The Official Tranmere Rovers Match Thread (Sponsored by Something Vaguely Amusing "for all your lack of imagination needs") | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Official Tranmere Rovers Match Thread (Sponsored by Something Vaguely Amusing "for all your lack of imagination needs")

Walker shows glimpses. So far he has reminded me of the new kid who isn't quite playing the same game as his new team mates. Not sure he's going to get the time and patience to show what he's about here though.

Not sure if I'm just so utterly starved of entertainment that I'll respond to anything, but second half yesterday I was on the edge of my seat, jumping out of it at any opportunity, like a knackered jack-in-the-box. That's what I pay my money for, I left the ground feeling like I'd been entertained. It's all I ask for

Clemence must surely be starting the next game with the XI from the second half?

Nadesan runs and that's all he can do. Get Burton in and playing, Mahoney and Hutton linking up together regularly could be exciting, if nothing else.

I don't think the play offs are sustainable with this 5-3-2 Christmas tree bollocks. If Ehmer or Ogie makes way for Lapslie to come into the team, so be it. We need goals, God damnit 🙏

Clemence must surely be starting the next game with the XI from the second half?

Nadesan runs and that's all he can do. Get Burton in and playing, Mahoney and Hutton linking up together regularly could be exciting, if nothing else.

I don't think the play offs are sustainable with this 5-3-2 Christmas tree bollocks. If Ehmer or Ogie makes way for Lapslie to come into the team, so be it. We need goals, God damnit 🙏
Agree with that for Grimsby.

At AFCW I suspect it will be five at the back. Probably the same team - although starting Nads again would show just how weak our options are.

I’m sure Clemence twigged by half time Nads just not at the races,

I think Walker should be starting now. Both haven’t scored much or look likely. But in the first few games Walker played he did show a lot of industry, pressing and tracking back. Plenty of energy. Even that helping out the midfield should release one of the more creative mids to get forward more.

Agree with mark, away from home keep the 5-3-2.

Imho it doesn't much matter what formation you set up to play if the players aren't up to it.

I'm just glad I wasn't there yesterday. And I'm regretting having already bought my ticket for the Harrogate match. Even though their ground is local to me, I suspect I might have some urgent rose pruning to do.

Imho it doesn't much matter what formation you set up to play if the players aren't up to it.

I'm just glad I wasn't there yesterday. And I'm regretting having already bought my ticket for the Harrogate match. Even though their ground is local to me, I suspect I might have some urgent rose pruning to do.
Well you say you're glad you wasn't there yesterday; I don't know why, you missed one of the best 45 minutes of the season, totally dominant 2nd half performance, all one way traffic as an earlier poster on here said, we were on the edge of our seats all the time. Unfortunately being Gills we only scored one out of 26 shots on goal. Equally the first half was one of the worst performances of the season, but that was because Mahoney wasn't on the pitch and Nadesen, who was awful was.

Suppose it depends what you mean by "aren`t up to it".

Personally, I believe that they are trying, as in, want to win and making an effort, but I also believe that a small number of key players are simply not up to it - in terms of calibre.

If certain guys aren`t quite skilled enough to do the job required they`re certainly going to be found out over 46 competitive games. But, I wouldn`t criticise the player under those circumstances - provided they`re making the effort.

Whilst I haven`t seen, in person, every single game this season, i`ve seen more than enough games to be pretty happy that we are trying to win. There may be times when a player or players have "off-day/s" and phases when a player might become a tad diffident. But, in general, if a player isn`t quite skilled enough, and tries, is that a player problem or a management problem ? Coaches can improve players, but does that extend to any player under any circumstance ?

I`m confident you`ll see a good effort from our boys at Harrogate. If all else fails, the many birds of prey that circle low above the pitch are worth the admittance money !

Suppose it depends what you mean by "aren`t up to it".

Personally, I believe that they are trying, as in, want to win and making an effort, but I also believe that a small number of key players are simply not up to it - in terms of calibre.

If certain guys aren`t quite skilled enough to do the job required they`re certainly going to be found out over 46 competitive games. But, I wouldn`t criticise the player under those circumstances - provided they`re making the effort.

Whilst I haven`t seen, in person, every single game this season, i`ve seen more than enough games to be pretty happy that we are trying to win. There may be times when a player or players have "off-day/s" and phases when a player might become a tad diffident. But, in general, if a player isn`t quite skilled enough, and tries, is that a player problem or a management problem ? Coaches can improve players, but does that extend to any player under any circumstance ?

I`m confident you`ll see a good effort from our boys at Harrogate. If all else fails, the many birds of prey that circle low above the pitch are worth the admittance money !
I can watch the Red Kites from my garden 🦅 (nearest emoji I can find). However it may be my imagination but there don't seem to be as many this year 🤷.

By "not up to it" I mean both in ability and will. I obviously wasn't there yesterday, but I've seen and heard enough lacklustre performances to wonder why there often seems to be an intermittent sluggishness throughout the whole team. 2nd to every ball, not trying to find space at throw ins etc. etc. Which suddenly disappears every so often. If you can work that out then you're a better man than I. I have theories naturally, but as I'm not behind the scenes at the club, they remain educated guesses like most of us.

Late to this as I was out and about yesterday.

I'll stick to player ratings as detail on everything else has been well reported.

Morris did all that was expected of him without having much to do {6}

Hutton wasn't as bad as most in the first half and did well in the second. His crosses just cry out for better finishing. {7}

Clark, free kick aside, had a poor first half leaving the right winger unmarked too many times. Improved in the second half {6} overall.

Masterson, Ogie and Ehmer all did ok for most of the 90+ minutes {6} each.

It's not his fault as it's the role he's given but with 3 centre backs Coleman shouldn't be required at home. {6}

J.Williams still doesn't produce enough for me {5} but he was better than Dieng {5} , but only just.

Hawkins did ok but needs a strike partner. {5}.

Nadesan {3} , shocking - again!

Subs:

Walker {4} It says it all when Nadesan and Lapslie are preferred up front.

Lapslie - not good enough {5}

Mahoney - shotshy but really made things happen in the second half. {7 and my MotM}.

Malone didn't have time to get involved {5}