"Bolton get battered" matchday thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

"Bolton get battered" matchday thread

Evatt is a moaning 2hat
Deluded fucker we are a big scalp and way wigan fans celebrated at the end proved that
Wrong we celebrated beating bolton because of the joy of beating this shower
And the bragging rights belong to us
And love to to see the bolton fans going home crying yet again
Up the tics and fuck bolton no marks

Evatt is an overweight moaning coward that tried to bully a young lad.

There are a fair few people I don't like in football but he is one that I genuinely despise. History of sexist comments, lewd videos to female journalists whilst he's a wife and kids at home and believed to be the centre of a gambling scandal.

Heard from one of their fans that Bolton's accounts last year apparently show that he had to be lent £100,000 so looks like he is just as bad at managing his money as his club.

Does nothing to help himself, latest comments around the game are classless. The truth of it is that they controlled the game for periods but did nothing with the possession and couldn't score. We had a gameplan and stuck to it and it worked.

We live rent free in his head, bet he wakes up at night having cold sweats following nightmares about Humphs.

Evatt comments:

''one team trying to win and one team trying to survive''.

“It was the best we have played for a long time, to be honest,
and I am baffled as to how we lost the game,"

“But there isn’t a man inside the stadium that can honestly say we didn’t deserve to win that game.”

"It is hard when teams are sitting 11 men behind the ball,
it's really tough," added Evatt. "

“It shows with the level of celebrations, because we are a big scalp, and they know they got away with one."

“I can understand disappointment in the result, but every time we have played against Wigan we haven’t performed,"

"We haven’t got the result again, and I will be the first to appologise to the fans.
But this is the first time we have completely dominated them.”

But, Mr 'Know it All' Evatt, we have beaten you twice this Season.

There are a fair few people I don't like in football but he is one that I genuinely despise. History of sexist comments, lewd videos to female journalists whilst he's a wife and kids at home and believed to be the centre of a gambling scandal.

Heard from one of their fans that Bolton's accounts last year apparently show that he had to be lent £100,000 so looks like he is just as bad at managing his money as his club.

Does nothing to help himself, latest comments around the game are classless. The truth of it is that they controlled the game for periods but did nothing with the possession and couldn't score. We had a gameplan and stuck to it and it worked.

We live rent free in his head, bet he wakes up at night having cold sweats following nightmares about Humphs.
Hope he offers big money for Humphs. He can go for me

Hope he offers big money for Humphs.

Evatt is a moaning 2hat
Deluded fucker we are a big scalp and way wigan fans celebrated at the end proved that
Wrong we celebrated beating bolton because of the joy of beating this shower
And the bragging rights belong to us
And love to to see the bolton fans going home crying yet again
Up the tics and fuck bolton no marks
Agreed can we play the shower of shit every week 😀

Evatt comments again:

Players and staff from both clubs clashed after the final whistle when some
over-zealous celebrations from Martial Godo in front of the away end brought about a reaction.

Evatt added:
“We won’t accept one of their players celebrating in front of our supporters.

“Go and celebrate with your own fans, no issue with that, but not ours.

“You certainly shouldn’t be celebrating when you are mid-table,
that’s what I think.

I don't think Evatt likes us, well 'tough titty'.

Evatt comments:

“But there isn’t a man inside the stadium that can honestly say we didn’t deserve to win that game.”

“It shows with the level of celebrations, because we are a big scalp, and they know they got away with one."

“I can understand disappointment in the result, but every time we have played against Wigan we haven’t performed,"

"We haven’t got the result again, and I will be the first to appologise to the fans.

'It's the best we played in some time, we dominated and everyone could see we should've won.

Also I apologise to the fans that we never perform against Wigan.'

Which is it? He needs to get his story straight.

Anyone who's watched any amount of football knows that that posession or playing well doesn't automatically entitle you a win - it's down to goals.

He moaned about us outspending them a couple of years ago, which was certainly the case. But now they are the bigger spenders (the 3 strikers they used in the first half was apparently worth about 1.5m alone, while we are virtually all frees and loans these days), he's moaning about our succesful tactics to nullify their advantage. No opposition is going to willingly play you at your own game and play to your strengths at their own detriment. If you can't break them down that's your own fault and it's laughable to critasise the opposition for not giving you an easy time.

Last edited:
Ian Evatt bouncing around the pitch chasing after a 20 year old loanee from London in his best suit bought specially from Next for this game has to go down as one of the funniest/surreal things I've ever seen at the DW. We'll be talking about last night for years to come. He was absolutely steaming! I'm proud of Godo and his post match actions, again a huge example of the importance of this fixture being immediately drilled into every player, permanent or loanee who sets foot inside of Christopher Park. And if you had told me that one Wigan player would end up responsible for a 22-player brawl post-match, Godo is probably the last player I'd have expected it to be.

In the midst of Evatt's post-match rant, he mentioned something important. Their players on that pitch often having to take an extra touch, struggling to move the ball around quickly like they normally do. I said the pitch being fucked up would benefit us against these lot and so it proved. Just like when we beat Man City years ago (obviously I'm not comparing the two teams). The point I'm trying to make is when we come up against a team wanting to play total Barcelona football, having a shit bobbly pitch really does help as it makes things harder for them to generate the speed of play needed to break through us. It didn't help us Friday night against Cheltenham and probably won't help against the shitter sides in the division, but against a technically stronger footballing side like them, it worked in our favour.

Evatt comments:

big scalp!!!!
Deluded fecker.

Regarding the bust up at the end.

Before Godo even got over to their end cupping his hands to his ears Bogvardsson had already started squaring up to Kerr. So did anyone see what happened to spark that as it seemed that was the first thing then just as they seemed to separate it immediately transferred to Godo.

Having plenty possession doesn't mean you're controlling the game. It appeared to me that we let them have a lot of ball but kept them in front of us, for the most part. I suppose it's a passive way to control a game, if that makes sense, but the game seemed to exactly as we wanted it to.

Regarding the bust up at the end.

Before Godo even got over to their end cupping his hands to his ears Bogvardsson had already started squaring up to Kerr. So did anyone see what happened to spark that as it seemed that was the first thing then just as they seemed to separate it immediately transferred to Godo.
I saw that, watched it on TV as couldn't go due to work/childcare commitments. Pretty sure it cut away from it to show the fans and then went back and that was the point that they were all involved.