Luton Town Vs the Mighty Aston Villa Match Thread 2nd March 17.30 hrs K.O | Page 4 | Vital Football

Luton Town Vs the Mighty Aston Villa Match Thread 2nd March 17.30 hrs K.O

Christ what have people been drinking this week. Talk about miserable.

My cousins other half is a Luton ST holder and is very pragmatic about the season . This season alone is huge for their very existence . Going to secure their new ground and future . Staying up would be even bigger.

Good luck to them and Rob Edwards , who is doing himself a lot of good for a future bigger job. Doing things the right way in terms of apprenticeship , unlike Stevie G who was bizarrely overly hyped when he joined us considering his previous …errr….one job.

Last edited:
My big Luton supporting mate reckons they’ve got a huge injury list and only 8 first teamers.

I reckon Bailey will be the key in this one, I can see him unlocking their tight defence.

Now I'm not suggesting for a minute that I think this is the way to go, but Carlos is allegedly fit, so we could go: -

..........................Martinez..........................
Cash......Carlos......Lenglet......Moreno
................Luiz........Iroegbunam..............
Diaby...........McGinn..............Ramsey
..........................Watkins............................

Which doesn't look like a disaster either. It just goes to show how far we've come in a few years and why we have managed the injury crisis better than some other teams.
Carlos isn't fit.

Luton also have serious injury issues, we should be winning this anyway but even moreso now.

edit: I will admit Ogbene getting a run at Chambers is the stuff of nightmares.

Luton have conceded 19 goals in their last 5 games. Now most of those games were against top half teams, but even Sheffield Utd put 3 past them recently.
You can never guarantee a win in the PL, but if we turn up with the right attitude and energy levels we should come away with the 3 points.

My big Luton supporting mate reckons they’ve got a huge injury list and only 8 first teamers.

I reckon Bailey will be the key in this one, I can see him unlocking their tight defence.
I'm betting he's subbed after an hour for DRB, do you wanna bet against me

So Ian Wright met you? Lucky bleeder 🤣🤣
Yep were were on either side of one of those revolving postcard racks and as it turned there he was, and he went oh hello! West Ham we off on an end-of-season tour or something and I was off to Munich.
I was shocked he was shorter than me, I was gutted when he never asked for my autograph.

i used to work near Luton. I've spent too long in and around that hellhole. In fact the best thing to come out of Luton (other than the M1) is the TV show 24 Hours in Police Custody, which again is a very accurate portrayal of life in Luton.

i used to work near Luton. I've spent too long in and around that hellhole. In fact the best thing to come out of Luton (other than the M1) is the TV show 24 Hours in Police Custody, which again is a very accurate portrayal of life in Luton.
I remember a documentary by Stacey Dooley as well. It does come across as a Horrible shite hole.
The Sooner the football club disappear back down the better unless they get a PL standard ground that is

Indeed fair play to Pep. It has been posted that we were basically whinging about the lack of Villa coverage. Well this kinda sums our point up.

Last edited: