Who would you keep from this rabble?? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Who would you keep from this rabble??

Excluding youngsters like Orji, McArthur, Gbode etc, who we need to develop and this is not considering contracts… I’d want to keep:

Turner
Hutton
Ogie
Masterson
Coleman

And possibly Morris and Ehmer.

Jury’s out on

J Williams (clearly quality but not done enough so far but has time)
Dieng (as above)
Andrews (can’t judge until we actually see him)

The rest I’m either not fussed about keeping but they could do a job (Lapslie, Hawkins, Jefferies etc) and at worst just need to move on (Nadesan, S Williams etc)

All in, we need a massive rebuild and the owners need to learn lessons from two awful transfer windows (and that may mean replacing Jackett and Hess and ensuring Scally is isolated further from anything to do with the football side).

💯

Hutton has been one outstanding performer. I think the problem is that in the short time since signing he’s had a fight with a team ‘mate’ and posted a stupid video.
Those with exceptional talent in their field often are flawed in other ways...

My take on the signings over the past year or so is that everyone has come into the team and looked good, quality even, but then they have slowly gone backwards and then mostly been out played by the opposition players in games.
Lowest scorers for years now. Boring football and lack of desire and fight. Something seems wrong from inside the club because I can't put my finger on why our players who at first look like they are a level above end up looking like league 2 also rans.

My take on the signings over the past year or so is that everyone has come into the team and looked good, quality even, but then they have slowly gone backwards and then mostly been out played by the opposition players in games.
Lowest scorers for years now. Boring football and lack of desire and fight. Something seems wrong from inside the club because I can't put my finger on why our players who at first look like they are a level above end up looking like league 2 also rans.
That really is a bit odd because apart from the first few games this season when we were top, we have largely occupied almost exactly the same league position. Somewhere between 7th and 10th.

We have been quite consistent in being inconsistent. Win or battling draw one week with fulsome praise, then defeat or lacklustre draw the next week, with much condemnation.

As a team, we have not been going backwards like, say, Notts County. We have 11 more points than the Swine. I seem to remember us having 6 straight defeats under Evans which was more consistent but obviously not better.

Last edited:
That really is a bit odd because apart from the first few games this season when we were top, we have largely occupied almost exactly the same league position. Somewhere between 7th and 9th.

We have been quite consistent in being inconsistent. Win or battling draw one week with fulsome praise, then defeat or lacklustre draw the next week, with much condemnation.
8th?

💯

Hutton has been one outstanding performer. I think the problem is that in the short time since signing he’s had a fight with a team ‘mate’ and posted a stupid video.

Yes definetly but we dont know who was more to blame on that one or 50/50. To be fair people say they want passion and a fight is pretty much the epitomy of that lol in all seriosness though if Clemence did nip it in the bud as he said then good for him.

Its his and Stockdales job to know if it was for all the wrong reasons or if passions got to high for admirable but misguided reasons.

Enough to know he's the sort of player who would improve our team. He's vocal, has captained Stanley, leads by example and is productive - I agree. Still only 27. Think I read he has around 10 goal involvements for them this year. Injuries are a concern, but he's better than Dieng/Jefferies for me and would be available for nothing.

I'm all for mix of opinions, but I can't fathom how anyone doesn't see what he brings the team. He's night and day better than our other options.
His character? That's for the coaching staff to evaluate and manage. I care about what he's doing on the pitch and if he's not a problem to the dressing room, carry on.

I know a few people said they didn't like his actions at Barrow. Me? Personally, I'm glad someone looked hacked off at our efforts. He wouldn't have done that if he didn't care about winning. We need more people with that fire, not fewer.

Yeh I agree. We dont know who was more to blame if either player. as you say thats for the management team to sort out.

Hutton is excellent and when people say our recruitment has been bad im not sure I totally agree. Im not wedded to Jackett but id say outside of Walker and Bonne (though im not sure if that was just unfortunate rather than not good enough) who they have signed that has been really crap. Johnny Williams argubly has not hit the heights but im not sure its fair to say hes been bads either. And you could argue that Andrews being injured was a risk though im convinced he will be a good signing. We could have done with Bonne now though so not sure how I feel.

Remember as well last janaury we were using an agent to help us because it was all so rushed so im judging the recruitment team on the summer and January.

That really is a bit odd because apart from the first few games this season when we were top, we have largely occupied almost exactly the same league position. Somewhere between 7th and 10th.

As a team, we have not been going backwards like, say, Notts County. We have 11 more points than the Swine. I seem to remember us having 6 straight defeats under Evans which was more consistent but obviously not better.
Players individually I'm talking about. Nadesan, Nichols, Malone, Mahoney, Dieng, Lapslie, etc. They all arrived and started off brightly and now look shot. I know Nichols is no longer here.
Hutton the latest player who looked like he was going to star and make a shed load of chances for others now looks less dangerous than he did when he first joined.
Something is wrong. I have no doubt that we will sign 4-5 more players in the summer who will go the same way