Prince Philip dead | Page 2 | Vital Football

Prince Philip dead

Really ?
So let’s see who turns up to the funeral.
Obviously Harry will be there but I doubt the compulsive liar wife will be welcome by the nation.
Oh ffs! Give it a rest.

Only one more step and people will be accusing Harry of causing his death.

If we want the BBC for anything, TV or Radio, we must listen to/watch coverage of his death. All TV Channels including Parliament. All radio channels including 5 Live Sports Extra and 6 Music ffs.

I find this more disturbing than the so called limitations put on our freedom in order to save the whole of society from a deadly virus.

Obviously it's a massive story and would be mega covered by BBC1, but every single channel saying exactly the same thing at the same time?

Surely he'll have to quarantine same as the rest? I mean, it's not like he's royalty or anything.
Very true.
Although my post was tongue in cheek Joker the general sentiment remains. What point is there having rules that the population have to adhere to if the elite can then ignore as and when it suits.

It may well the this is an “exceptional circumstance” and there is a work around that will get discovered. Pity some of the 100k + other families didn’t know about it when they’ve all had to arrange and attend funerals for their loved ones over the past year.

Sorry to come so late to the debate.

I agree that the Duke of Edinburgh was part of our National history and deserves a note. He has always been there, and is party of our National history and should be recognized as such.

However all this (I was going to say fornicating) but don't know the correct word, on every single (good) aspect of his life on all news channels is getting on my tits.

In many respects, this was an old bloke who had a good run for his money. Other than that, I don't give a F****

I just wonder how long it will be before the Press comes out with articles about other aspects of his life that the Palace might not be too happy about (guess 5 minutes).

I think there are more pressing issues that our media could be reporting on.

PS - I'm dreading what its going to be like when that old girl Lizzy goes.

Last edited:
Very true.
Although my post was tongue in cheek Joker the general sentiment remains. What point is there having rules that the population have to adhere to if the elite can then ignore as and when it suits.

It may well the this is an “exceptional circumstance” and there is a work around that will get discovered. Pity some of the 100k + other families didn’t know about it when they’ve all had to arrange and attend funerals for their loved ones over the past year.
Have the "elite" ignored the rules then? We'llhave to see. As far as I'm aware, D of E's funeral was always going to be a very scaled down affair, at his own request. Shall we wait until its confirmed before making this yet another thread full of negativity?

Have the "elite" ignored the rules then? We'llhave to see. As far as I'm aware, D of E's funeral was always going to be a very scaled down affair, at his own request. Shall we wait until its confirmed before making this yet another thread full of negativity?

Yep you’re right Nobs, we’ll wait and see. I’ll reserve judgement until we see if the funeral is 30 maximum and no wake allowed.

On another note, bloody masterchef final postponed. ☹️

One thing I will admit that Harry got right is that being part of the Royal Family means that you can not treat the normal events in a life - births, marriages, deaths - with the privacy and calm that you may wish.

A man that has done a lot of good in his life - military record, Duke of Edinburgh awards, support for the Queen over 70+ years, etc - has passed away after a very long and well lived life and I am sure that in the majority of such circumstances his loved ones would want to grieve in private but that is impossible.

I would have had the utmost respect for Harry if he had chosen to leave that life entirely. Unfortunately, he wanted to cherry pick (be half in, half out) whereas Philip always understood what a life in service entailed, even giving up his much loved navy career and accepting a degree of press intrusion.

I still haven't forgiven the BBC for cancelling coverage of the Kent v Hampshire Sunday League match when Diana died.

I even phoned to complain at the time.
We were due to play the Mote on the county ground on the day of Charles and Di’s wedding. Cancelled as the opposition couldn’t raise a side. I was fuming at the time as I thought it would be my only chance of playing at a county ground. Fortunately played there, Folkestone, Dartford and Beckenham a few years later. Never made it on to the St Lawrence ground in a playing capacity.

I give up, makes me laugh. If a footballer had died, we'd all be talking of
Looks like we'll be ok with the rules. With any luck, we might be able to catch up with the all important Masterchef final too.
View attachment 47438
If this truly is the case then fair play, I hold my hands up and retract my earlier posts. But let wait and see the actual outcome.

Still annoyed about masterchef though.