Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 364 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Our chief negotiator ladies and gentleman… how can any Brexiteer with half a brain think that what has happened over the past 5 years with a car crash of immigration and financial cost be good for this country?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-single-market-lord-frost-b1963535.html?amp

Most Brexiteers are retired or near retirement so they don't care about the cost.

The other thing is that £1,500 is the average. It's not going to cost the elderly or the upper class. We all know who is going to bear that cost, it's middle class working professionals. People like you, Dan.

I read something recently which really surprised me. It was by a person in their 20s talking about how the older generation has completely fucked them.

They have to take on massive student loans to get through university, which was free to the older generation.

They graduate into a gig economy job market with no security.

They can't afford to buy a house and they can barely afford to rent because the older generation have stitched up the housing market. And they have lost the past 2 years of their lives to Covid restrictions to protect the elderly.

I'm not part of that generation but I can sympathise with them.

The Trump/Brexit phenomena was the older generation flexing their declining power. I suspect we are going to see a big youth push back in the next decade.

Stats already showed massive younger support for Biden in the 2020 election. Most were first time voters. Like you say, the pushback has started already.

I used to help the elderly with their finances, and many were worried about their pensions and cost of living. They still voted Tory, despite the fact Labour offered the better options for them in the future, especially regarding their state pension.

Having done some doorstep canvassing, most people vote for a different party to the views they think are important. It's a very odd world we live in.

Most Brexiteers are retired or near retirement so they don't care about the cost.

The other thing is that £1,500 is the average. It's not going to cost the elderly or the upper class. We all know who is going to bear that cost, it's middle class working professionals. People like you, Dan.

I read something recently which really surprised me. It was by a person in their 20s talking about how the older generation has completely fucked them.

They have to take on massive student loans to get through university, which was free to the older generation.

They graduate into a gig economy job market with no security.

They can't afford to buy a house and they can barely afford to rent because the older generation have stitched up the housing market. And they have lost the past 2 years of their lives to Covid restrictions to protect the elderly.

I'm not part of that generation but I can sympathise with them.

The Trump/Brexit phenomena was the older generation flexing their declining power. I suspect we are going to see a big youth push back in the next decade.

Absolutely. I will suffer financially however I’m lucky enough to have got to an age and salary that £150 per month wouldn’t cripple me (if it’s that linear which it isn’t). The amount of people who are on low salaries living month to month on their pay cheque, that sort of hit (on average) would bite hard. It’s not the average that’s the problem, it’s that jobs dry up - so someone on £20k a year might be fine for the next two decades whereas another might see their job go across the English Channel.

I do think the 60+ largely Brexit voting ages will suffer, it’ll be less financial and more on the receiving end of health and care labour shortages given how many European nurses and care workers we have.

But why shouldn’t that generation suffer? My kids are going to suffer financially and opportunistically from the decisions those in older generation made on their behalf. It’s all fair game

Yes it was free if you could get into a university. In the time you reference only the very highest percentage of students met the entry requirements for the old universities.
Then along came Blair, who decreed that every man and his dog should go university.
Every college in the UK suddenly achieved university status overnight, together with a whole new lot of degrees that were useless to get a job.
With regard to your comments re the older generation cornering the housing market, absolute bullshit.
Yes we bought a house, but it's not the fault of older people that the housing market in the UK is disfuncional. Blame successive government's for not building enough houses, blame the bailed out bank's for not lending, blame the big builders for sitting on massive land banks but don't blame my generation for something that is beyond our control.
I have two kids in the same boat as all the others kids in this country.

Stats already showed massive younger support for Biden in the 2020 election. Most were first time voters. Like you say, the pushback has started already.

I used to help the elderly with their finances, and many were worried about their pensions and cost of living. They still voted Tory, despite the fact Labour offered the better options for them in the future, especially regarding their state pension.

Having done some doorstep canvassing, most people vote for a different party to the views they think are important. It's a very odd world we live in.
People are frightened to vote Labour given the very strong connection with the hard left.
Its up to Starmer to clearly demonstrate that he can clear them out and make them electable again.

l
Yes we bought a house, but it's not the fault of older people that the housing market in the UK is disfuncional.

Indirectly, I think it is because these parties know their voters and know what the vote winners are. As older people generally vote (unlike the young and that’s a huge problem) who own the wealth, it isn’t a vote winner to build a million new homes on green belt land to increase supply, suppress property prices and stifle the rental market.

My parents vote for what they want and what they think only, they don’t vote for the benefit of future generations. It’s a small sample, but I doubt they’re the only ones.

Yes it was free if you could get into a university. In the time you reference only the very highest percentage of students met the entry requirements for the old universities.
Then along came Blair, who decreed that every man and his dog should go university.
Every college in the UK suddenly achieved university status overnight, together with a whole new lot of degrees that were useless to get a job.
With regard to your comments re the older generation cornering the housing market, absolute bullshit.
Yes we bought a house, but it's not the fault of older people that the housing market in the UK is disfuncional. Blame successive government's for not building enough houses, blame the bailed out bank's for not lending, blame the big builders for sitting on massive land banks but don't blame my generation for something that is beyond our control.
I have two kids in the same boat as all the others kids in this country.

Yes, not everyone has benefitted. The rich get richer and all that. It depends on how you want to divide up society. If you look at it from old vs young, the old own all of the houses and are shafting the young. You could also look at it from natives vs immigrants or men vs women or cis gender vs transgender or whatever way you like.

Personally, I prefer to look at it as human beings together and changing the laws that create the imbalances to create a fairer society but that has losers too. No landlord would vote for me and my policies, put it that way.

Indirectly, I think it is because these parties know their voters and know what the vote winners are. As older people generally vote (unlike the young and that’s a huge problem) who own the wealth, it isn’t a vote winner to build a million new homes on green belt land to increase supply, suppress property prices and stifle the rental market.

My parents vote for what they want and what they think only, they don’t vote for the benefit of future generations. It’s a small sample, but I doubt they’re the only ones.
Only this week it has been identified that 1.25 million homes could be built on existing brown field sites without touching green belt.
As for older people voting to keep prices high and suppress the housing supply, I really think you are reading to much into it.
The amount of landlords out there are not old people, they are professional landlords,who have many properties in their portfolios, the pension providers, the Asian community who have amassed big portfolios in their own community.
I know you see everything in terms of young against old, but I can't help but wonder how you will feel when your home has gone up in value.

Enjoyed this read. We’re still in a bickering and tit for tat exchange on important issues, including the deaths of migrants which are treated as a trivial matter. Time for a more strategic approach to all issues, which is why Bozo needs to go because three words slogans or letters published on Twitter aren’t the solution…

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/after-b...wness-of-global-britain-is-undeniable-1323838

Saw something this morning saying the biggest danger to this country doesn't come from immigrants from Iran etc but from Eton lol.

If only people had warned that this could/would happen!

BREXIT DELAYS: Delays to cross-Channel trade are still worsening almost a year after Brexit checks came in, says a study also highlighting rising costs and key staff shunning the UK. No less than 79 per cent of firms trading with France reported hold-ups in the three months to September – crucially, 6 per cent more than in the second quarter of the year.The delays are also lengthening, with 42 per cent of businesses taking an additional two to three weeks to import goods compared to 28 per cent in the April-June period.Some 82 per cent of firms say logistic costs have risen for imports and 43 per cent for exports, the survey by the French Chamber of Great Britain found.And 30 per cent cut staff “directly as a result of Brexit” – some reporting problems in “attracting European talent to the UK”, following the divorce from the EU.