The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Wembley Playoff Final Thread; Huddersfield Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by every loyal supporter of the 21st Century

Just an incredible day. We got on the motorway at 9am and it was full of Reds - plenty of horn honking and fist pumping along the way.

Weirdly the game seemed to go by in a flash for me. Usually big games tend to drag on, especially when defending a lead, but I just felt absolutely sure we were going to do it.

Some of us have only ever known Forest to be shite, with the odd decent season here and there but no real success. Steve Cooper and these players have given us something to be extremely proud of.

As others have said it was a dreadful game of football, but those scenes at full time were something else. I'll never forget yesterday.

COYR

My overwhelming feel of happiness and joy is starting to be interrupted by pangs of realism about how difficult it will be to stay up.

We need a bit of an overhaul to stay up. And Cooper to stay. Marinakis has a twitchy trigger finger when things go south

1. 2 new left wing backs

2. 2 new centre mids

3. Keinan and a prolific goal scorer

4. Spence in

August ain’t that far away. Jesus Christ we are in the prem!!!!!!!

My overwhelming feel of happiness and joy is starting to be interrupted by pangs of realism about how difficult it will be to stay up.

We need a bit of an overhaul to stay up. And Cooper to stay. Marinakis has a twitchy trigger finger when things go south

1. 2 new left wing backs

2. 2 new centre mids

3. Keinan and a prolific goal scorer

4. Spence in

August ain’t that far away. Jesus Christ we are in the prem!!!!!!!
I'm declaring this to be next week's worry

I'm glad I drove. It was a ballache back due to something at Watford, that I never actually saw but delayed us forever.

I told my missus and daughter we were leaving no later then 10. 10:34 we got in the car.

Then it was, can we just get something from McDonald's. 20 mins later we was finally on the M1.

Loads of Reds on the M1 screaming out their car windows. Loads of thumbs up with our scarves out the window.

Took the back route in down finchley lane and was parked up at 13:11 in the pink car park. So just over 2 hours.

We nipped up to see the Bobby Moore statue the went down to the purple zone to go in the ground. Jermaine Jenas was at the door welcoming fans!!!

We went up to the atrium restaurant which looks over wembley way. It was a solid sea of red.

The place was buzzing.

At 15:45 I rounded up the family and we went to our seats. All those empty seats Huddersfield. What an absolute waste.

Unlike young AC the match dragged terribly for me. There was quite a few positives. They were pretty ineffective everywhere but their left hand side but we were so slow in the build up as they sat deep in 2 banks, one of 5 one of 4.

Worrall got skinned quite a few times and I was thinking as the occasion got to him? Same with Jonno. His work off the ball was poor, and if it wasn't into his feet he seemed disinterested.

I still thought we would win though because defensively, Djed, Cook, McKenna and the mighty Jack Colback were outstanding. Then we had a change of shape. I thought wtf? Why? The tide turned and it was us defending in 2 tight banks and them be too slow.

6 mins of added time. It was obvious where that came from but was it really 6 mins because it felt longer?

When the whistle blew, I've not seen scenes and raw emotion like that for years. I just started bawling! When they went for the presentation I had to go back to the restaurant because I was a wreck.

We waited for a hour in the ground for everything to clear (big mistake, it didnt).

On the way back to the car, I heard a beep beep, and someone pushed me slightly in the back. It was a group of small fat boys in blue jogging to a street robbery. Some old tricky had been robbed at knife point in the secure car park. *****

We got in at 11:30 absolutely drained. This morning it feels so surreal. Work can fuck right off

Last edited:
Well cahps we did it. Was a complete mess, bawled my eyes out. Still feel like crying now.

For the last 16 years in london have watched weekend footy with my 'premier league mates' and finally we can join em again.

Was crying from pride, joy and relief.

Delighted for NLtree and was thinking of everyone ere.

The game was shit but we obviously deserved it for the season. Personally i think the colback one might have been given and the lowe one was unfortunately a penalty.

Payback for the crime against football at the wfcg imo

Joe made me start crying again and so did cooper. Fook me i dont know where its all coming from!

Thx to the fans who picked jordan b up after falling over the seats celebrating the goal. He is ok.

Off to soho when he wakes up to buy the most expensive bottle of whiskey mrs radz has ever permitted. I can at least sniff it atm

Now that cooper and the boys have destroyed all the historical monkeys on our backs they have restarted our football history and i have not been this excited since the svc days.

The club, the city, we all needed this badly and dare i say it, was almost worth the wait!

I'm glad I drove. It was a ballache back due to something at Watford, that I never actually saw but delayed us forever.

I told my missus and daughter we were leaving no later then 10. 10:34 we got in the car.

Then it was, can we just get something from McDonald's. 20 mins later we was finally on the M1.

Loads of Reds on the M1 screaming out their car windows. Loads of thumbs up with our scarves out the window.

Took the back route in down finchley lane and was parked up at 13:11 in the pink car park. So just over 2 hours.

We nipped up to see the Bobby Moore statue the when down to the purple zone to go in the ground. Jermaine Jenas was at the door welcoming fans!!!

We went up to the atrium restaurant which looks over wembley way. It was a solid sea of red.

The place was buzzing.

At 15:45 I rounded up the family and we went to our seats. All those empty seats Huddersfield. What an absolute waste.

Unlike young AC the match dragged terribly for me. There was quite a few positives. They were pretty ineffective everywhere but their left hand side but we were so slow in the build up as they sat deep in 2 banks, one of 5 one of 4.

Worrall got skinned quite a few times and I was thinking as the occasion got to him? Same with Jonno. His work off the ball was poor, and if it wasn't into his feet he seemed disinterested.

I still thought we would win though because defensively, Djed, Cook, McKenna and the mighty Jack Colback were outstanding. Then we had a change of shape. I thought wtf? Why? The tide turned and it was us defending in 2 tight banks and them be too slow.

6 mins of added time. It was obvious where that came from but was it really 6 mins because it felt longer?

When the whistle blew, I've not seen scenes and raw emotion like that for years. I just started bawling! When they went for the presentation I had to go back to the restaurant because I was a wreck.

We waited for a hour in the ground for everything to clear (big mistake, it didnt).

On the way back to the car, I heard a beep beep, and someone pushed me slightly in the back. It was a group of small fat boys in blue jogging to a street robbery. Some old tricky had been robbed at knife point in the secure car park. *****

We got in at 11:30 absolutely drained. This morning it feels so surreal. Work can fuck right off
you nearly got away with it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

1653896784339.png

We nipped up to see the Bobby Moore statue the when down to the purple zone to go in the ground. Jermaine Jenas was at the door welcoming fans!!!

The place was buzzing.

We got stuck in that on the way home too. Some clown Huddersfield fan was hanging out his window trying to pull Forest scarves off cars, including ours. I told him to fuck off.

We hit a bit of a standstill on the way down just past Luton too. Reds were all around so I blasted out Just Can't Get Enough - fans singing and fist pumping out their cars while stuck on the M1. Just brilliant.

Hope we don't have to wait so long for another trip to Wembley, everything about yesterday was incredible.