January transfer rumours | Page 62 | Vital Football

January transfer rumours

Hardly the best though, were they!? Ricky Holmes (disaster), Graham Burke (should have been good but wasn’t), Lopes (success) and Billy King (dreadful) - will we get another mixed bag!?
I thought King was one of those signings as well, but he actually signed the day before on the 30th! Tahvon Campbell was the 4th signing on deadline day that year.
My point was that these things can take til the last minute to go through, a lot will depend on players moving on from other clubs and whether the clubs we want players from are willing to release them.

Hardly the best though, were they!? Ricky Holmes (disaster), Graham Burke (should have been good but wasn’t), Lopes (success) and Billy King (dreadful) - will we get another mixed bag!?
I think Billy King is the first player I have absolutely no recollection of what so ever

I thought King was one of those signings as well, but he actually signed the day before on the 30th! Tahvon Campbell was the 4th signing on deadline day that year.
My point was that these things can take til the last minute to go through, a lot will depend on players moving on from other clubs and whether the clubs we want players from are willing to release them.
Of course! That sounds familiar now.

I actually liked Campbell - he showed some nice touches and tried to beat the full-back occasionally.

Of course! That sounds familiar now.

I actually liked Campbell - he showed some nice touches and tried to beat the full-back occasionally.
Jayden Clarke has a similar style if I recall correctly.

Lopes was decent and played at a higher level after for Hull City for a year and now is randomly at Cercle Brugge in the Belgian Pro league!

Hopefully not a mixed bag, just 2 gems.

TBF, individually, all our signings over the past year have been decent quality. Just not clicking fully as a squad unit.

The current recruitment team may or may not have got the balance and positions correct, but every player has been at least ok and some are quality. No absolute disasters, just inconsistency and some not living up to previous form and expectations.

Even Nads was the form striker for the first month of the season.

Nichols seems to be off to Mansfield then. You’d hope we have someone lined up to replace. Still think we need 3 players in come by 11 Thursday.
We have replaced him with Walker if Nichols leaves. Currently have 5 attacker's in the squad. Not sure we will be signing anymore players myself.

Still one of the most exciting deadline days, the media team smashed it tbh. I was buzzing that night which seems weird now as apart from lopes they were all pretty awful.

We have replaced him with Walker if Nichols leaves. Currently have 5 attacker's in the squad. Not sure we will be signing anymore players myself.
Walker is only on loan. If Hawkins breaks down, that will leave Bonne and Nads as alternatives.

I agree though that our business could well be over, and it will be down to SC's coaching to improve what we already have, and bring the best out of a group that are clearly underperforming.

Walker is only on loan. If Hawkins breaks down, that will leave Bonne and Nads as alternatives.

I agree though that our business could well be over, and it will be down to SC's coaching to improve what we already have, and bring the best out of a group that are clearly underperforming.

Not sure I agree.

Brad, quite famously, said back in Dec “we know our problem area and we are dealing with it. We will bring in quality over quantity”.

If that means upgrading our RWB position, replacing Lewis Walker & Tom Nichols with Josh Walker, and not replacing a now injured Oli Hawkins then I’ll eat my hat.

I read last night that Mansfield have bid for three forwards , good idea I think as they did not want to be left with nobody as what happened last year

Not sure I agree.

Brad, quite famously, said back in Dec “we know our problem area and we are dealing with it. We will bring in quality over quantity”.

If that means upgrading our RWB position, replacing Lewis Walker & Tom Nichols with Josh Walker, and not replacing a now injured Oli Hawkins then I’ll eat my hat.
If you have to eat a hat please can it be one with dangling corks?

Not sure I agree.

I`m with you, OSK. At least two new players to be announced prior to deadline.

Not sure I agree.

Good post.