Jorge Hurtado join on loan | Page 8 | Vital Football

Jorge Hurtado join on loan

I now live in Norfolk and am slowly learning the language - for example Happisburgh is pronounced 'Haysborough'.
Yep. Holidayed there back in 1989. Is it all in the sea now?

Similarly, Trottiscliffe in Kent is Trosely

Btw, anyone can understand English if you shout it slowly and loudly.

Just learnt that Teston is pronounced Teeson.

Last edited:
Yep. Holidayed there back in 1989. Is it all in thesea now?

Similarly, Trottiscliffe in Kent is Trosely

Btw, anyone can understand English if you shout it slowly and loudly.

Just learnt that Teston is pronounced Teeson.
I caught a National Express from Waterloo up to a walking holiday in Geordie land and told the driver I was getting off at Alnwick (pronouncing as written), to which the reply was "d'ya mean Annick?"

Well he's not mastered the fist pumps yet but how nice it is to see the broad grin on his face when he attempts to do them.

On the clubs facebook feed if you want to view it.

I now live in Norfolk and am slowly learning the language - for example Happisburgh is pronounced 'Haysborough'.
Yes, the look I got from a local when I pronounced it right was quite funny 🤣. I stay within walking distance of happisburgh two or three times a year (Bacton), love the relative remoteness of that stretch of coast (and love Number One at Cromer 🤣)

Been watching and re-watching that sublime bit of skill from Jorge yesterday.

Received the ball, back to 2 oncoming county players, turn, quick shimmy and change of feet and he zips between the 2 and off he goes. I still can’t work out exactly what he did. But it was something special. Talented.

His ability certainly gives the attack something special add in a more mobile version of Hawkins and I think teams will start to worry about us far more than they have in recent seasons.

Serious question. Who was the last player we had that did this sort of stuff? And it’s the 3rd or 4th such show of ridiculousness he’s shown in just 3 cameo appearances.

If he carries on like this, it’ll be a 3 month loan spell that Gills fans will look back on in years to come in awe.

For me, it's not just about the run that he makes, it's the way he gets the ball in the first place. Gets dispossessed, while on the ground he sticks out a leg to take it away from the Swindon player looking to pick up the loose ball, then challenges the player who originally dispossessed him, and just as it looks like the ball's running to a 3rd Swindon player, he wins it back off of him as well.

Then the run leaving 2 Swindon players on their arse, and comfortably beats the 3rd too until he scythes him down. Can't believe the defender tries to tell the ref he wins the ball for that challenge. If he'd won the ball, it would've been heading over towards the Medway Stand, not set up perfectly for Hurtado to slot past the keeper.

Seen a couple of posts on Swindon forums. They mention Hurtado reminding them (or their manager) of Claudio Cannigia v Cameroon back in 1990 WC. A good comparison there. Take a peek at his last run in this short clip. Very Hor-Hey Like particularly the scything tackle 👍

At the end of the day he's only a loan player and, like many, I really didn't want to get too attached to him.
However I am out of my seat (sorry WX!) every time he gets the ball. We don't know what he's going to do next and sometimes I don't think he does either but what a crowd pleaser we have in Jorge (Hor Hay).
I am afraid I am going to completely lose my $hit when he scores.