Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3222 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Mainoo wankfest on sky sports news now, apparently he was the best player in the first game and the second game, can't say I noticed. I noticed how fickle the pundits are, it is laughable. One game and some players have played their way in or out of the Euros.

I read 500k but they now have to learn it in schools so that might be where the rest come from. I'm sure there is a big difference between being able to speak it and speaking it as a first language. Having spent years being in Northwest Wales every weekend, speak it when they want to slag off the tourists.
Anyway, they are out.

That happens a little bit in Ireland too. My wife's brother and his wife were on their honeymoon in one of the Irish speaking regions of County Donegal when they realised the some of the people in the pub were talking about them. Kathleen (the wife) has a reasonable amount of Irish and was able to work out what they were saying. It wasn't unfriendly and, if memory serves, they were sussed as being newly-weds. When they were leaving, Kathleen wished them all a very good night in Irish which turned into a nice "oops" moment.

That happens a little bit in Ireland too. My wife's brother and his wife were on their honeymoon in one of the Irish speaking regions of County Donegal when they realised the some of the people in the pub were talking about them. Kathleen (the wife) has a reasonable amount of Irish and was able to work out what they were saying. It wasn't unfriendly and, if memory serves, they were sussed as being newly-weds. When they were leaving, Kathleen wished them all a very good night in Irish which turned into a nice "oops" moment.
Yes, I can imagine. The same sort of thing happened with my German uncle when he went back to Koln once, they thought he was English until he caught them out by replying in fluent German.

Reactions: BBJ
Watched the game during a pub quiz. Impressions I got were that the defence is very dodgy. Chilwell and Dunk particularly so. The build up through midfield from the back looked ponderous and England tended to play in front of the Belgian defence. Where was Foden? I hardly noticed him.
MOTM looked like Tielemans. If only he got that sort of space playing for Villa.
As I said my view was a bit restricted but those were my impressions.

I turned on midway through the second half and I had to keep looking at the score. The way the commentators were going on it sounded like we were 5 - 0 up.

I turned on midway through the second half and I had to keep looking at the score. The way the commentators were going on it sounded like we were 5 - 0 up.
I really should want England to win but I just can't buy into this Southgate hype and this latest Mainoo nonsense, the kid is only there because he's broken into the Man U team if he played for Luton he wouldn't even make the under 21's.

Toney has done enough to make the plane for the Euro's.

According to himself. !!!
Look at it a different way, England were behind and Southgate turned to Ollie to get a result.

Why would he have substituted Toney for him if he was totally happy with Toney's performance? He could have bought Ollie on with Toney if he was chasing the game, but no, he swapped them and Ollie's work ethic and energy created the chance for us to score.

Yeah, the press may have an agenda, but we've go no idea what's in Beaky's mind.

I'd be surprised if both Toney and Ollie aren't in the Euros squad. With Wilson out injured there aren't really any other back up options for Kane. Ollies clean cut image will appeal to Beaky, more so than dick head Toney. so I think as long as he stays fit and in form he'll be on the plane

I really should want England to win but I just can't buy into this Southgate hype and this latest Mainoo nonsense, the kid is only there because he's broken into the Man U team if he played for Luton he wouldn't even make the under 21's.
I am happy for Southgate to get hyped up, it can only help his chances of becoming United manager.

Mainoo to be fair is a good player but it is a farce. JJ obviously should have made the England squad if the bar is this low but even take him away. Curtis Jones at Liverpool hasn't even had a game at Intl' level and based on the criteria, he has also been good enough to get a call-up.

Looks like a very dodgy deal for Small Heath to have a new stadium

£1.9 million from the Council who are bankrupt , and £17 million in grants to clear the site.

Birmingham City Football Club has lined up a deal to purchase land owned by Birmingham City Council, with a view to building a new stadium in the east of the city.

The former Wheels site, on Bordesley Park, is in the final stages of being sold off to an unnamed bidder, according to council documents.

The sale is due to be signed off on Thursday during a meeting of the council’s property committee.

The comments from the small queef fans have to be seen to be believed, even though they’re staring down the barrel of relegation to league 1 they seem to think they’re on the verge of overtaking the vile and becoming a world power.