The Official Wrexham Match Thread (Sponsored by Brad and Shannon "for all your North American owner needs") | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Official Wrexham Match Thread (Sponsored by Brad and Shannon "for all your North American owner needs")

Having to watch the ifollow on Wrexhams site, here in Cape Verde. I have never listened to such biased tosh in my life. Apparently the ref was basically a cheat, and we were rubbish.
Well done boys...
I was there so can't comment on either the North Wales Scouse commentary or Radio Kent commentary on iFollow, but why is it that almost every other team seems to have an ultra biased comm team for them, but ours seems to be biased against us?

I was really impressed with Wrexham today. They did everything a bit crisper and with a little bit more pace than Gills.
Having said that what a team performance from the boys in blue. I wouldn't pick a MOM they all worked so hard for each other. Some great tracking back by Nads to break things up at times. J Williams running his socks off prompting and probing making himself available. Loads of good stuff all over the park.
I'm a very happy bunny

Bit harsh on Morris - surely at least a 7 for the triple save alone?
Bit of a difficult one as it was self-inflicted as he made a meal of the first, tame shot, straight at him. Good second save at point blank range and very clever punch past the post at full strength, so impressive work, but he should have just caught the first one or punched it rather than flapping. He had a good game though overall. Didn't have a huge amount to do, but steady, probably better than Turner on the deck and in terms of distribution, but he is a bit short for a keeper so sometimes has to punch or flap where a taller keeper catches, but overall I think he instils confidence in the defence. I'd keep him in for Salford.

I though Morri was MOTM fo me follwed by the defence. An excellent performance.

Williams took some bad tackles but the ref gave nothing. Hawkins was manhandled often and nothing given.

Ref played no added time at all in the first half - i thought there were 2 injuries where the game was stopped.

I'm glad we won but i thought our midfield were poor.

Wrexham should have been 2-0 up at half time.

Hutton has a great first touch.

Nadesan is just an awful player who offers NOTHING

Got to agree with your there Hutton has a great first touch 👍

I was really impressed with Wrexham today. They did everything a bit crisper and with a little bit more pace than Gills.
Having said that what a team performance from the boys in blue. I wouldn't pick a MOM they all worked so hard for each other. Some great tracking back by Nads to break things up at times. J Williams running his socks off prompting and probing making himself available. Loads of good stuff all over the park.
I'm a very happy bunny
TBH, I wasn't impressed with them, but I agree that they played a lot better football than I expected from a Parkinson hoofball team. However, I do wonder, if you have Parkinson in charge, you need to play to your strengths. The difference between the teams at Wrexham away was Wrexham having a carthorse in Pope up front when we were without Hawkins. For me, Wrexham and a Parkie team would be much better with Pope and Mullin playing off of him and smashing it long. I recall, his Bradford teams with the donkey Hanson up top and players like Wells playing off of him, always used to destroy us.

Conversely, I think we have generally started to play a bit more direct, which wasn't the way Clemence originally set us up, but I think we have a nice balance of getting it down and targeted long balls to the Hawk, who was the difference between the teams for me today.

Bit of a difficult one as it was self-inflicted as he made a meal of the first, tame shot, straight at him. Good second save at point blank range and very clever punch past the post at full strength, so impressive work, but he should have just caught the first one or punched it rather than flapping. He had a good game though overall. Didn't have a huge amount to do, but steady, probably better than Turner on the deck and in terms of distribution, but he is a bit short for a keeper so sometimes has to punch or flap where a taller keeper catches, but overall I think he instils confidence in the defence. I'd keep him in for Salford.
Was very very close to crossing the line, not sure how he managed to punch it clear when it was behind him!! The save from Fletcher’s overhead rebound effort was excellent. Lee’s initial shot had a lot of pace and moved a bit.

I'm a very happy bunny
I’m still buzzing.
It really makes a difference to the weekend

Morris was okay. But Jake gives me much more confidence.

Morris flapped at quite a few crosses. One of his punches was mis-cued and went off for a corner. Another punch was unconvincing. Early on he was nearly caught out with a back-pass. I also thought he was responsible for creating the opportunity for the triple save.

I thought our chasing and harrying of the Wrexham players both in midfield and from the forwards was a big difference in our play as opposed to other recent home games. It makes such a difference and it makes it so much easier to support the team when you can see that level of effort. It was a huge effort. I just hope we can replicate that more often and hope it wasn’t just the players getting ‘up for’ Wrexham.

