Jorge Hurtado join on loan | Page 9 | Vital Football

Jorge Hurtado join on loan

Seen a couple of posts on Swindon forums. They mention Hurtado reminding them (or their manager) of Claudio Cannigia v Cameroon back in 1990 WC. A good comparison there. Take a peek at his last run in this short clip. Very Hor-Hey Like particularly the scything tackle đź‘Ť

The final action of that clip is definitely in the top ten of my favourite football memories. Excellent stuff! I look forward to seeing our new man in action live on Saturday.

For me, it's not just about the run that he makes, it's the way he gets the ball in the first place. Gets dispossessed, while on the ground he sticks out a leg to take it away from the Swindon player looking to pick up the loose ball, then challenges the player who originally dispossessed him, and just as it looks like the ball's running to a 3rd Swindon player, he wins it back off of him as well.

Then the run leaving 2 Swindon players on their arse, and comfortably beats the 3rd too until he scythes him down. Can't believe the defender tries to tell the ref he wins the ball for that challenge. If he'd won the ball, it would've been heading over towards the Medway Stand, not set up perfectly for Hurtado to slot past the keeper.
The Swindon defender should have been given a red card.

The Swindon defender should have been given a red card.

I couldn’t believe he was actually pleading his innocence.

If you watch that Bloc Pictures video of the Last Waltz, it shows an even better view of that “tackle”. Not only was he off the ground, over the ball, he was actually aimed at Jorge’s leg behind the ball. No way was he even going for the ball. Potential leg breaker.

Who knows, if continues this form and we get promoted then maybe we’ll go for a season-long loan next year.

The next natural step up for him while staying at a club who could potentially adore him.

Anyway, who wants some more vids of him?!

Looks like he’s played in front of some decent crowds over there. And some not so decent!

Wow. That’s in just 3 short cameos, the longest being a 1/2 of football.

Imagine if he starts scoring. Could be anything.

Serious question. Who was the last player we had that did this sort of stuff? And it’s the 3rd or 4th such show of ridiculousness he’s shown in just 3 cameo appearances.

If he carries on like this, it’ll be a 3 month loan spell that Gills fans will look back on in years to come in awe.
Danny Westwood perhaps .............. or going back even further, Charlie Livesey. I'm old enough to remember both, and the ball playing skills each of them possessed.

What's the name of the swine shite who took him out?

His name needs to be added to the list that already includes Ray McHale, Chris Kamara and Steve White.
Blake-Tracey may well go down in Gills folklore as the guy fucking up a young man’s career

Do we actually know at what point the injury occurred?
Was in a contact at all ?
Not sure but the Blake-Tracey tackle for the penalty was two footed and high

Then there was another booking for McEachran for a foul on Hurtado which should have also been a straight red given the height of the tackle

The referee's failure to do his job could potentially be a major detriment to a young man's career