The World Cup Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

Hi Mike, seems Spurs have now changed their tune, and want blood.
Never know what to believe do you.

No, I said at the time I couldn't find confirmation of Spurs announcing a similar agreement, but it's certainly gone tits up with today's reports. And presumably with the Argentine FA confirming Emi's returns, there has been nothing about the Spurs duo.

I used to phone in work and tell them I was taking the day off for an emergency and ask if I could take it as a holiday, invariably there would be a "you know it should be 3 weeks notice " but ok as it's you. In other words best not upset me and I owed them one as well

See I always had permission

So after all the commotion, accusations, presumptions etc etc….our two are returning as planned originally? And unlike the two Spurs lads, we’ve still got two happy players who return without having fallen out with the club? So all in all, it wasn’t really worth getting wound up about. As quite a few said this time last week, I don’t think the club could have done much more as the players were clearly going whatever happened. A compromise was seemingly the best way of dealing with a difficult situation. So it would seem nobody at B6 really deserves a bollocking after all and any bollockings should perhaps be saved for some of the incompetents over in South America! Can’t wait for episode 2 in October!

So after all the commotion, accusations, presumptions etc etc….our two are returning as planned originally? And unlike the two Spurs lads, we’ve still got two happy players who return without having fallen out with the club? So all in all, it wasn’t really worth getting wound up about. As quite a few said this time last week, I don’t think the club could have done much more as the players were clearly going whatever happened. A compromise was seemingly the best way of dealing with a difficult situation. So it would seem nobody at B6 really deserves a bollocking after all and any bollockings should perhaps be saved for some of the incompetents over in South America! Can’t wait for episode 2 in October!

I think it's been a complete farce, we have lost our record signing and he didn't even play a game or a Minute and our keeper played in a game I could have kept goal in.
Poorly handles by all concerned, everyone has lost out

So after all the commotion, accusations, presumptions etc etc….our two are returning as planned originally?
Yeah after having to hotfoot it out of Brazil to avoid arrest and now lets see what merriment they can get upto in Croatia on a 10 day all inclusive. the tone of your note suggests people at the club should be getting accolades for this :ROFLMAO:

24 hours later and I still find it incredible with instant social media and search engines evidence, the Argies thought they could lie about their players not having been in the U.K. within the last 14 days. The audacity is incredible.

Last edited:
Yeah after having to hotfoot it out of Brazil to avoid arrest and now lets see what merriment they can get upto in Croatia on a 10 day all inclusive. the tone of your note suggests people at the club should be getting accolades for this :ROFLMAO:

Yep, will always stick up the club in most situations, I think that’s what most ‘supporters’ tend to do. Will criticise when I think it’s fair and reasonable. Much prefer to do that rather than constantly talking the club down. And as for your point above. What exactly has them hotfooting it out of Brazil got to do with AVFC exactly? Blame the players for daring to travel if you want to, no need to talk the club down on this one in my opinion but you seem to do it constantly tbh so perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised.

I think it's been a complete farce, we have lost our record signing and he didn't even play a game or a Minute and our keeper played in a game I could have kept goal in.
Poorly handles by all concerned, everyone has lost out

Not denying it’s an utter farce but how should Villa have handled it differently in your opinion ‘57?

Not denying it’s an utter farce but how should Villa have handled it differently in your opinion ‘57?

Follow what the PL clubs voted for mate ie not to release players to red list destinations, it's not hard if they all stick together but in typical British style we'll have a vote and then do our won thing if we don't agree with it.
No, we have to look for loopholes like it's not legally binding or the Argentines are more patriotic than us and it means more to them to play for their country.
Absolute bollocks, you sit them down and say sorry lads we'd like you to stay here but no we don't have the balls, because players hold all the cards at clubs like ours

Follow what the PL clubs voted for mate ie not to release players to red list destinations, it's not hard if they all stick together but in typical British style we'll have a vote and then do our won thing if we don't agree with it.
No, we have to look for loopholes like it's not legally binding or the Argentines are more patriotic than us and it means more to them to play for their country.
Absolute bollocks, you sit them down and say sorry lads we'd like you to stay here but no we don't have the balls, because players hold all the cards at clubs like ours

Yep, ok….so after sitting down which they they may well have done, the two players turn round and say, ‘We understand what you’re saying but we’re still going anyway’….what can the club do now, as I said last week, other than locking them in a room for a week? I don’t see what else they could do if the players are intent on going and from what we can see, that’s exactly what they were going to do from day one, irrespective of what the PL wanted them to do.

Yep, ok….so after sitting down which they they may well have done, the two players turn round and say, ‘We understand what you’re saying but we’re still going anyway’….what can the club do now, as I said last week, other than locking them in a room for a week? I don’t see what else they could do if the players are intent on going and from what we can see, that’s exactly what they were going to do from day one, irrespective of what the PL wanted them to do.
I wonder if those same players would feel the same way after last night's farce, my guessing is no and the South American football federations have done a lot more damage than we ever could

Have you read this and the other international threads? Shamima Begum supports England more than half the posters on here.