Was very very close to crossing the line, not sure how he managed to punch it clear when it was behind him!! The save from Fletcher’s overhead rebound effort was excellent. Lee’s initial shot had a lot of pace and moved a bit.
I thought that, was very close to being over the line but somehow he managed to punch it past to post and away from their strikers. I was in line with the Lee shot. He may have caught it as wasn't that hard, but if he was in doubt, should have punched it away rather than flap, but it was a good performance from Glen today, who is a good servant and a nice man. Let's see him in for a few games. I was calling for it a while back. Turner is the future, but may be better for a break.

Morris was okay. But Jake gives me much more confidence.

Morris flapped at quite a few crosses. One of his punches was mis-cued and went off for a corner. Another punch was unconvincing. Early on he was nearly caught out with a back-pass. I also thought he was responsible for creating the opportunity for the triple save.
“Flapped at” is a bit harsh. He’s not the tallest but he reads danger very well. A couple of times he got the ball away from the danger area with just a touch. Sometimes that’s all it takes.

I’m not convinced Turner is the future but for me, Morris is the present. He’s the better keeper of the two, he was POTY last year, who cares if he’s 40.

I thought Nadesan did well today and was delighted for him, man he could do with a goal but second half he made himself busy and with our limited options up front he should be starting up front with Hawkins.

Hawkins had a great second half, he must hate playing football sometimes he gets held constantly with nothing from the ref- stuck with it he’s the main man for us for the rest of the season upfront.

Huttton was great too. As was all the back 5 to be fair.

All in all, loved it today. Come on you blue boys.

I enjoyed that today. Great atmosphere in the second half from the Rainham End and I hope Brad and Shannon thoroughly enjoyed it as they deserve it.

It was a good an 7/10 performance minimum from everyone today. Morris was composed in goal and seemed to instil confidence in the defence more so than Turner for me, but he is short for a keeper and sometimes has to flap or punch on crosses that Turner would pluck. Solid back three and great games from the two wing backs who I thought both defended well and got forward to good effect. Nice free kick from Clark for the goal and Hutton's first touch is amazing and drive to get forward and cross in admirable, but there were a few too many crosses near the keeper today.

Coleman was very good in CDM as was the lively Williams and, goal aside, I though Dieng had on of his best games for the club. Lots of energy and his strength and height helps things in attacking areas. Hawkins was my MOM by a long way. He was absolutely superb - put his body on the line, won lots and actually showed a decent turn of pace on a couple of occasions to run down balls he usually wouldn't. And well done Nads. I've been a big critic of his and first half he lived up to his reputation with some awful touches and generally being ineffective, but in the second half he chased things down and was much more of a presence.

Good performances off of the bench from Clark, Malone and Mckenzie from the bench.

We clearly have a chance of making the playoffs, but we may struggle as other than Hawkins, we're struggling up top. Has Clem given up on Walker as he seems to be below the pecking order below Nads and Clark now.

Also, and I'll track back... I said that our away turnouts are the best in the division. I said that head for head we'd take more away than anyone to us bar Notts County and Wrexham, but we took more to Notts despite playing on a Friday and today, Wrexham only took up half of their 1600 allocation - really poor and they were very, very quiet. The Swine made more noise with about 200.

Maybe Wrighty bet on the Hollywood boys in which case hard fucking luck great result so much more positive than against a weakened Stockport last Tuesday but there’s still more in there Hawkins worked tirelessly with no help from the hapless officials still needs the right person to play off him Just got to keep going be positive and get results

Bit harsh on Morris - surely at least a 7 for the triple save alone?

"Triple Save" !!! We'd have gone absolutely apeshit if that had gone in. Morris should have dealt with the first shot more effectively. The second one was instinctive (fair play to him) and the final clearance looked spectacular but was pretty routine.

I gave him a (6) which I think is fair for a keeper that didn't have a lot to do but did everything required of him.

"Triple Save" !!! We'd have gone absolutely apeshit if that had gone in. Morris should have dealt with the first shot more effectively. The second one was instinctive (fair play to him) and the final clearance looked spectacular but was pretty routine.

I gave him a (6) which I think is fair for a keeper that didn't have a lot to do but did everything required of him.
He saved the ball 3 times:-

Great result for you lot today against the Emmy award and PR vehicle piggybacking off a football club.

Did you sing:

"Deadpool, whats the score?
Deadpool, Deadpool, what's the score?"

Kudos if you did.

We've got a crapper than normal Celtic tomorrow on Sky. St Brendan has taken them backward but they will probably tuck us away, we are the team you want when you need a result.
Rogers is one of the most overrated managers ever.