Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

Davies must be moved on. We can't keep rewarding this guy because he is a good guy.There is a reason we had the 3rd worst defensive record in the league for the final quarter last year. He cost us plenty of goals because he can't do the basics.

Him and Hojbjerg need moving on. Nowhere near good enough for this style of football. But most importantly they need moving on as they have been part of the reason we have failed over recent years.
We are in the same page for most things and I agree 100 percent.

Ange seems to be ruthless as well, could even see someone like Biss moved on of his discipline doesn't improve.

Ange seems to be ruthless as well, could even see someone like Biss moved on of his discipline doesn't improve.
To compete with City we will need to be ruthless.

Pep got rid of Cancelo who was the best LB in the league after winning a title without hesitation. That's what we need to act like moving forward.

Exactly, enough of the sentimental crap, all three need moving on.
Here's a sample of salaries and food for thought:

PlayerAnnualWeekly
Kulusevski£5,720,000£110,000
PEH£5,300,000£100,000
Porro£4,420,000£85,000
Davies£4,160,000£80,000
Bentancur£3,900,000£75,000
Forster£3,900,000£75,000
Vicario£3,900,000£75,000
Bissouma£2,860,000£55,000
VdV£2,260,000£50,000
Udogie£2,340,000£45,000

Here's a sample of salaries and food for thought:

PlayerAnnualWeekly
Kulusevski£5,720,000£110,000
PEH£5,300,000£100,000
Porro£4,420,000£85,000
Davies£4,160,000£80,000
Bentancur£3,900,000£75,000
Forster£3,900,000£75,000
Vicario£3,900,000£75,000
Bissouma£2,860,000£55,000
VdV£2,260,000£50,000
Udogie£2,340,000£45,000
Forster is on 75k?

That seems a massive waste of funds

There will be movement come the summer, especially if Leeds bounce straight back up. Gil & Reguilon will always have their admirers as well.

My chief concern remains Ndombele. His bloated wages & lack of professionalism is weighing us down still. He needs to be exiled for good.
At least he is out of the picture where game time is concerned, and that seems likely to remain the case, unlike the consistently maligned Hojbjerg, Skipp and Davies who are clearly seen by the manager and Club as players who continue to be of value to the Club.

That's not to bad eh! Bs Lol!
18 x 90/33 = every 49mins per goal/assist.

Jeez that is some record! long may it continue as he gets older. COYS
Surely young Mikey will be rewarded with a 1st team appearance toward the end of the season or next season at the very latest.

Let’s give the lad a little bit more encouragement (not that he needs it) to push on even more.

At least he is out of the picture where game time is concerned, and that seems likely to remain the case, unlike the consistently maligned Hojbjerg, Skipp and Davies who are clearly seen by the manager and Club as players who continue to be of value to the Club.
I don't have the same issues with Skipp & Davies as some of the others. Okay they're not top drawer but then again neither are we.

Hoj on the other hand has the turning circle of a bull elephant. Off the ball he's next to useless, on it he's not too shabby tbf. When all is said & done though i'd prefer it if he was moved on as well.

His discipline must improve. There's spicy & then there's just plain stupid. Unfortunately he's most definitely the latter.

Surely young Mikey will be rewarded with a 1st team appearance toward the end of the season or next season at the very latest.

Let’s give the lad a little bit more encouragement (not that he needs it) to push on even more.

Normally, the first transition is from the U18s to the U21's. I don't recall Moore making that yet. There's a right winger called Ajayi who has just moved up based on the other U21s padding out the 1st team or even going on loan. He seems to be doing OK at that new level.

Normally, the first transition is from the U18s to the U21's. I don't recall Moore making that yet. There's a right winger called Ajayi who has just moved up based on the other U21s padding out the 1st team or even going on loan. He seems to be doing OK at that new level.
For sure Mutts but every now and then you have the kind of talent on your hands that deserve to be fast tracked.

I’m not saying he should be part of the 1st team now but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him rewarded with a few minutes (come the end of the season) or at some point next season (just to show him what’s there for him if he keeps going the way he is)

For sure Mutts but every now and then you have the kind of talent on your hands that deserve to be fast tracked.

I’m not saying he should be part of the 1st team now but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him rewarded with a few minutes (come the end of the season) or at some point next season (just to show him what’s there for him if he keeps going the way he is)

Yeah, don't disagree. We definitely need more domestic cup and UEFA fixtures next season to operate these models with the kids.

Personally, I always enjoy the pre-seasons after a WC or Euro's. That plane is full of the kids with the seniors having their extended break. It must be great for a Mikey Moore to be hanging out with Ange and the squad.

I'm much with you here SP
I feel Skipp and Davies do run their socks off, and are fair players to bring in as a cover for injury or a 20 minute sub.
Yup not the most dynamic but they do give their all.
I think the issue was that, because of the injuries/red cads etc... Unfortunately they had a run of several full games, in a cobbled together side, with many playing out of position.
So the criticism on them is to a degree slightly unfair.
Hoj on the other hand is a different player, and perhaps should be held to a different set of standards, he was among the first on the team sheet last season, and to a degree was seen as a prospective Captain at one stage, as you say his positioning /reading of the game, when off the ball particularly in defending is poor, he appears to run out of steam very quickly, and the arm flapping starts.
I think he's just not what we need just now.
Re Biss, I do feel there's another Wanyama or Dembele in there, it's just getting the stupid stuff out of the way, if we can..

I'm much with you here SP
I feel Skipp and Davies do run their socks off, and are fair players to bring in as a cover for injury or a 20 minute sub.
Yup not the most dynamic but they do give their all.
I think the issue was that, because of the injuries/red cads etc... Unfortunately they had a run of several full games, in a cobbled together side, with many playing out of position.
So the criticism on them is to a degree slightly unfair.
Hoj on the other hand is a different player, and perhaps should be held to a different set of standards, he was among the first on the team sheet last season, and to a degree was seen as a prospective Captain at one stage, as you say his positioning /reading of the game, when off the ball particularly in defending is poor, he appears to run out of steam very quickly, and the arm flapping starts.
I think he's just not what we need just now.
Re Biss, I do feel there's another Wanyama or Dembele in there, it's just getting the stupid stuff out of the way, if we can..

I don't think Udogie's natural replacement is even at the club yet. Interestingly, I could see that hybrid full-back / midfielder in Matthew Craig when I watched him play. He has played both positions well at the younger age groups.

For this season, I think Davies will remain in the 20 man squad but will depart in the summer as we transition again. The only risk to Davies's inclusion is Sess, who looks a more natural fit for Ange ball. I'm just not certain his body will be up to it.