The FA Cup Thread | Page 202 | Vital Football

The FA Cup Thread

Don't think the foreigners , of which make the majority of the squad, actually give much of a toss about the FA Cup. None more so than Cash or Mcginn give a toss about the German. French or Italian equivalent. The FA cup really only exists in the memory of some of a certain age I'm afraid . Otherwise it's only slightly ahead of the league Cup. League then European competition is the order now like it or not.
The foreigners will be more into winning the conference lets not beat around the bush here. The lip service paid to it by the coach and players is pretty see through tbh.

No ones happy to accept it, certainly not me.
Poor performance all round - no excuses and we have injuries around the team. Like I said, this would be the one to dip out of but concerning if this type of performance carries on.
Yeah i would agree with that molly. But this has been the last two home performances. Two dreadful home performancea. Conceded 6 and scored 2. Really is not good enough

Also that pathetic 2nd half vs united. Im not happy. This clubs ambitious this isnt steve bruce era anymore like tonights performance

God is with me for sure.

That is the second personal insult to me, thank you.

I'm glad he's with you because he's deserted the Villa tonight.

Also, people are understandably frustrated and use the match thread to let off steam and express opinions, etc.

Therefore, picking up and replying to people's comments in a rather sanctimonious manner is only going to inflame people as you have already found out.

Only one team was up for this game tonight and I can't think of one possible positive comment to make because it was a no-show from the players down to the manager's lack of timing for our substitutions who appeared they thought they only had to show up........And that's not the first time they have had that attitude lately either.

Couldn’t get the game tonight so I can’t really comment on it. What I would say though is I didn’t think we had enough squad depth to navigate the league and 2 cups successfully. Maybe better to do a good job in 2 competitions than totally mess 3 up. If we were to sacrifice one of the cups, I’m not saying it was intentional by the way, then this would be the one I would have chosen.

Carlos and lenglet is a significant downgrade to pau and konsa would you not agree? Its ok against these poor sides in europe but in PL is another kettle of fish. That also means out of form cash comes back at rb.

We seen to have been the villa of old against manure at OT ! just hoping paus back soon because we going to leak alot of goals if we have to go the season with those two as our cbs. Also what happens if one of them picks up a injury? Its chambers . Im scared 😂
Well i hate to say i told you so @Langoe66 ...

I wish it was you telling me mind you 😔

Don't think the foreigners , of which make the majority of the squad, actually give much of a toss about the FA Cup. None more so than Cash or Mcginn give a toss about the German. French or Italian equivalent. The FA cup really only exists in the memory of some of a certain age I'm afraid . Otherwise it's only slightly ahead of the league Cup. League then European competition is the order now like it or not.
The foreigners will be more into winning the conference lets not beat around the bush here. The lip service paid to it by the coach and players is pretty see through tbh.

So why didn't we just roll over at Stamford bridge ? Would have saved us another 90 mins.

Couldn’t get the game tonight so I can’t really comment on it. What I would say though is I didn’t think we had enough squad depth to navigate the league and 2 cups successfully. Maybe better to do a good job in 2 competitions than totally mess 3 up. If we were to sacrifice one of the cups, I’m not saying it was intentional by the way, then this would be the one I would have chosen.
I get that but if we’d put this average Chelsea team out we’d have had Leeds at home next and a good chance to go far in the comp.

Anyway I’m not convinced these cowards will continue to perform in the league and Europe after that. Looked like a bottom half PL team tonight at best.

I get that but if we’d put this average Chelsea team out we’d have had Leeds at home next and a good chance to go far in the comp.

Anyway I’m not convinced these cowards will continue to perform in the league and Europe after that. Looked like a bottom half PL team tonight at best.

They are fatiguing perhaps more mentally than anything. We don't have a squad the likes of Chelsea.