If Maloney thinks this type of football is what Wiganers want to watch then he is sadly mistaken.

Maloney at least wasn't happy with it. Nothing winds me up more than hearing a manager say we were good when we clearly weren't. He talks about the poor mentality again and us just coasting for the majority of the game. I appreciate his honesty in saying we were lucky to not lose and weren't good enough for at least 70 minutes.

I don't think Maloney is under an illusions or can't see the issues we all do. But I do think he's struggling to fix it.

They are failing to get motivated because of the way they are being asked to play. The also fail to get motivated because of the chopping and changing for each match and the ludicrous mass substitutions.
Enough said!

Been saying that for the past 6 months, so much for the 'shackles will come off now we are safe'

Just gone another step closer to not renewing my ST if Maloney is still here next season, that would be me done!

Proper nothing to play for end of season game.

Hope we don't see the same in the remaining home games but it's entirely possible. And I'd totally get why.

Bring on the cricket season !