Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 34 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky

Think what tonight showed was that without Jack we're a mid-table team. Which is OK by me. Thought over the match we were the better team, so without Jiminez you could say Wolves are a bottom half team.

We're missing Cash as well, big time. Elmo isn't good enough. There was very little creative down that wing, unless you call long crosses into the opposition defenders creative. With Cash playing we'd have that much more quality. Think that would also benefit Traore.

You'd expect at least one of the Watkins/Konsa efforts to go in. A bit unlucky. Still, 1 point is always useful.

By the way, I'm not a Davis fan but thought he looked very useful when he came on. Maybe we should try 4-4-2. Nothing to lose. At least if Elmo continues to do long range punts into the box he might have a chance of getting to one.

Last edited:
Thought both wide men were poor tonight. Trez was like a headless chicken and Traore contributed very little. Traore has frustrated the life out of me recently. He’s shown some real quality at times but nowhere near it for a few games now.
Dean likes two wide men. Fine,if they're of premiership quality. None of ours are atm,maybe they will develop. Overall, defensively good,midfield average,up topOllie isolated. Dean will need to be ruthless come the close season,a la Saunders. 40 points,we are staying up,Would have accepted that pre season, tough league but we're getting up to premier league speed