FFP charges? | Page 116 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

Not much sympathy floating round for Forest amongst other fans. Not surprising as most just enjoy seeing a rival slapped. I honestly don't think most of the commenters realise we quite probably had lower losses than their own club. Particularly galling is to read people say that we had higher losses than Everton. We didn't, we had lower thresholds than Everton. We lost around £27mill less than Everton.

Presumably the loan fee - £10m - is already accrued, and the IC stated the remainder (IF Lyon take up the option, they're not obligated in doing so) is only £15m.
Had a look at his record there, and whilst he had a few minutes in a 5 game stretch, he's been out of the team over their last two matches.
A report i read was a bit vague as to his absence. Maybe its injury related...but, maybe, the club just don't think he's good enough.

Its been suggested this seasons debt is between 12-17m, and presumably that would only increase.

In short, another sale is required even if Mangala is sold.
I thought it as £10m loan plus £25m if sold. Total £35m.
Scarpa £4m
Worrall loan plus possible sale.

Agree we need to sell more but at lower level suggested.

We need to get some returns on likes of Laryea, Bowler, Hwang, Vach, etc

We need to send back likes of Origi, Monteil, Tavares.

Not much sympathy floating round for Forest amongst other fans. Not surprising as most just enjoy seeing a rival slapped. I honestly don't think most of the commenters realise we quite probably had lower losses than their own club. Particularly galling is to read people say that we had higher losses than Everton. We didn't, we had lower thresholds than Everton. We lost around £27mill less than Everton.
Everton have pulled all the stops out to peddle a line. They have fed the media certain information from the likes of old stars, MP’s ex CEO ‘s etc. we have chosen to keep stumbling. Is this the best policy or should we release some of our networks with info like stated above.

We benefitted from being helpful and that strategy. If we appeal, and chose not to withdraw appeal post Everton findings then maybe an attack strategy is required. Many clubs are going to find it very painful to abide with present rules. Ipswich, if promoted can spend very little. Luton if remaining likewise. Leics almost certainly under a points reduction. Some sympathy and pressure on PL May be forthcoming.

I thought it as £10m loan plus £25m if sold. Total £35m.
Scarpa £4m
Worrall loan plus possible sale.

Agree we need to sell more but at lower level suggested.

We need to get some returns on likes of Laryea, Bowler, Hwang, Vach, etc

We need to send back likes of Origi, Monteil, Tavares.
According to the ever reliable Transfermkt (that the IC made use of!) its about 15m in the option to buy:

FURTHER INFORMATION
The purchase option amounts to 17.5 million euros, as well as a maximum bonus of 3.5 million euros and a profit share of 10% of the capital gain in the event of a resale.

Sorry, and confirmed within the report:

12.92 Forest claimed that it is taking active steps to improve its financial position to comply with the
PSR in the current reporting period. This includes the sale of Gustavo Scarpa to Atlético
Mineiro for EUR 5m and the loan of Orel Mangala to Olympique Lyonnais for a £10m loan fee
(and an option to purchase for £15m). It has derived substantial profits, and wage savings, from
its activities in the January 2024 transfer window. Currently, it is projecting to realise losses of
approximately £12-17m for the year ending 30 June 2024.

Not making many friends are we? Having previously called out the refereeing body we have now said we think the League itself is bent. Don't know where this is going to end to be honest. The media will be all over this by tomorrow morning and we will be public enemy number one. For what it's worth though I agree with every fucking word.
Who needs friends like that?

I’m surprised anyone would think there would be.
We intentionally, wilfully and arrogantly broke the rules. In doing so we gave ourselves an unfair advantage in a Jan Transfer window that are rivals could only dream of.
And in doing so probably saved ourselves from relegation and condemned another law abiding team to it.
4 points is nothing, from a moral point of view the right punishment would be to relegate us.
As it happens I’m sure it will anyway.

We intentionally, wilfully and arrogantly broke the rules. In doing so we gave ourselves an unfair advantage in a Jan Transfer window that are rivals could only dream of.
And in doing so probably saved ourselves from relegation and condemned another law abiding team to it.
4 points is nothing, from a moral point of view the right punishment would be to relegate us.
Plus, who gives a shit what other fans think; as a fanbase i think we're far too easily triggered by what others say...its a bit weak-minded, IMO.

Cornish I'm not sure an immediate relegation is one of the sanctions permitted by the rules, is it? If that's right then there is no scope for a relegation, just fine and points deduction. If there is an insolvency that might be different, I don't know

Cornish I'm not sure an immediate relegation is one of the sanctions permitted by the rules, is it? If that's right then there is no scope for a relegation, just fine and points deduction. If there is an insolvency that might be different, I don't know
No it isn’t , I was just making the point that if we’ve unfairly taken someone’s relegation place as it were, then morally we couldn’t argue if the corresponding ‘punishment’ was relegation.

