Transfers - Jan 2024 | Page 125 | Vital Football

Transfers - Jan 2024

I still argue that we're talking up a very young player, who plays his trade in another league, who in reality has, had 1 goodish season it's no guarantee that he'll come good here.
See
Rebrov
Soldado
Jennsen
N'Dombele (FFS)
Soldado had a similar goal scoring ratio to Rooney at the time of signing him (I believe he was one of the top 5 scorers in the major leagues!)

Well I think Nusa is a prime example. Dragusin seemed to drag on for a while and we nearly got gazumped there too.
Again, you shouldn't believe everything that is clickbait. We never 'nearly' got gazumped. bayern tried a late bid on after we'd agreed the deal, happens all the time, it's not worth us wetting our knickers about and attributing anything at all to how and when we get deals concluded.

Every single deal follows a path, and very very rarely is that a smooth one., there are too many vested interests in a deal to be otherwise. The smooth ones, are the exceptions, not the rule.

Not dissapointed with our early signings in the transfers of both Drag and Timo, on the contrary! But to persist about a player who does'nt want to come and whose club does'nt want to do business with us is insane! We have spent a whole month pursuing him wiyh the same responce! Besides, he is only an upgrade on Skippy who may not be good enough but gives his all for the club! Waste of time and energy! Besides who can better a midfield to choose from Maddison, Bentancur, Sarr. Bissouma, Kulu and when called upon Lo Cecio, Skippy, Hoyberg, Gil and Solomon ?

Last edited:
Again, you shouldn't believe everything that is clickbait. We never 'nearly' got gazumped. bayern tried a late bid on after we'd agreed the deal, happens all the time, it's not worth us wetting our knickers about and attributing anything at all to how and when we get deals concluded.

Every single deal follows a path, and very very rarely is that a smooth one., there are too many vested interests in a deal to be otherwise. The smooth ones, are the exceptions, not the rule.

What I'm seeing is a disproportionate amount of bumpy deals for us though.

I'm not that arsed about Nusa.im just concerned about how much time we appear to waste.

What I'm seeing is a disproportionate amount of bumpy deals for us though.

I'm not that arsed about Nusa.im just concerned about how much time we appear to waste.
I think those of us sitting at home give too much credibility to what we read in the press and these so called transfer gurus that Sky Sports have on each day. Truth is they need something to discuss so any little rumours are blown out of all proportion. In reality none of us have a clue how hard we are pressing to get certain deals completed. Important thing is when we do sign a player they are of the required quality.

Do we really need a 5th CB when we have 4 in our ranks already? Unless we're moving one on (hopefully not) we should concentrate on our MF or the lack of one at the moment.
'Strong interest' means that our senior scouts are watching him...when senior scouts want to watch a player, it's a common curtsey to let the players club know, as they're provide seating FOC - then the clubs PR/marketing will also be told, for JIT coverage.

that's when the media are told....and so, it becomes 'Strong interest'..

'Strong interest' means that our senior scouts are watching him...when senior scouts want to watch a player, it's a common curtsey to let the players club know, as they're provide seating FOC - then the clubs PR/marketing will also be told, for JIT coverage.

that's when the media are told....and so, it becomes 'Strong interest'..
The media outlets are really desperate then.

I'm wondering with all this FFP, will we actually see a realignment of player prices/wages?
Are the days of bang average players hitting 40 odd mil over.
So are clubs holding back
Because of FFP
Or because the price of players, will drop like a stone.
Something needs to happen to keep TWs alive.

Links to the 24 year old Polish attacking midfielder Sebastian Szymanski are interesting, he only joined Fenerbache in the summer but has 12 goals and 14 assists in 35 games. Anyone know anything about him?