Do you believe we are in the title race? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Do you believe we are in the title race?

Can we win the PL?

• Yes, unquestionable

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Possible but will need alot of luck

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Nope, top 4 at best

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Not a chance, even of top 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Said the same. It's unlikely that a team that gets 1 point from 15 finishes top at the end of the season. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Saying that, I do feel that 1 point from 15 is unlikely to happen again with the strengthening we've done.
But it is worth being upbeat, Romero and VDV back and soon a couple more. It will be ridiculous how good we can be, when we have almost a fully fit and available squad - probably the best we've had since we finished 2nd..

Last edited:
"
Richarlison and since the start of December, no player has scored more goals in the league than him, only Dominic Solanke has also scored six in that time.

In fact, those six goals are as many as the Brazil international netted in his previous 47 combined appearances beforehand.

When the ball hit the back of the net, Postecoglou whipped around and punched the air with a roar of delight at the dugout at Old Trafford and then seemingly up at the director's box. He was asked after the game who he had been aiming that first roar at.

"There's no mysteries mate, you can ask that question," he said. "Yeah, Ryan Mason is in charge of attacking set-pieces. He's done an outstanding job all year. Mile [Jedinak as well] in charge of defensive set-pieces I thought we were brilliant. We've been really good in that space all year and it's a credit to both.

"All the coaches put in a real big shift this week. We knew we were going to have players in there playing their first game for a while or first time ever and all of them to a man did an outstanding job to prepare the team."

It reminded me of when Mason and Wells hugged it out after Kane's goal last season.

Kane must have taken 100 free kicks and missed the lot over a 5 year period. Mason and Wells concocted the new free-kick routine on the training ground which shifted the ball first and allowed it to be moving when Kane kicked it. It was a fantastic goal.

I know a lot of people had a downer on Mason staying. I'm glad he stayed put. I'm also glad we rescued Wells from his various stints with Scotty Parker. After all, Wells is Cliff Jones grandson and wouldn't we all love that man to see his beloved Spurs win a trophy again.

But it is worth being upbeat, Romer and VDV back and soon a couple more. It will be ridiculous how good we can be, when we have almost a fully fit and available squad - probably the best we've had since we finished 2nd..

It's an interesting comparison.

Poch had an amazing first eleven - Hugo; Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose; Dembele, Wanyama; Dele, Erisken, Sonny; Kane.

However, when you think how much Dier and Davies played that season, he clearly had some other depth. Trips, Winks and Lamela spring to mind.

We must be very close to that level now. However, it's what Gary and I were chatting about earlier i.e the forward line. A 24/25 year old Kane was immense whilst Dele had something that doesn't exist in this squad even though we can draw the Erisken / Madds comparison.

86 points was amazing, but then we went into a zero net spending summer. The Auriers, Llorentes and Sanchez's turned up with Moura joining in the following Jan you could tell we would start heading the other direction.

We absolutely won't this time. This is probably the first time that we really get to feel the true impact on the pitch of the stadium project and the new financial model.

You know yr stats - just
We've scored 8 goals from set pieces in the PL this season so far. That's joint third. Only Arsenal and Everton (11) have scored more. We're doing okay in that department.
you know your stats but it just looks like we dont when i watch the games .. bet we are top for offside though

But it is worth being upbeat, Romero and VDV back and soon a couple more. It will be ridiculous how good we can be, when we have almost a fully fit and available squad - probably the best we've had since we finished 2nd..
Bloody hell, our bench will be incredible with everybody fit, I'm struggling to even pick who'd make it into the match day squad!

Forster
Emerson
Dragusin
Davies/Sess
Hojberg/Skipp
Bissouma
Johnson/Solomon/Werner/Gil
Veliz

I'm sure I've missed one or two, that's what we'd have to call upon to change a game. Madness

Bloody hell, our bench will be incredible with everybody fit, I'm struggling to even pick who'd make it into the match day squad!

