FFP charges? | Page 132 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

In one podcast and discussion with RM, Garribaldi Red has managed to air what has been discussed on here for many weeks. SC and NEP got in many of RM’s points in a recent article. All these points need airing on national platforms to drive public opinion prior to appeal hearing. Football fans need to be aware of the facts not the version published so far. The Premiership League is a cartel. Any team getting promoted will find it difficult, without parachute payments impossible.

The recent 50 page document has many incorrect statements. It makes too many assumptions and bases some findings on here-say not fact.

I thought it interesting the Shef Utd, who spent very little in promotion season would receive points reduction if they remained in PL next season. The rules do not reflect the objectives of PSR or equal competition. This has to be aired at national level and get the Premier League Cartel to rethink its stance prior to new regulations.

Supporters of NFFC need to ensure these facts are heard not the misinformation that has been put out by national media and repeated verbatim by the IC.

The objective of PSR needs to be voiced.

The unfairness of the situation that promoted teams and imparticular promoted teams without parachute payment needs to be heard.

The exceptance of covid payments and bonuses by EFL being rejected by PL, a separate organisation being illegal.

Then worse, the Premier League announcing this in June only weeks prior to window closing and ffp balance sheets being filed, making it an impossibility to correct any understanding or implications.

The concept that Forest spent inappropriately or at a higher rate than is normal. The IC stated this in report. In fact allowing for inflation in wages and transfers Forest were comparable in expenditure to other promoted teams in the past, notably Fulham, Villa and Leeds. Non of those teams achieved promotion with such a thin squad of retained players. Nor was their expenditure penalised.

The report quoted the BJ sale and Forest choosing to wait till later in window. BJ was never going to sign for Brentford when bigger teams and bigger money was in the offering. The report also suggests Forest turned down a bid from Athletico. They didn’t. That bid was reliant upon selling another player. This sale never happened. All here say and rumour. Forest didn’t choose.

All these points, though known by Forest supporters, are new to football supporters nation wide. Even pundits appear blind to the facts of the case. They are still discussing the appeal decision date being after season end not the facts.

It needs to be heard and debated, held up to scrutiny and the PL held to account. Not continuing with this farce and malpractice. Let’s hear it for the Garribaldi. Shout it from the roof tops and every clarion, bugle and herald.
We can shout as loud as you like, but they wont listen.

The views of the supporters, you know, the fucking lifeblood of the game, count for little when there are wealthy Arabs to suck up to.

And there will be very little sympathy from supporters of other Clubs; even the supporters of Clubs in the lower half of the table will be secretly wishing we go down instead of them.

Its going to take a wealthy individual to stick it up to the PL and end this charade.

He described the whole affair as a hatchet job, and it is increasingly looking that way.

It took until 2nd June to inform us that neither the Covid allowance or the Promotion Bonuses would not be accepted; effectively leaving 28 days to rectify the situation.

That implies we were being forced into a fire sale situation.

And guess what, a Club comes in with a lowball offer for our most saleable asset; its almost as if they were aware what was going to happen.

If one of the big Clubs had have done the same it definitely would have appeared conspiratorial.

I am now of the opinion that an appeal is just not enough; we need to come out fighting and stick a court order on both the PL and Dick Masters for breaching Competition Law, because its looking more like a cartel by each passing day
Don’t forget - the epl had these numbers in December 2022 a full 6 months prior to telling us they were not accepting them.

The epl are totally incompetent and are trying to deflect their competency by spinning a web of deceit and lies - I am with you, we need to go legal and expose them for what they are

Don’t forget - the epl had these numbers in December 2022 a full 6 months prior to telling us they were not accepting them.

The epl are totally incompetent and are trying to deflect their competency by spinning a web of deceit and lies - I am with you, we need to go legal and expose them for what they are
We might get a sympathetic hearing from the new regulator, but can we take a chance on that?

We might get a sympathetic hearing from the new regulator, but can we take a chance on that?

If you will excuse the pun, I can see us being used as a political football.

agree with everyone who says fight and fight hard. it's every week with these ***** and someone needs to stand up to them.

He described the whole affair as a hatchet job, and it is increasingly looking that way.

It took until 2nd June to inform us that neither the Covid allowance or the Promotion Bonuses would not be accepted; effectively leaving 28 days to rectify the situation.

And guess what, a Club comes in with a lowball offer for our most saleable asset; its almost as if they were aware what was going to happen.

If one of the big Clubs had have done the same it definitely would have appeared conspiratorial.

I am now of the opinion that an appeal is just not enough; we need to come out fighting and stick a court order on both the PL and Dick Masters for breaching Competition Law, because its looking more like a cartel by each passing day
I said this from day 1, that we need to take this legal, get into the press and shout it from the roof tops. RM also correctly stated the window didn't open until June14th, so we basically had 16 days to rectify

I said this from day 1, that we need to take this legal, get into the press and shout it from the roof tops. RM also correctly stated the window didn't open until June14th, so we basically had 16 days to rectify
and the whole football world on holiday - total bullshit

Agreed - think we need a second pair of eyes on it as De Marco will use the same arguments in appeal and so someone new would perhaps do a different line of defence.
As I said before, from all that you can see and read about De Marco, and I know people who have met him, he is not that bright. He was brought in a while back by Randall, who is his QPR supporting mate.

