2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Krovinovic is Ok. His technical ability is there to see.

The issue is the lack of goals or assists.

People might say that's not a problem, but it depends. Where the fuck else are the goals and assists going to come from?

A 33 year old Grabban, a Taylor that doesn't look suited to us and Lolley who has less than 10 good games per season?

We might as well bring Carvalho back and play him if we wanted a technically good player with almost fuck all end product.

Krovinovic is Ok. His technical ability is there to see.

The issue is the lack of goals or assists.

People might say that's not a problem, but it depends. Where the fuck else are the goals and assists going to come from?

A 33 year old Grabban, a Taylor that doesn't look suited to us and Lolley who has less than 10 good games per season?

We might as well bring Carvalho back and play him if we wanted a technically good player with almost fuck all end product.
And if he was the only player we brought in then I might agree but I am hoping he isn’t. I do hope that we pick him up though because as part of a coherent strategy I think he would be a very good signing.

And if he was the only player we brought in then I might agree but I am hoping he isn’t. I do hope that we pick him up though because as part of a coherent strategy I think he would be a very good signing.

Coherent strategy?! Pmsl.

Aston Villa are one of three top-12 Premier League clubs plotting a summer move for New Zealand striker Chris Wood, and Burnley will demand at least £30m for the 29-year-old

I think what Jock is hinting at is if Burnley get that kind of money for Wood, they will be in a position to up their bid for Worrall.

Personally, I think it will take an exceptional offer for the Club to even consider selling Joe.
I don't see them selling their key striker and using it to fund a defender.

It is likely to cost them more than 30 million to have a good chance of replacing his goals at that level, unless they are very lucky.

I suspect financial prudance rather than financial dearth is behind their reticence to pay what we want

I don't see them selling their key striker and using it to fund a defender.

It is likely to cost them more than 30 million to have a good chance of replacing his goals at that level, unless they are very lucky.

I suspect financial prudance rather than financial dearth is behind their reticence to pay what we want

You could well be correct; Burnley's new owners loaded the Club with debt when the purchased the Club; that will restrict them somewhat.

With regards to Joe Worrall, we have resisted advances from Burnley in the past and I think he is under contract until 2024. But in today's market, if he decides he wants to test himself in the premiership then unfortunately he will be leaving. After all, he is 24 and probably needs a jump in level if he is to progress further.
Hopefully Hughton has has a word and said give me a year with and then see where we are.
My other caveat is COVID. The club have missed out on a year of crowds so are probably down £12-14m in revenue and given we play pretty close to the wind with FFP this might also place some pressure on us financially to sell.

On Krovinovic, playing as a 10 he is not influencing the game with goals and assists enough for me. If we continue with the same formation as last season, he has to play alongside someone like Garner as the midfield two, with another in the 10 role. I'd like to see Carvalho in the 10 role, but perhaps that ship has sailed.

I've not seen enough of Johnson to give an opinion if he could play as a 10, but with Ameobi not being offered new terms, which I find surprising, perhaps Johnson is to battle it out with Lolley on the right or as a 10.

Fantastic.

£2m to be spunked on a 30 year old defender with 18 appearances in the Spanish 2nd Division last season.
Correction

£2m spunked by Swansea on a 30 year old defender with 18 appearances in the Spanish 2nd Division last season.

They failed with a £2m bid.

No doubt we will outbid them because we are serious about building relationships with agents.
Can't remember the last time we seriously outbid anybody.

General rule is that if another club actually want the player, he'll go there. That rule probably works in our favour some of the time and this is one of them

Can't remember the last time we seriously outbid anybody.

General rule is that if another club actually want the player, he'll go there. That rule probably works in our favour some of the time and this is one of them

Yeah. You're right. We don't tend to sign players that other clubs are in for.

If anyone was interested in Jenkinson for example, they would have probably bid less than 500k, but we went straight in there with the £2m.