The General Football thread | Page 167 | Vital Football

The General Football thread

If Southgate starts Maguire in the upcoming internationals I think I will give up on England until he has gone. Maguire played like a clown yesterday and should no longer be anywhere near the national team when we have so many better younger options.

Southgate has Stones, Guehi, Branthwaite and Colwill. It would be a crime to put Maguire in ahead of England's finest centre half and these 3 young guys.

Kane is Bayern’s top scorer this season with 28 goals in 29 appearances in all competitions since arriving from Tottenham in the summer but the England captain failed to score in both defeats.

Bayern were left trailing Leverkusen by eight points ahead of Sunday’s Bundesliga clash against Bochem - with Tuchel’s side already out of the German Cup - and the manager suggested there had been a disconnect between the England captain and his team-mates in the recent games.

"Harry ... already knows what he’s doing. And of course he’s unhappy with the way he’s involved at the moment,” Tuchel said. “And we are dissatisfied with how we find and don’t find him (in games).

"I have very rarely, perhaps never before, seen such a discrepancy between performances in training and matches, the way he scores, the way he leads the team, the way his team wins. It’s unbelievable. It’s absolutely world-class.

Another loss

I do wonder, however small..... a part of him regrets leaving

Not sure....he will win something there....I fear we are years away from doing that at Spurs.

As I predicted in a different thread, United are touting the redevelopment of Old Trafford as a 'National Stadium for the North'

Including all the bells and whistles that the next governments levelling up tax payer funded cash that comes with it.
It’s going to be headline news every time a brick is laid , every time a cement mixer is turned on, every time a new tradesman is required.

Longer and longer the Everton appeal goes on the more I think they are getting points back

I hope Levy / Bloom etc take action if it's the case

We don't need another taxpayers stadium to go with the London Stadium. The Etihad is currently being expanded courtesy of the Qatar's, let that be the stadium in the north.
When it does go ahead , it will have its own section on Match of the Day . Lineaker will be explaining what has happened during the previous week.
There won’t be time to show all the games . So they will be relegated to a new programme , Other Football You Might Be Interested In .

UK Taxpayers will be part funding the new stadium for one of the wolds richest football clubs.
Mark my words.
The revolt talked about tongue in cheek on the Good Morning thread might just happen if the government did contribute to the cost, it would be about as popular as Daniel applying for furlough for the minnions at Tottenham during covid while continuing to pay exhorbitant wages to players in full.

As I predicted in a different thread, United are touting the redevelopment of Old Trafford as a 'National Stadium for the North'

Including all the bells and whistles that the next governments levelling up tax payer funded cash that comes with it.
I'd lay money on it not receiving anymore than we did, Jim's redevelopment plans will only depend on local government or central government and their willingness to get out of the way and let him get on with it.

He has a 3-5 year plan for manure and he is in a hurry, as he and his brother know they can only live for so long, he's a lifelong Manure fan and if he were allowed (and he isn't) he'd happily spend a billion on players to get back to where he thinks they belong. Holding his hand out for a few tens of millions might happen, but only because that's what the local gov redevelopment funds have to hand out.

I'd lay money on it not receiving anymore than we did, Jim's redevelopment plans will only depend on local government or central government and their willingness to get out of the way and let him get on with it.

He has a 3-5 year plan for manure and he is in a hurry, as he and his brother know they can only live for so long, he's a lifelong Manure fan and if he were allowed (and he isn't) he'd happily spend a billion on players to get back to where he thinks they belong. Holding his hand out for a few tens of millions might happen, but only because that's what the local gov redevelopment funds have to hand out.
Yeah i agree. Unless there's a clear objective to redevelop under deprived areas i don't see it amounting to very much either.

So what happens next in the Dani Alves trial?

Are we finally going to see an actual prison sentence for one of these footballers who abuse their "rich and famous" status? From all the recent cases, you get the feeling that the defence lawyers have pulled rabbits out of hats and served the rich clients well.

So what happens next in the Dani Alves trial?

Are we finally going to see an actual prison sentence for one of these footballers who abuse their "rich and famous" status? From all the recent cases, you get the feeling that the defence lawyers have pulled rabbits out of hats and served the rich clients well.
He has been sentenced to four and a half years in prison, no doubt he will appeal.