Luton Town Vs the Mighty Aston Villa Match Thread 2nd March 17.30 hrs K.O | Page 29 | Vital Football

Luton Town Vs the Mighty Aston Villa Match Thread 2nd March 17.30 hrs K.O

What a shocker of a post - you should be bloody elated - Luton are no mugs - superb win and everyone played their part
Bit harsh, Luton were down to the bare bones and lost a player in the first 10mins. Luton play on heart, but there’s a reason they are in the bottom 3 - they lose a lot of games, admittedly narrowly, but they’ve got way less than a point a game. The rest of @Silhillvilla post was an opinion that the new kids didn’t take their chance (yet). This run in is going to get tougher and more sphincter twitching and we had to beat Luton and we made it very difficult second half.

Bit harsh, Luton were down to the bare bones and lost a player in the first 10mins. Luton play on heart, but there’s a reason they are in the bottom 3 - they lose a lot of games, admittedly narrowly, but they’ve got way less than a point a game. The rest of @Silhillvilla post was an opinion that the new kids didn’t take their chance (yet). This run in is going to get tougher and more sphincter twitching and we had to beat Luton and we made it very difficult second half.
We lost control of the game completely.

I think so too, it seems more sustainable for us to maintain 2ppg but the set piece problem is a real issue. Its not an overblown or overemphasized issue. We conceded two today, gave up a free header at the end which could have resulted in a late draw and only for a McGinn push there was another big chance missed there too.

United got a goal out of it, Newcastle exploited it too and we'll see Arsenal and Brentford really go for that problem area as well.
I’m with you on our defending from set plays. It’s been bloody awful tbh but as long as we’re scoring at the other end it’s not an issue I guess. I watch Man Utd and Spurs to some extent putting in bang average performances several times this season yet somehow winning. I think since Christmas that’s not happened with us. Some poor defending for sure but we’ve played pretty well in winning all of them (other than second half tonight) and even in losing to United.

When Flange Postacoglough looks at the Villa v Luton game he will know they will have to come at Villa from the get go and go down the wings and pressure us from the off.

In Emery we trust to sort them out.

Just to add…our record before today when Mr Oliver officiates Villa games.
Games…31
Won 8
Drawn 6
Lost 17

He desperately tried to make it 18 didn’t he. Awful performance. Said before the game, we get absolutely nothing from him in our favour every bloody game he refs us. Today was no exception. The best we’ve got? Fuck me the bar is so low it’s virtually touching the floor!
Don’t often malign refs, but this one was a homer. I actually swore at the phone a few times today, especially Dougie’s card - not even a foul imho.

When Flange Postacoglough looks at the Villa v Luton game he will know they will have to come at Villa from the get go and go down the wings and pressure us from the off.

In Emery we trust to sort them out.
Looks like Ramsey might be out again so we really need to sort that left side out .

Fair play to Rob Edwards with his after match interview.
Yep gave full credit to us didn’t he for our first half display. He’s done a cracking job there….much better than Vincent Kompany this season not as though you’d know it listening to the media love in with the ex Man City darling!

of course he can have his opinion - he is bloody hard to please that’s for sure - I’m just milking the last minute winner after blowing a two goal lead - fabulous - keep it coming

Credit to Luton for the comeback but made hard work of it for second week running. Defence isnt right and both Ajax and Spurs will cause us big problems.Ramsey injured yet again....
Still late winners is what we used to give away....

Digne needs to come in for his better defensive ability. We lose a bit going forward but so be it. For some reason Moreno was miles from their LW and allowed him to get up to speed. Unai will sort it.
Sorry but what did Moreno do going forward today ?