Luton Town Vs the Mighty Aston Villa Match Thread 2nd March 17.30 hrs K.O | Vital Football

Luton Town Vs the Mighty Aston Villa Match Thread 2nd March 17.30 hrs K.O

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Time to make hay while the sun shines.

I'm not expecting them to make this one easy for us and we don't look that solid at the back so it should be a high scoring game. We need to make our quality count and make sure we score more than them.

Certainly a more difficult game than Forest at home .

I really like Rob Edwards. Been massively impressed with him getting that team competitive where they are and the way he conducts himself.

If he goes elsewhere and moves up a level in terms of that club and does well again I’d be saying that I wouldn’t mind him being at VP in the future.

I really like Rob Edwards.

So does my missus. I had to dig out a picture of him in that 2002 Rover top to put her off.

Completely agree though, I saw him talking pre the Man Utd game and he seems like an English management talent for once. As you say, his conduct and how he articulates himself. I love the way they came into the league and played quite defensively, but they’ve now thought f##k this, and have decided attack is the best form of defence. That’s a big call for a club like Luton, but it’s paying off as we all thought they’d be where Sheffield United are.

In other news, I’ve managed to get a ticket. Except I’m having to be with the enemy so if I don’t get out alive it was nice knowing you all.

So does my missus. I had to dig out a picture of him in that 2002 Rover top to put her off.

Completely agree though, I saw him talking pre the Man Utd game and he seems like an English management talent for once. As you say, his conduct and how he articulates himself. I love the way they came into the league and played quite defensively, but they’ve now thought f##k this, and have decided attack is the best form of defence. That’s a big call for a club like Luton, but it’s paying off as we all thought they’d be where Sheffield United are.

In other news, I’ve managed to get a ticket. Except I’m having to be with the enemy so if I don’t get out alive it was nice knowing you all.
Desperate Dan?

Certainly a more difficult game than Forest at home .

I really like Rob Edwards. Been massively impressed with him getting that team competitive where they are and the way he conducts himself.

If he goes elsewhere and moves up a level in terms of that club and does well again I’d be saying that I wouldn’t mind him being at VP in the future.
Yes done a very good job at Luton and they’ve been head and shoulders above Sheff Utd and Burnley. You can just imagine the fuss that would currently be made of Kompany if Burnley had performed like Luton have!
Could certainly see him back at Wolves once Gary O’Neill sees the light and departs for a big club like West Ham when Moyes goes on his way in the summer…..! :grinning:

I really hope Ross Barkley doesn't pull out an attacking masterclass against us.
Yet again first goal will be all important. If we get it nice and early and quieten the crowd then we should win this. 9 points since the disappointment of the United game would be superb.

Another must-win to setup a big showdown with Spurs at VP. We've recovered well after that little blip with Newcastle and United. I no longer think our season hinges on short time horizons like the next 4 games (2 lge. 2 europe) but positive results in all sets us up to steamroll our way thru the rest of the season with a trophy and CL football. What a season that would be.

Something is happening at our dear old club, so grateful to see it.

I really hope Ross Barkley doesn't pull out an attacking masterclass against us.
Yet again first goal will be all important. If we get it nice and early and quieten the crowd then we should win this. 9 points since the disappointment of the United game would be superb.
McGinn alert.

3 and a half days since a comment....

I hope the players haven't taken their eye off this game as much as the fans have since that Euro draw.
They probably go to bed dreaming of Unai tearing into them about being too complacent.

bring me sunshine , bring me smiles .
--------- Martinez------------
Cash Konsa Torres Moreno
---- McGinn -- Luiz ---------
Ramsey ------------- Tielemans
--- Bailey ----- Watkins ------

3 and a half days since a comment....

I hope the players haven't taken their eye off this game as much as the fans have since that Euro draw.
That was my thoughts exactly and it probably is in the minds of the players that this is only Luton and they have a big game at Ajax but I know which one will be more difficult

Given the seemingly precarious financial position, reaching the Champions League is starting to feel like a necessity