The Premier League was represented by Jane Mulcahy KC, who is in the same Chambers as De Marco ( and Manchester City's KC, Pannick), and she is Deputy Head of it. She would appear to be someone not to be trifled with.

As I said at the time, but was shouted down by the legal experts on here, for De Marco to be moving house and going to Stan Bowles's memorial match at QPR the day before our hearing does not appear to be the best preparation for all of this, especially if he is not the brightest of these guys.

Last edited:
As I said before, from all that you can see and read about De Marco, and I know people who have met him, he is not that bright. He was brought in a while back by Randall, who is his QPR supporting mate.

The Premier League was represented by Jane Mulcahy KC, who is in the same Chambers as De Marco ( and Manchester City's KC, Pannick), and she is Deputy Head of it. She would appear to be someone not to be trifled with.

As I said at the time, but was shouted down by the legal experts on here, for De Marco to be moving house and going to Stan Bowles's memorial match at QPR the day before our hearing does not appear to be the best preparation for all of this, especially if he is not the brightest of these guys.

I would rather have sent @Marco Polo . He's mint and he has a hole.

I couldn't disagee more
I think De Marco and his team have done a brilliant job.
By fully co-operating they have lulled the epl into a false sense of security and as a result, all of their faults and mistakes are now recorded on public record in the published report.
Now let's go for the jugular and fully expose them for what they are

There’s still the issue that our CFO told the club in January that we were going to be over and we went and spent more money anyway. How does that stack up with this theory about only being told the promotion bonuses would be counted 4 weeks before the end on the finance window

I suspect we knew all along but there was nothing written and we’re playing on it

There’s still the issue that our CFO told the club in January that we were going to be over and we went and spent more money anyway. How does that stack up with this theory about only being told the promotion bonuses would be counted 4 weeks before the end on the finance window

I suspect we knew all along but there was nothing written and we’re playing on it
To be fair to us, the way the PL argument is represented does not really tell the full story.

If the projected loss was much lower when the CFO was saying this (which it would have been accounting for promotion stuff and COVID losses) then the risk of delaying the sale of a player is completely different. We could have sold any number of players in the squad to cover a very low projected loss and even taken a hit by selling a squad player early at low value. The whole dynamic changed when we were told early June that we had higher losses as they wouldn't accept promotion/COVID submissions.

I think I am right in saying not only is this misrepresented but it's almost deliberately misleading in the IC documents. They literally say the only player we could sell is "player 1" and this was acknowledged much before the date we found out we had a much bigger gap to fill. I'd imagine we have always been saying that we were selling Johnson as that was always our plan but the commission seems to have taken a massive leap in stating that was our only option at the time when we were projecting much lower losses. Effectively at that point in time we knew we planned to sell Johnson and had risk mitigation in terms of other players that could be sold should it be needed. This only changed when the PL changed the goal posts early June giving us no time to react or address the issue.

To be fair to us, the way the PL argument is represented does not really tell the full story.

If the projected loss was much lower when the CFO was saying this (which it would have been accounting for promotion stuff and COVID losses) then the risk of delaying the sale of a player is completely different. We could have sold any number of players in the squad to cover a very low projected loss and even taken a hit by selling a squad player early at low value. The whole dynamic changed when we were told early June that we had higher losses as they wouldn't accept promotion/COVID submissions.

I think I am right in saying not only is this misrepresented but it's almost deliberately misleading in the IC documents. They literally say the only player we could sell is "player 1" and this was acknowledged much before the date we found out we had a much bigger gap to fill. I'd imagine we have always been saying that we were selling Johnson as that was always our plan but the commission seems to have taken a massive leap in stating that was our only option at the time when we were projecting much lower losses. Effectively at that point in time we knew we planned to sell Johnson and had risk mitigation in terms of other players that could be sold should it be needed. This only changed when the PL changed the goal posts early June giving us no time to react or address the issue.
Fully agreed
As I have said elsewhere the epl are being very economical with the truth and painting a picture to suit their own agenda

Spot on

And I think this needs to be the crux of our appeal.

Regardless of whether the Premier League were correct to disallow our figures or not, the fact that they had them in December but did not inform us they were disallowing them until nearly 7 months later is absolutely critical.

A sale for Johnson absolutely could have been lined up for mid June had we been informed of this in January rather than early June.

On what basis is that delay and late notice acceptable or reasonable conduct by the Premier League?

I suspect the argument will be thrown out because it feels more and more like this is a massive stitch up from the start

Spot on

And I think this needs to be the crux of our appeal.

Regardless of whether the Premier League were correct to disallow our figures or not, the fact that they had them in December but did not inform us they were disallowing them until nearly 7 months later is absolutely critical.

A sale for Johnson absolutely could have been lined up for mid June had we been informed of this in January rather than early June.

On what basis is that delay and late notice acceptable or reasonable conduct by the Premier League?

I suspect the argument will be thrown out because it feels more and more like this is a massive stitch up from the start
It might be thrown out by the EPL/IC - but there is no way a Court of Arbitration will support this - it is totally unreasonable