Good Morning Thread | Page 892 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Hi Mutters
Lovey Dovey stuff, only 1 song I like in the batch which makes, em difficult to learn, as I virtually listen on repeat to get the song in my head.
1/ This I promise you (Ronan Fekin Keating)
2/ Kiss From a Rose (seal) 👍 nice run of chords
3/Have I told you Lately (Rod Stewart)
4/Can You feel the (fekin) Love tonite (Elton John)
5/If Tomorrow Never comes (Garth Brooks) played out.
6/ All of Me (John Legend)
They're just not songs, I usually listen to or particularly like.
However soldier on.. 😒🎶

Always makes me laugh that guitarists hate this stuff. Keys players love it.

I have an open mic list with a local female lead singer. She's amazing and I try to find hard songs for her to sing. Here's a few of them

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Yola Version
Foolish Games - Jewel (her favourite)
Alone - Heart
Winner Takes It All - Abba
Try - Pink (my favourite)
Angel - Sarah McLachlan
Glimpse of Us - Emlyn

They're not band songs, just an acoustic piano and a songstress.

The only site iI used to go on years ago was Friendreunited when I was tracing people I went to school with when I came back from years in Scotland. So got to 'reunite'/ meet up agan with a few, until then long lost friends, and a small group of us have remained close ever since.

All reminsced about our school / teachers etc no personal details Never used Fcukbook or Twatter or Thicktock ....and never will.

Cant believe the crap peeps post and so personal and crying out for scammers and nasties and sad b'stards to manipulate them....madness giving personal details out to the world!.... IMO!

Yeah given em your addresses and boast that you are off for three weeks to Spain next Tuesday .....fcukwits!

The only site iI used to go on years ago was Friendreunited when I was tracing people I went to school with when I came back from years in Scotland. So got to 'reunite'/ meet up agan with a few, until then long lost friends, and a small group of us have remained close ever since.

All reminsced about our school / teachers etc no personal details Never used Fcukbook or Twatter or Thicktock ....and never will.

Cant believe the crap peeps post and so personal and crying out for scammers and nasties and sad b'stards to manipulate them....madness giving personal details out to the world!.... IMO!

Yeah given em your addresses and boast that you are off for three weeks to Spain next Tuesday .....fcukwits!
So bloody true there Greavsie, who are the first to whinge? yep your right the twats who give/post all the crap on Social Media.

Always makes me laugh that guitarists hate this stuff. Keys players love it.

I have an open mic list with a local female lead singer. She's amazing and I try to find hard songs for her to sing. Here's a few of them

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Yola Version
Foolish Games - Jewel (her favourite)
Alone - Heart
Winner Takes It All - Abba
Try - Pink (my favourite)
Angel - Sarah McLachlan
Glimpse of Us - Emlyn

They're not band songs, just an acoustic piano and a songstress.
Hi Mutters, I don't know, all the numbers you've listed here, but love the Heart Track, and indeed a lot of Elton John's stuff is very good and I am a bit of a Billy Joel fan.
But Cheesy is, Cheesy and some of those tracks, I'm expected to play are pure Gorgonzola FFS the fekin Lion King, what are they 6???

Just thinking on your 'Key board' piano comment Mutters got me to thinking on my fave piano tracks.Or teacks containing piano.
10 Don't Stop Me Queen.
9/Sartorial Elequence. Elton John
8/ Walking In Memphis Marc Cohn
7/ Good night Sigon Billy Joel
6/ The Island Paul Brady
5/. Never let Her Slip Away Andrew Gold
4/ Last Resort The Eagles
3/"Life On Mars David Bowie
2/Souvineer OMD
1/ Eyes of Blue. Paul Carrick
As Always Subject to change

Morning all
Woke up to more rain again this morning . We spent yesterday in the garden , lovely sun shine , my wife was planting and I was weeding . Lovely day .

Then the sun went down and it turned cooler so I went in my garage to do a bit of a tidy up and discovered I had a floor in there . !
I gave that a good sweep and every thing looked so much better .

