The Moussa Diaby Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Moussa Diaby Thread

It takes time for players to adjust to new country, new team, new structures. Even Riyad Mahrez said it took him a season to get used to Man Citeh and he'd lived in England and played PL football for a good few seasons.

Let the lad settle and let's see what Unai can do with him. I'm not will to write him off yet, we've got no idea what his personal situation is.

It takes time for players to adjust to new country, new team, new structures. Even Riyad Mahrez said it took him a season to get used to Man Citeh and he'd lived in England and played PL football for a good few seasons.

Let the lad settle and let's see what Unai can do with him. I'm not will to write him off yet, we've got no idea what his personal situation is.

Now copy and paste that into the Zaniolo thread :ROFLMAO:

Probably not.

I wonder if Diaby was on loan with an option to buy for £52m whether people would be having second thoughts at this stage. I'd imagine he'd be getting pelters.

Naturally it’s in our interest and common sense to develop and perservere with our record signing rather than someone else’s player who was a panic buy, has had 3/4 of a season to get his act together and is only here due to an injury to another.

Naturally it’s in our interest and common sense to develop and perservere with our record signing rather than someone else’s player who was a panic buy, has had 3/4 of a season to get his act together and is only here due to an injury to another.

I don't remember Buendia getting those privileges as our record signing, lol

I don't remember Buendia getting those privileges as our record signing, lol
Which was due to the huge and over the top hype that surrounded him from some.
We were told he was an upgrade on Jack :lol: . So naturally the expectation went through the roof and the disappointment therefore greater. And the hype continued despite evidence to the contrary culminating in him being benched at the end of the season.

No such over top the platitudes about Diaby because he was seen as an upgrade on the dickless bitch, so the bar was low immediately at the time.

Which was due to the huge and over the top hype that surrounded him from some.
We were told he was an upgrade on Jack :lol: . So naturally the expectation went through the roof and the disappointment therefore greater. And the hype continued despite evidence to the contrary culminating in him being benched at the end of the season.

No such over top the platitudes about Diaby because he was seen as an upgrade on the dickless bitch, so the bar was low immediately at the time.

Well that's all just subjective isn't it. If people believed he was an upgrade on Jack because some idiot said it, then that's on them.

Did the same guy say Zaniolo was the new Roberto Baggio? 😂

Well that's all just subjective isn't it. If people believed he was an upgrade on Jack because some idiot said it, then that's on them.

Did the same guy say Zaniolo was the new Roberto Baggio? 😂
Well. Yeah . More fool me for believing some on here because I knew next to nothing about Buendia so went with the hype until I saw him for a while with my own eyes , hence being overall underwhelmed !.

He needs time for sure but its costing us , but the club cannot just write off a big chunk of £55m. been very disappointing though , lost his place and hard to see him getting it back especially with the likes of Buendia coming back soon.

He needs time for sure but its costing us , but the club cannot just write off a big chunk of £55m. been very disappointing though , lost his place and hard to see him getting it back especially with the likes of Buendia coming back soon.
It's going to be weeks of slowly introducing Emi2 and same for Mings. I'd be shocked if either started a game before mid-April.

With the lads dropping like flies he is going to have to go back to his vault and figure out how to (a) get Diaby playing and (b) figuring out how he can put him and Bailey in the same XI without us becoming lightweight.

Just read back through the last few pages of this thread and not one person has mentioned his pace (or seeming lack of pace) recently so I just wanted to know am I the only one who has noticed him getting visibly slower?

I keep being told he's some kind of speed demon but in his last cameo against Fulham I remember him being set free down the wing and looking incredibly pedestrian up against Robinson. Baring in mind he'd only just come on too so should have been fresh and raring to go.

Is it possible for a young fit and healthy footballer to lose a yard of pace mid season? That's what it feels like to me.