The Official Wrexham Match Thread (Sponsored by Brad and Shannon "for all your North American owner needs") | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Official Wrexham Match Thread (Sponsored by Brad and Shannon "for all your North American owner needs")

Amen to all of that. You can only beat what's put in front of you and today, like Tuesday, that wasn't much.

3 points is all that matters. The slightly improved all round performance was a bonus. I can't get over excited about anyone in particular but a clean sheet is always good.

Player ratings.

Morris (6)
Hutton (6)
Ogie

............ saving time (6) all round except 5's for J.Williams and Nadesan.

MotM. Masterson
Bit harsh on Morris - surely at least a 7 for the triple save alone?

What a great day!
to see the line up at 2:30 (when we’d FINALLY got up the M2, parked up and got to the ground) just proved that we really do have a good squad. Even with a few injuries at the moment.

I enjoyed the first half. Both teams testing each other a little. Nothing clear cut for either side. Fletcher had a good chance for them, we had a good long ranger from someone (maybe Coleman??).

Second half we really stepped up a gear. The goal was Tim Diengs, and deserved for one of his better performances. Great ‘dink’ from max clark though, and good too from masterton to low cross in the box.

Glenn Morris was super in goal. I like Jake a lot, but do wonder if a little rest may do him good. In fact, the old adage -why change a winning team. I think he made a great double save second half. But will have to see it again to be sure.

When the subs came I thought Max Clark was unlucky to get hooked. He is enjoying a run of games and had a hand in the goal too. Nadesan (although wasn’t a goal threat, as usual) also worked hard. And Jayden Clarke came on for him. Was a good tactical sub I thought. Stretch the game, give the Wrexham defence something to think about. However he frustrated me more in 15 mins 5han Nadesan did in the previous 75ish mins. On more than one occasion he could’ve shown a bit more of the pacewe know he has to break through.

The crowd (particularly Rainham End, obvs) were fantastic. Was probably the best atmosphere of the season.

All in all, 4 points from top and third in week. A great return. Which obviously frustrates us all to the point of fucking madness! We can be so fucking resilient and tenatious with flashes of quality when needed. Why can’t we do it more regularly.

What a great weekend. Would love to get them in the playoff final.

UTFG!

Usual somnolent, goalless first half but ok.

Excellent second half.
Massive performances from Ogie, Coleman and The Hawk.

Best thing for me today was that for the first time (in the games I've seen) we pressed the oppos, upped our tempo and harassed their defence. Didn't sit back at 1 0. Loved it.

Ps, agree with the poster's remark re Jayden Clarke. On the pitch for 5 mins and looked shattered after that driving run.

Well done Gills. The missus was shocked to see me happy on my return home.
:grinning:

What an afternoon,loved every minute,we all got in with seconds to spare,personal thoughts first half think went to Wrexham just,broke so fast,second half played much better,almost bossed it,
Lord knows how Morris kept that out,
I’m not picking anybody out,all 11 deserved a medal today,
We popped in pub after for quick pint,was few Wrexham supporters,they were fine,one guy said how the hell does anybody get through your defence

Amen to all of that. You can only beat what's put in front of you and today, like Tuesday, that wasn't much.

3 points is all that matters. The slightly improved all round performance was a bonus. I can't get over excited about anyone in particular but a clean sheet is always good.

Player ratings.

Morris (6)
Hutton (6)
Ogie

............ saving time (6) all round except 5's for J.Williams and Nadesan.

MotM. Masterson
Wow, 6’s all round! Apart from those with 5’s!!!

I Thought Hawkins was man of the match, consistently wrestled and showed some nice touches, I don’t know about anyone else but I just feel more confident with Morris in goal. No poor performances today and encouraging to see the players looking United and genuinely happy after the game.

I Thought Hawkins was man of the match, consistently wrestled and showed some nice touches, I don’t know about anyone else but I just feel more confident with Morris in goal. No poor performances today and encouraging to see the players looking United and genuinely happy after the game.
That was a decent triple save from Morris.Deserves a run of games .Turner is a good goalkeeper.But Morris has clearly kept himself in trim.Massive credit to the guy.

Last edited:
A few thoughts from today -
I was surprised at how ordinary Wrexham looked. I expected more. Neat in the build up but no real threat.
Particularly in the first half, there was a great big hole where our central midfield was supposed to be and we were horribly static in possession. Things improved second half. We got the all important goal and started to control things as the game went on.
What was the matter with Jayden Clarke? At least twice he had passes laid on a plate to him which he should have accelerated on to but he had nothing to give. He's slower going forward than Hawkins going backwards.
Great result lads. Good effort.

A few thoughts from today -
I was surprised at how ordinary Wrexham looked. I expected more. Neat in the build up but no real threat.
Particularly in the first half, there was a great big hole where our central midfield was supposed to be and we were horribly static in possession. Things improved second half. We got the all important goal and started to control things as the game went on.
What was the matter with Jayden Clarke? At least twice he had passes laid on a plate to him which he should have accelerated on to but he had nothing to give. He's slower going forward than Hawkins going backwards.
Great result lads. Good effort.
Clarke isn’t particularly quick, I think if he possessed a turn of pace he’d be playing at a higher level.

Great result for you lot today against the Emmy award and PR vehicle piggybacking off a football club.

Did you sing:

"Deadpool, whats the score?
Deadpool, Deadpool, what's the score?"

Kudos if you did.

We've got a crapper than normal Celtic tomorrow on Sky. St Brendan has taken them backward but they will probably tuck us away, we are the team you want when you need a result.

I though Morri was MOTM fo me follwed by the defence. An excellent performance.

Williams took some bad tackles but the ref gave nothing. Hawkins was manhandled often and nothing given.

Ref played no added time at all in the first half - i thought there were 2 injuries where the game was stopped.

I'm glad we won but i thought our midfield were poor.

Wrexham should have been 2-0 up at half time.

Hutton has a great first touch.

Nadesan is just an awful player who offers NOTHING.

Solid team defence, especially in the first half, kept a very slick Wrexham at bay. Really liked seeing some steely play by Hawks, he's a big lad and today used his size well. Resolute play from us forced Wrexham into more and more errors second half. Good stuff, great win, Geeeeeals. 👍👍

Williams took some bad tackles but the ref gave nothing. Hawkins was manhandled often and nothing given.

Ref played no added time at all in the first half - i thought there were 2 injuries where the game was stopped.

Cheer up mate enjoy the result.

Nads definitely out of his depth and lacking any confidence today although he picked up in the second half. Sadly I agree, think he's been exposed this season, just doesn't have enough intelligence or technical ability about him at league level.

I've been critical of Nads recently but I thought he was good today, especially second half. Worked really hard alongside Hawkins and his pace helps us stretch defences.