Pompey is back , 80 is back , the sun is out , summer time starts next weekend , the proper football will return , ain’t it all lovely .

Hope you all have a good day , take care and look after each other .

Just thinking on your 'Key board' piano comment Mutters got me to thinking on my fave piano tracks.Or teacks containing piano.
10 Don't Stop Me Queen.
9/Sartorial Elequence. Elton John
8/ Walking In Memphis Marc Cohn
7/ Good night Sigon Billy Joel
6/ The Island Paul Brady
5/. Never let Her Slip Away Andrew Gold
4/ Last Resort The Eagles
3/"Life On Mars David Bowie
2/Souvineer OMD
1/ Eyes of Blue. Paul Carrick
As Always Subject to change
Just keyboards in general .

Benny and the Jets .. Elton John
Woman .. John Lennon
Whiter Shade of Pale .. Procol Harem
Perfect Strangers ..Deep Purple .

I see the chancellor is trying to win back the silver-haired vote in the general election after screwing them in the budget. Promising to maintain the triple lock, especially when the inflation figures are much lower, does nothing to compensate for the increase in tax paid due to the freezing of the personal allowance.

Anyone receiving the state pension should have a personal allowance of at least £14k which is reported to be the minimum pension income a single person needs to afford a basic acceptable standard of living.

I see the chancellor is trying to win back the silver-haired vote in the general election after screwing them in the budget. Promising to maintain the triple lock, especially when the inflation figures are much lower, does nothing to compensate for the increase in tax paid due to the freezing of the personal allowance.

Anyone receiving the state pension should have a personal allowance of at least £14k which is reported to be the minimum pension income a single person needs to afford a basic acceptable standard of living.
He really has little choice the social bill now is vast since covid, they either lock down payments, and as soon as they do, the bleeding hearts are all out screaming blue murder or they find ways to raise revenue.

Afraid, the feckless and the work dodgers have found more and more ways to do nothing and still get income from the government to pay for it. Our working population has never been smaller - covid allowed social payments fraudsters and the scum bags to rip the country off, and pensioners and those in work are paying for it.

It's going to get even worse, not better.

He really has little choice the social bill now is vast since covid, they either lock down payments, and as soon as they do, the bleeding hearts are all out screaming blue murder or they find ways to raise revenue.

Afraid, the feckless and the work dodgers have found more and more ways to do nothing and still get income from the government to pay for it. Our working population has never been smaller - covid allowed social payments fraudsters and the scum bags to rip the country off, and pensioners and those in work are paying for it.

It's going to get even worse, not better.
You're right Ex, I've had challenges both physical and mental throughout my life but still managed to put in a total of 50 years in the workplace, even working 2 years beyond my official retirement date.

It won't be popular but the current clamour for compensation for the WASPI women is questionable. I clearly remember the discussion and the implementation of the process to gradually raise the pension age for women to the same as men, and also to increase the limit for all. To suggest people weren't properly informed is nonsense, it was widely publicised and I and my then wife received information from the DWP regarding both actions, I think this was as much as 20 years before implementation. I guess those that are complaining are the ones who failed to take in the information and left it too late to make necessary changes.

Last edited:
You're righ Ex, I've had challenges both physical and mental throughout my life but still managed to put in a total of 50 years in the workplace, even working 2 years beyond my official retirement date.

It won't be popular but the current clamour for compensation for the WASPI women is questionable. I clearly remember the discussion and the implementation of the process to gradually raise the pension age for women to the same as men, and also to increase to limit for all. To suggest people weren't properly informed is nonsense, it was widely publicised and I and my then wife received information from the DWP regarding both actions, I think this was as much as 20 years before implementation. I guess those that are complaining are the ones who failed to take in the information and left it too late to make necessary changes.
100% agreement there TQ.

Physical and mental challenges that is all part of life, learning etc, simple as that!

Oh and please don't get me started on the Woke and MeMeMe brigades, this country is fcuked unless summat is done bloody quickly, though I think it might be to late. Grrrr!