The FA Cup Thread | Page 212 | Vital Football

The FA Cup Thread

You'd think they would want to do it for free as a way of saying thank you for your support but sadly they don't and it's just another way to exploit money from fans and to do it to Villa supporting kids' parents who may very well be financially struggling is unacceptable.
You also get the one-match show off who pays £1800 for 3 kids for one game.

I don't think it's my job, its just what I've seen, there's a couple of posters on this site who seem to get a little bit more thrown at them, and its mainly down to them venting thier disappointment when we lose.
And those self same ones who are doing the finger pointing, not so long ago were wishing we'd lose, so Gerrard would get sacked!

I'm sorry if this goes against the grain on this site, but there are a few on here who like to pick up on any negatives, they've nothing to say about what's been written, and in most case's don't reply as such, they seem to find it easier to comment on the posters state of mind.

Yes, I do wish people would debate the point, not the poster, I have tried over the years but it seems to be a bit of a childish/playground losing battle at the moment.

You also get the one-match show off who pays £1800 for 3 kids for one game.

To a certain extent, charging parents £300 a pop removes a sense of pride that you have with the club when they do things like that instead of having Acorns advertised on the players' shirts for free which left me feeling proud to see it.

I could never have afforded to pay £300 for my son to be a mascot at Villa Park and I'm glad he never asked although to be fair we did travel to Villa Park where he met his hero at the time, Juan Pablo Angel on the pitch after the Wigan game in 2005 (we lost 0-2) and Matt presented him with a Spanish birthday card which JPA loved!

Rob Bishop took a photo and the photo was in the next match day programme against Middlesbrough along with a brief explanation.

Incidentally, Matt is now a season ticket holder at Tromso FC:grinning:

https://www.til.no/english

Yep this is what the club should be doing for the underprivileged local kids and getting them involved and integrated through football.
On the other side of the divide, I noticed one family had 3 kids as mascots against Chelsea at £600+ a pop, I'm not sure I can express what I think of that from a Club or Parent side of things it boils my blood.

Going back a few years now but I swear it was free when you were a member of the junior villans or whatever it was called.

Going back a few years now but I swear it was free when you were a member of the junior villans or whatever it was called.
the whole mascot thing has lost its way on the whole , just another money making thing for clubs and another divide in the fanbase between the haves and the have nots.
Clubs should be reaching out to the less fortunate all the time and do it quietly too for all the right reasons and not for PR gain.

Get a grip, players played , got a good result at Chelsea but didn’t show tonight. He put a team out that, not his fault, couldn’t put a shift in.
If he goes then trust me, we will be bang average again.
Definitely 100% don't want him to go after all he's done, he's broken records at Villa and is a proven trophy winner. Just hope he can turn it around and we don't ruin all our good work from the first half of the season.

It's difficult when one of the midfield is playing poorly, but against Chelsea the whole of the midfield went missing.

However, getting into the CL is paramount this season. If we don't make it then expect to lose Emi and Dougie to a team that is in it plus we'll find it difficult to attract and or afford those players that will take us to the next level.
I think Emi could be stuck with us. Who has the money for him? He can try force his way out but he has a long term agreement up to like 2027/28. I can't see the club accepting less than 50m.

Some clubs seem to look at players like the FIFA generation too. Look at Raya and Onana, a keepers ability with their feet and "post shot goals prevented" seem to be the stats teams care about. United, Chelsea and Arsenal are the only top clubs in Europe in need of a good keeper.

I think he is stuck here.

Thoughts on this. All about money again.
So teams in the lower leagues who have a home tie against a Premiership or Championship club won’t benefit financially by getting a draw and a lucrative replay…the elite teams benefit by potentially having less games and it frees up space in the calendar for those all important extra Euro games…yeah seems about right. Why worry about the peasants in the lower tiers having money which might help them to stay afloat for a few years….! So much about the modern game stinks tbh.

So teams in the lower leagues who have a home tie against a Premiership or Championship club won’t benefit financially by getting a draw and a lucrative replay…the elite teams benefit by potentially having less games and it frees up space in the calendar for those all important extra Euro games…yeah seems about right. Why worry about the peasants in the lower tiers having money which might help them to stay afloat for a few years….! So much about the modern game stinks tbh.
Yes, that's pretty much my understanding, and your post mirrors 99% of all comments I have read on various outlets.

So the FA and Premier League said everyone agreed on the scrapping of replays, while the EFL and National League say they were not consulted.

Who to believe? :unsure: