Here we go! | Page 1589 | Vital Football

Here we go!

Disagree… nationalism in the context of what I’m saying is to put one’s people’s first . Religion is not the poison , it’s the people who interpret it in a negative or aggressive way. Most of the messages of the New Testament are positive and as a role model Jesus did a pretty good job. I’m not a religious sort but religion is a powerful therapy of peace for many
ive never needes it for peace and millions die for its values., so obviously we are all better off without that garbage, along with sane

How come no-one is mentioning the excellent inflation news today? Interest rate cuts coming as promised.

Why risk it with Robot Reeves and Nasalarmer?

How come no-one is mentioning the excellent inflation news today? Interest rate cuts coming as promised.

Because in our outdated political system, I’ve no choice but to vote tactically and they’re the only other party likely to form a government.

because it just means prices are rising less quickly. interest rates still high. power has come down in price but is still high. plenty of people still deep in the grip of cost of living crisis.

Because we are going to do what Cameron did in 2010 and Trump in 2016; inherit an already improving economy and claim our side are the ones that fixed the problem, thus enabling the country to ride a feeling of good will that the bad government that made things bad is behind us

Because we are going to do what Cameron did in 2010 and Trump in 2016; inherit an already improving economy and claim our side are the ones that fixed the problem, thus enabling the country to ride a feeling of good will that the bad government that made things bad is behind us
Or ofcourse-it will be like Major unexpectedly hanging on.!

Or ofcourse-it will be like Major unexpectedly hanging on.!
I don't think it is for the good of your party or the country for them to hang on.

The Tory party desperately needs some time in opposition. It might not survive otherwise.

And you know full well that a Labour government doesn't provide any kind of existential threat.

Professor Nick Maynard, the former director for cancer services at Oxford University who worked at the al-Aqsa hospital in central Gaza at the beginning of the year, accused the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) of “appalling atrocities”.

“The IDF are systematically targeting healthcare facilities, healthcare personnel and really dismantling the whole healthcare system,” he said.

“It’s not just about targeting the buildings, it’s about systematically destroying the infrastructure of the hospitals. Destroying the oxygen tanks at the al-Shifa hospital, deliberately destroying the CT scanners and making it much more difficult to rebuild that infrastructure. If it was just targeting Hamas militants, why are they deliberately destroying the infrastructure of these institutions?”
The IDF are a fucking stain on humanity and whoever is giving these orders should be put to death.

That new Owen Jones video about the lies of Starmer is very damning.
The guy is as much of a liar as Boris Johnson, and if you watch the video and then deny it that's pure, outright hypocrisy.

The one that gets me is the story he told about his mother's deathbed wish for him not to try and privatise NHS services.

Even that insipid horrible **** Margaret Hodge pretty much comes out and talks about the fact that he's a liar.

The guy is as much of a liar as Boris Johnson, and if you watch the video and then deny it that's pure, outright hypocrisy.

The one that gets me is the story he told about his mother's deathbed wish for him not to try and privatise NHS services.

Even that insipid horrible **** Margaret Hodge pretty much comes out and talks about the fact that he's a liar.
To be honest I don’t particularly have much time for Starmer but at the moment the priority has to be getting rid of the Tories before they completely ruin the country beyond any prospect of repair.

To be honest I don’t particularly have much time for Starmer but at the moment the priority has to be getting rid of the Tories before they completely ruin the country beyond any prospect of repair.
The point of the video is that giving Labour a massive majority is a problem, so those on the left should vote elsewhere to temper the amount of power they have once in power.

Jones claims, and I agree, that the tories are gone, done. Zero chance of ending up in power. No-one has ever polled this badly and won.

I'm still probably voting Labour due to lack of serious alternatives, but its definitely worth thinking about.

Last edited:
The point of the video is that giving Labour a massive majority is a problem, so those on the left should vote elsewhere to temper the amount of power they have once in power.

Jones claims, and I agree, that the tories are gone, done. Zero chance of ending up in power. No-one has ever polled this badly and won.

I'm still probably voting Labour due to lack of serious alternatives, but its definitely worth thinking about.
I honestly don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that the tories are gone.
We are far more forgiving of Tory mistakes than we are Labour.
Couple of bad stories in the press, for Labour, a slight bounce in the economy by the autumn, who knows?
I mean the tories are still polling at around 20%. Now on the face of it that seems awful, but given the absolute shit state of everything I thinks it’s amazing that still one in five will vote for them.
I wouldn’t write them off just yet.

Well at least he sussed Nasalarmer and Robot Reeve out

You simply cannot trust Labour

I see the WASPI women have won 🙄

A ludicrous discrimination, that allowed women to retire five years earlier than men for absolutely no reason, finally ended decades after it should have been and with a decades notice.

And apparently we owe these women compensation, which when I last read up on this could be in the region of £50b.

So I, who won't get to retire until I'm 70+ despite the pension age being 65 when I started working, plus my daughter, will have to pay billions to the already wealthiest generation of women who have ever walked this planet.

I feel sick watching them crack the bubbly out knowing that it's the Xers and Millennials yet again having to foot the bill.

My mother is one of these and when you explain to her why you don't think her grandchildren should pay all their lives for her to have an extra few grand she doesn't need, she looks at you like you are speaking a foreign language

It's fair to say that not one of these women is going to be out campaigning to get me my pension before 70

I see the WASPI women have won 🙄

A ludicrous discrimination, that allowed women to retire five years earlier than men for absolutely no reason, finally ended decades after it should have been and with a decades notice.

And apparently we owe these women compensation, which when I last read up on this could be in the region of £50b.

So I, who won't get to retire until I'm 70+ despite the pension age being 65 when I started working, plus my daughter, will have to pay billions to the already wealthiest generation of women who have ever walked this planet.

I feel sick watching them crack the bubbly out knowing that it's the Xers and Millennials yet again having to foot the bill.

My mother is one of these and when you explain to her why you don't think her grandchildren should pay all their lives for her to have an extra few grand she doesn't need, she looks at you like you are speaking a foreign language

It's fair to say that not one of these women is going to be out campaigning to get me my pension before 70
But work is good for you?