Season tickets | Page 5 | Vital Football

Season tickets

Like I said always been poor local rag always been more of a rugby paper. Be even more now they have won something. Is there any posters around town. I’ve not seen any or on buses like they do in Blackburn. Or they used tom

No loss whatsoever. It was still an announcement by the Chairman and should be done in a way that reaches us all not just a few. I don’t know many people who like or use twitter of any age. Thankfully. No doubt you cannot accept my point of view and will once act one back for the last word
I don’t use Twitter.

No loss whatsoever. It was still an announcement by the Chairman and should be done in a way that reaches us all not just a few. I don’t know many people who like or use twitter of any age. Thankfully. No doubt you cannot accept my point of view and will once act one back for the last word
As of this post, 321.1 thousand people currently follow Wigan Athletic on Twitter. But that doesn't matter, because Taff57 from Vital Latics doesn't know many people who uses it!

As of this post, 321.1 thousand people currently follow Wigan Athletic on Twitter. But that doesn't matter, because Taff57 from Vital Latics doesn't know many people who uses it!
I think what he's saying is pretty much we need to target fans that don't even know they want to go watch a Wigan game yet, as well as those who have expressed an interest.

Like I said always been poor local rag always been more of a rugby paper. Be even more now they have won something. Is there any posters around town. I’ve not seen any or on buses like they do in Blackburn. Or they used tom
Not directed at you oooootbaw, just tagged onto your post
Posters are classed as a promotional method in the 4 Ps of marketing (product, price, promotion, place)

Posters are a form of advertising (a paid for form) that only reach a local area.
The world wide web (the Internet is just a load of connected computers) has a wide audience, is essentially free but does have costs when done professionally- staff to create content.

So what do we want, local advertising or global reach?

I've never been advertised to on Facebook, Google etc.

We do a good job of fan management, but our fan outreach has always been pretty lacking outside of the Wigan area. I've never heard or seen a school or football team here being given tickets .

You've never been advertised to on FB? Are you sure? Unless you've changed your settings (which of course, you can absolutely do - just like on twitter) then I'm fairly certain that you have, simply based on your search history. Same with any search engine.

As for schools and local junior teams, I'm not sure where you're located, but you're very mistaken. I know that our village junior team (8 miles away from Wigan) have been on at least 2 occasions recently, resulting in (as you rightly say) some new young fans ... plus a parent or two obviously.

I don't want the "last word" Taff ...... just need to put you straight re some numbers.

You say "reaches us all, nit just a few" - I presume when you say "all", you must mean "all fans who go to matches" ....... so at best, even allowing for those who go once in a month of Sundays, around 15,000 people.

By comparison, Talal has a twitter following of 14,700, whilst the club account has a following of around 321,000. I reckon that's catching some of those who might be in the category of "potential new regular attenders of games".

I've no problem whatsoever if you (and those you know) don't use, or don't like Twitter. That's your prerogative, and I fully accept it.

Feel free to come back again Taff. As I said, this isn't about the last word. Just getting things straight. I have to say though that if you decide to stay off the social media comms from the club, you'll be missing out. It's very simple to use. No need for you to post anything yourself whatsoever ....... just receive the notifications from the accounts you follow. Try it.

You've never been advertised to on FB? Are you sure? Unless you've changed your settings (which of course, you can absolutely do - just like on twitter) then I'm fairly certain that you have, simply based on your search history. Same with any search engine.

As for schools and local junior teams, I'm not sure where you're located, but you're very mistaken. I know that our village junior team (8 miles away from Wigan) have been on at least 2 occasions recently, resulting in (as you rightly say) some new young fans ... plus a parent or two obviously.
Warrington. Huge possible market for people who don't really have a team, but follow <x> club.

Not changed any settings and never been advertiser to. "Fairly certain you have", what a ludicrous thing to say..... You are also getting Facebook and Googles advertising mixed up. Facebook wouldn't have data on what you search via search engines, and their advertising is more on your interests or implied interests.

Warrington. Huge possible market for people who don't really have a team, but follow <x> club.

Not changed any settings and never been advertiser to. "Fairly certain you have", what a ludicrous thing to say..... You are also getting Facebook and Googles advertising mixed up. Facebook wouldn't have data on what you search via search engines, and their advertising is more on your interests or implied interests.

Warrington ... fair enough ... though I suspect (at 15 miles) that would take it out of any targetted catchment area

Re the advertising, I said "fairly certain" simply because that's how they're set up. I'm not getting anything mixed up. When you look at other FB sites, then FB will show you adverts based on your (FB) searches ...... or interests as you say.

I mentioned search engines as you mentioned Google ......... I didn't suggest that FB will reflect your Google (other other SE) searches ......... but the search engines themselves do.

I don't understand why anyone needs to know how many tickets have been sold as long as they have purchased their own. However if you are so desperate to know then why not ask the club directly through the SLO instead of coming on here and moaning.

Moaning? Who is moaning? It's just out of interest. Nothing more. Is it wrong to be interested in our club? The club you were carried over the turnstiles to watch 65 years ago. Is it so bad to want to just be informed on interesting things like transfers, prices, sales, friendlies etc? I don't think so. It's what we've always done. My cock waving Mackem mates were absolutely waving their dicks for England with news they have sold 26,000 season tickets so far and the same with Bolton and Preston fans I know. They ask me and it's the same answer to them all. I don't know, nobody tells us at Wigan. They can't believe it.

Moaning? Who is moaning? It's just out of interest. Nothing more. Is it wrong to be interested in our club? The club you were carried over the turnstiles to watch 65 years ago. Is it so bad to want to just be informed on interesting things like transfers, prices, sales, friendlies etc? I don't think so. It's what we've always done. My cock waving Mackem mates were absolutely waving their dicks for England with news they have sold 26,000 season tickets so far and the same with Bolton and Preston fans I know. They ask me and it's the same answer to them all. I don't know, nobody tells us at Wigan. They can't believe it.

OK, so you're not moaning.

How about asking for the information that you want from the club directly then?

Maybe if you and others contact them they will understand that there is a need for them to put this information out. They may be unaware that some fans are interested in facts and figures regarding season tickets.

As far as transfers go, I would never expect them to be releasing information on them until they are finalised.

What prices would you like to see?

I doubt that they have arranged any friendlies yet and to my knowledge they are always advertised on the website. Oh I forgot you don't go on there.

Apparently in Preston's case it was not the club themselves that pushed the sales it was the supporters who took it upon themselves to distribute leaflets and flood social media with the "early bird" prices being offered. Perhaps someone should organise our fans to do a similar push.