I've slept on it, and I just can't see where the points to survive are going to come from. I hope I'm wrong, but it feels like relegation. If they release a video of them laughing and joking again, I'll honestly cry. There appears to be no real desire to win. I said a couple of weeks ago that there's so little demand of each other. There's no battle. I feel sorry for Nuno as he's been dealt a hand to play at the wrong time, they left it too long with Cooper, and should have either stuck with him, or sacked him 10 games earlier, because taking over at Afcon with a point deduction looming almost feels untenable, and he doesn't strike me as a manager that works on inspiring but rather skill and game plan, and this squad needs someone to put their arms around them.

I think we will have to let them know we have their backs and drag them over the line. 5 wins are needed in my opinion.
So far Luton are averaging 0.75 point per game. over a 38 game season that gives them 29 points.
Their next 3 games are Arsenal, Spurs & Man City away. They will struggle to get to 30 points - that means we need 9 more points,
3 wins and a draw should do it - 4 wins definitely will.
Have confidence - we shouldn't be in this position - but we are and we will survive.

indeed.

After last season's debacle, and distance to the magical £83m debt, then perhaps Murillo will be sold under a figure the fanbase (and more importantly, the club) deem acceptable...say 30/35m.
I cannot see how we are even close to breaching it this FY, with Mangala, Johnson, Surridge, Scarpa sales all in the books. Next season the rules will have changed.

We also have Aurier, McKenna and several other wages and loan fees accounted for in January

I cannot see how we are even close to breaching it this FY, with Mangala, Johnson, Surridge, Scarpa sales all in the books. Next season the rules will have changed.

We also have Aurier, McKenna and several other wages and loan fees accounted for in January
Forest have projected their losses around the 12-17m mark.

Couple that to the existing 96m loss for season 2022-2023, they estimate our debt to stand at, minimum, 108m.

Given our allowable debt, for the 3-year cycle, is 83m, we're (at best) 25m away.

Presumably Forest havent forgotten all of the transfers you flag, then we are definitely going to breach 2023/2024 without a big sale prior to 30 June.

No it isn’t one of the punishments

So to invent a punishment that is likely to hurt the team you claim to support does seem a bit bizarre to me

Fuck em, let’s just get enough points to stay up and move on

Forest have projected their losses around the 12-17m mark.

Couple that to the existing 96m loss for season 2022-2023, they estimate our debt to stand at, minimum, 108m.

Given our allowable debt, for the 3-year cycle, is 83m, we're (at best) 25m away.

Presumably Forest havent forgotten all of the transfers you flag, then we are definitely going to breach 2023/2024 without a big sale prior to 30 June.
Got it. Will the PL be standing in judgement of these rules for this season when they will change this summer? Will they penalise Leicester on promotion when the rules will now be obsolete?

We weren't able to sell enough before 30th June this year?

We didn't even get a proper offer?
Reality is that we didn't try to - we didn't think we needed to.
We appear to have been misled in regard to our COVID & Promotion Bonus exemptions. This is £30m that suddenly had to be accounted for, which we thought was exempt - even Keiron Maguire assumed/thought this to be true.
This £30m is actually more important than the selling of BJ as this would have bought us near to the threshold, without selling BJ.
If you remember the BJ money was to be used for financing this summers spend on Sangare, Murillo etc.
When the EPL informed us that we had to include the COVID/promotion bonus's in our accounts - that is what has f**ked us up - and will probably do so this year as well.

If we are relegated it is more than likely that we will be replaced by the biggest cheating bunch of bastards in recent times. Leicester City, who effectively built their new stadium completely off the backs of the businesses that didn't get paid when they quite deliberately went into administration. Will that make you feel any better about the team you claim to support?

Reality is that we didn't try to - we didn't think we needed to.
We appear to have been misled in regard to our COVID & Promotion Bonus exemptions. This is £30m that suddenly had to be accounted for, which we thought was exempt - even Keiron Maguire assumed/thought this to be true.
This £30m is actually more important than the selling of BJ as this would have bought us near to the threshold, without selling BJ.
If you remember the BJ money was to be used for financing this summers spend on Sangare, Murillo etc.
When the EPL informed us that we had to include the COVID/promotion bonus's in our accounts - that is what has f**ked us up - and will probably do so this year as well.
Where have you seen that we were misled on those issues?