The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century

When we scored it was unbelievable. I expected a goal to become absolutely raucus in the stands, but I think a lot of people were like me- couldn't believe it had happened or understand where it had come from
Or like me were expecting VAR to intervene and find some miniscule reason in the build up to chalk it off

People will say we are favourites to go down etc etc, but we have the capacity now to strengthen the side /squad and, with good recruitment, who knows? I’m just grateful to have the opportunity.

My biggest concern is realistically there's a chance we could struggle and the manager gets sacked after all that he's done for us this season

But the more I think about our fans will make every game a cup final

And we've seen this season Premier League teams struggle with the intensity we create at The City Ground

That will give us a chance

Well what a day!
It started with absolute bedlam @ Nottingham Station. I was booked on the 1st train @ 07:24 - we knew it would be hectic so got there early @ 6:00am - yes 6:00am. Down on the platform in plenty of time stood right at the front - everything going to plan until the 5 carriage train arrived which stopped further down the platform from where we were! Carnage for ten minutes whilst i somehow managed to get onto the train. Just made it the door closed behind me. Unfortunately I was the only one of six of us that managed to get on the train and we pulled off with my friends, my match ticket and train ticket still on the platform behind me.
The train journey down was a journey from hell - squeezed in like flies, surrounded by weed smoking, pill popping, pissed up wankers!
I held my peace and just waited for the journey to end! - My mates got a taxi across to Nottm Parkway and got the next train down from Derby, a nice 10 carriage train with seats for all. They only arrived @ St Pancras 20 mins after me.

Things could only get better - and they did. Went on to have a few beers, bumped into long lost friends that I hadn't seen for years, enjoyed drinks and banter with the Huddersfield fans. Met up with my brother who had flown in from Hamburg first thing in the morning. Over to Wembley to soak up the atmosphere - wow what a stadium, a far cry from the old one i remember from our regular visits in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Then to the game itself - certainly not the best - but who cares! Our fans were brilliant, the noise, the atmosphere, the post match celebrations. We are are premier league!

Now for the journey home - not one i was looking forward to! I worried about nothing, sat on the floor in 1st class, had a good sing song and walked through the door @ 11:00pm - 18hrs after leaving in the morning to contemplate one of the most enjoyable days I have had in a long, long time.

As someone said earlier - let's worry about the Premier League next week. Now is a time for celebration.

This was Wembley Concourse lower tier

Was like this for at least 90 minutes before game started

With flares and pyrotechnics at various times as well!!

Wasn't like this at Old Wembley games we had for sure!!

I'm glad I drove. It was a ballache back due to something at Watford, that I never actually saw but delayed us forever.

I told my missus and daughter we were leaving no later then 10. 10:34 we got in the car.

Then it was, can we just get something from McDonald's. 20 mins later we was finally on the M1.

Loads of Reds on the M1 screaming out their car windows. Loads of thumbs up with our scarves out the window.

Took the back route in down finchley lane and was parked up at 13:11 in the pink car park. So just over 2 hours.

We nipped up to see the Bobby Moore statue the went down to the purple zone to go in the ground. Jermaine Jenas was at the door welcoming fans!!!

We went up to the atrium restaurant which looks over wembley way. It was a solid sea of red.

The place was buzzing.

At 15:45 I rounded up the family and we went to our seats. All those empty seats Huddersfield. What an absolute waste.

Unlike young AC the match dragged terribly for me. There was quite a few positives. They were pretty ineffective everywhere but their left hand side but we were so slow in the build up as they sat deep in 2 banks, one of 5 one of 4.

Worrall got skinned quite a few times and I was thinking as the occasion got to him? Same with Jonno. His work off the ball was poor, and if it wasn't into his feet he seemed disinterested.

I still thought we would win though because defensively, Djed, Cook, McKenna and the mighty Jack Colback were outstanding. Then we had a change of shape. I thought wtf? Why? The tide turned and it was us defending in 2 tight banks and them be too slow.

6 mins of added time. It was obvious where that came from but was it really 6 mins because it felt longer?

When the whistle blew, I've not seen scenes and raw emotion like that for years. I just started bawling! When they went for the presentation I had to go back to the restaurant because I was a wreck.

We waited for a hour in the ground for everything to clear (big mistake, it didnt).

On the way back to the car, I heard a beep beep, and someone pushed me slightly in the back. It was a group of small fat boys in blue jogging to a street robbery. Some old tricky had been robbed at knife point in the secure car park. *****

We got in at 11:30 absolutely drained. This morning it feels so surreal. Work can fuck right off
I knew I’d struggle when Mull of Kintyre was sung before the game and I was crying like a baby. After, I was even worse. I will never forget it.

Our seats were amazing, right next to VIP and close to where the trophy was presented. By the way, Vicky McClure is fit as fuck, never really seen it before, but she looked hot 🔥

Just woke up here in Canada, huge hangover and an incredible all day session with my Son in the bank.

Unbelievable. So many of my mates back home were there, and I just want to know how loud were we, did we sing for the entire game, how was the noise when we scored and at the final whistle? I need to live this vicariously through all of you who went? :-)

So, so, so proud!!! And i also think we will the World Cup this year. Derby down, Forest up, England world cup

I was relatively calm yesterday watching the game with my dad in Notts. Can't stop crying today. Congrats to everyone who went and everyone who has supported us this year. We are such a great club and we will grace the PL.

A word for Huddersfield. They performed well on the day and have a very good manager. He did himself and the club proud yesterday. Best of luck to them next year.