The Matty Cash Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

The Matty Cash Thread

I've only just seen this. That's an amazing picture.
Probably explains why results and performances have been a bit sketchy recently as through one reason or another we've been unable to regularly play those 5 together. Definitely makes a difference with all the chopping and changing Unai has had to do so to still be in 4th spot is nothing short of remarkable

He's come on for the second half for Poland tonight....

...and gone off injured 10 mins later.
Seriously 😣. I hate fuckin international football. Clubs should demand more control over
I'm pretty sure you can see Kate in the background
William has probably nagged her to come to a game. Or see what he's up too.

Apparently he collided with some advertising hoardings , so who knows what the damage is ?
Yes I thought that and when looking at the incident it looked like that. Although he was touching the back of his leg - will need him for sure against wolves - that said they haven’t got much pace wise or on the wing apart from their full back

Probably explains why results and performances have been a bit sketchy recently as through one reason or another we've been unable to regularly play those 5 together. Definitely makes a difference with all the chopping and changing Unai has had to do so to still be in 4th spot is nothing short of remarkable
Here is a backline we've put out that has only played together twice:

Konsa Diego Pau Digne - the two games? City and Arsenal.

The Arsenal game was one of the best defensive performances in recent years. We scored early and kept them out despite being under pressure for long periods. The Man City game before had took a lot out of us.
It certainly had because, despite the scoreline, we absolutely battered them. I'd say our best performance since Unai took charge

Do we ever have a player who’s out for a bloody week or one game? Nope…always seems to be 3 or 4 as a minimum! How the hell we’re in the position we are is a bloody miracle given our never ending injury list this season!

And so many of them have been season enders. I've never seen anything like it. In most other seasons, we'd be looking relegation in the face having lost:

Our only attacking midfielder
Our star young midfielder
The leader of our defence
Our third best centre back
Our best holding midfielder
Our only right back

If we finish 4th, he is the messiah.