"Bolton get battered" matchday thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

"Bolton get battered" matchday thread

A mention for Adeeko too, I've question marked his selection often but last night (at last) he showed he ain't a bad un.
He needs his heading working on. You know when you throw the ball up for an 8 year old girl to head it and they close their eyes and do a little jump up and completely miss the ball...his efforts remind me of that.

Adeeko was further up the pitch last night and wasn’t hiding. Maybe Maloney does read this forum ….!
I honestly think Tinkerbell reads this forum and my posts and took them on board.

No need to thank me Shaun just keep playing that way (against Bolton was the Latics way) Use your subs wisely and you could make a happy clapper out of me.

You've now set the precedence for the rest of the season.

I honestly think Tinkerbell reads this forum and my posts and took them on board.

No need to thank me Shaun just keep playing that way (against Bolton was the Latics way) Use your subs wisely and you could make a happy clapper out of me.

You've now set the precedence for the rest of the season.
So Frankie, what specifically of all the opinions you've offered over the past few weeks and months do you think the manager took on board last night?

These were the match stats:

1709128547323.png

Normally, they'd have you apoplectic with rage: less than a 3rd possession, only 4 shots in total, bugger all corners ... you'd have been like the Flying Scotsman with all the steam coming out of you just based on those stats.

So, what snippets do you reckon he acted on? :hmmm:

So Frankie, what specifically of all the opinions you've offered over the past few weeks and months do you think the manager took on board last night?

View attachment 71849

Normally, they'd have you apoplectic with rage: less than a 3rd possession, only 4 shots in total, bugger all corners ... you'd have been like the Flying Scotsman with all the steam coming out of you just based on those stats.

He eventually got the car parking sorted. :halo:

Regarding the bust up at the end.

Before Godo even got over to their end cupping his hands to his ears Bogvardsson had already started squaring up to Kerr. So did anyone see what happened to spark that as it seemed that was the first thing then just as they seemed to separate it immediately transferred to Godo.
Kerr was waving to somebody in the away end,
didn't seem provocative it seemed to be directed at one person, like a mate or something

So that post is based on one match beating Bolton? We've been piss poor since before Christmas even most of the players don't look interested, think about what you're saying ffs!
No that's based on the fact we've gone from -8 points to mid table security with no money,loan players and kids just out of the youth setup.All playing as a united force and proving you doubters and the bookies wrong.
Maloney should be on the shortlist for manager of the season

Terrible thread title, right up there with Kev Sheldon's "we won't get relegated" bollocks last season. Asking for trouble.

We're due a pumping against these lot and fresh off their beating today...

You were saying CL......🤔😉😂😂😂

Perhaps the title title should have been......
it's happened again, it's happened again, Bolton Wanderers, it's happened again.....😉

View attachment 71849

Ive said many times on here I don't bother with stats, what I do bother about is how the team plays and results.

Last night was a good battling performance from all the 15 that played and a belter of a goal to win the game.

More of the same for the rest of the season, you won't hear me complaining!

One thing I noticed last night was the number of times Kerr carried the ball forward, often beating opposition players and opening space up for our midfield and forwards. We need to see more of the same over the remaining games.
I said exactly the same thing to the guys who sit around me. I think that is something that Charlie Hughes needs to look at closely and introduce into his game. For too long now, CH has been bringing the game to a standstill by putting his foot on the ball and stopping play. When Kerr had no options on last night he took the ball forward and drew men to him - which then opened up space for continuing with a passing move!

Ive said many times on here I don't bother with stats, what I do bother about is how the team plays and results.

Last night was a good battling performance from all the 15 that played and a belter of a goal to win the game.

More of the same for the rest of the season, you won't hear me complaining!
I don't believe it ... and maybe more importantly, I don't believe you.

A fiver says that in another game, if we deliver the same stats and display the same degree of standing off and giving the opposition too much time and space, and don't win, I GUARANTEE that we'd see a right royal toys out of cot display. :LOL:

Fiver Frank.
;)

I said exactly the same thing to the guys who sit around me. I think that is something that Charlie Hughes needs to look at closely and introduce into his game. For too long now, CH has been bringing the game to a standstill by putting his foot on the ball and stopping play. When Kerr had no options on last night he took the ball forward and drew men to him - which then opened up space for continuing with a passing move!
Hughes does this also Harry ... on a regular basis this season. In recent weeks though, the space hasn't always been there for him to do it.

I'd have to disagree with you there Tony! He has been guilty (in my opinion) of setting off into the space only to stop, put his foot on it then go back or pass it backwards/sideways. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go (he's still learning his trade), but he needs to look at what the senior players do and incorporate what he can into his game. That would improve him and add some more dosh onto his future value to us!

I'd have to disagree with you there Tony! He has been guilty (in my opinion) of setting off into the space only to stop, put his foot on it then go back or pass it backwards/sideways. Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go (he's still learning his trade), but he needs to look at what the senior players do and incorporate what he can into his game. That would improve him and add some more dosh onto his future value to us!
Happy to disagree. (y)