Forster
Emerson
Dragusin
Davies/Sess
Hojberg/Skipp
Bissouma
Johnson/Solomon/Werner/Gil
Veliz

I'm sure I've missed one or two, that's what we'd have to call upon to change a game. Madness

The other day, I mapped our best match day squad as this...

Venom, Forster, Emerson, Porro, Udogie, VDV, Romero, Dragusin, Bents, Biss, Sarr, Gio, Madds, Kulu, BJ, Solomon, Werner, Sonny, Richi, ?????

That last place is now between Gil, Davies, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Donley. Veliz, Scarlett.

I can imagine if we push forward and buy another centre mid then that is where the last place goes.

The problem of course is that we are unlikely ever to see it because of the training and match day demands on the players. Ange will continue to push players to the limit and will need all 25 of his players to cover the gaps.

The other day, I mapped our best match day squad as this...

Venom, Forster, Emerson, Porro, Udogie, VDV, Romero, Dragusin, Bents, Biss, Sarr, Gio, Madds, Kulu, BJ, Solomon, Werner, Sonny, Richi, ?????

That last place is now between Gil, Davies, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Donley. Veliz, Scarlett.

I can imagine if we push forward and buy another centre mid then that is where the last place goes.

The problem of course is that we are unlikely ever to see it because of the training and match day demands on the players. Ange will continue to push players to the limit and will need all 25 of his players to cover the gaps.
That's a bloody good squad with very few gaps! We definitely need quality 'plan-C' options, every club has them with these gems coming out of nowhere.

So do people think our best starting 11 is:

Vicario
Pedro Porro - Romero - Van de Ven - Udogie
Sarr - Bentancur
Kulusevski - Maddison - Son
Richarlison

?

10 pick itself I'd say (maybe Bissouma for Sarr) and it's down to Richarlison or Werner. I'll edge towards Werner as I'd rather Son up front.

So do people think our best starting 11 is:

Vicario
Pedro Porro - Romero - Van de Ven - Udogie
Sarr - Bentancur
Kulusevski - Maddison - Son
Richarlison

?
We haven't real seen Sarr in the number 6 role so in the current set up it seems to be a choice between Sarr and Bentancur not Sarr and Bissouma.

Maybe Ange has other ideas once, or I should say, if ever, all of them are available at the same time.

Being DOGGED by injuries, just as we were beginning to get somewhere, was annoying. But I do believe we can get much further up. Getting our crew back will be interesting plus getting the new players sorted will be a revelation. Yes is my answer. We CAN GET BETTER AND CLIMB. There we are I’m shouting again. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!! Get yer fingers out.

By The way to those of you who have been close mates over the years who I’ve discussed personal things with. I’d like you to know that in October I lost my Helen of Over 50 years. Just now coming out of the woods a bit. As you know, many of you, I’m a Christian believer and God has always been my main stay in life and in this crisis has he’s also been that. Thanks for your support by the way in the past. My understanding and feeling go out to those of you who have endured like me or are still enduring the loss.

’Welshtel’.

Being DOGGED by injuries, just as we were beginning to get somewhere, was annoying. But I do believe we can get much further up. Getting our crew back will be interesting plus getting the new players sorted will be a revelation. Yes is my answer. We CAN GET BETTER AND CLIMB. There we are I’m shouting again. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!! Get yer fingers out.

By The way to those of you who have been close mates over the years who I’ve discussed personal things with. I’d like you to know that in October I lost my Helen of Over 50 years. Just now coming out of the woods a bit. As you know, many of you, I’m a Christian believer and God has always been my main stay in life and in this crisis has he’s also been that. Thanks for your support by the way in the past. My understanding and feeling go out to those of you who have endured like me or are still enduring the loss.

’Welshtel’.

My heartfelt condolences mate. I hope this fellowship also brings you some little comfort in these dark days.

’Welshtel’.
Sorry to hear that Welshtel. Your wife will be in a better place now I am so glad your strong faith has sustained you.

’Welshtel’.

So sorry for your loss.

As the others have said, we're always happy to see you posting on VS.