Match Thread: Gillingham v Lincoln City | Page 34 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Gillingham v Lincoln City

I'll copy this from the Gills forum.

"There’s a good reason why a team is top of the league. Jorden Graham didn’t help Jackson at all. Although he was the wrong side of his man on numerous occasions. His tracking back was v poor. I lost count of the times he let his man go. That being said he is quality going forward. We were second to the ball in midfield and rarely won much in midfield. Jackson’s throw is too predictable as is our long ball. They set up to counter this style. Gills are not even close to the gills team when we were top of the league 5/6 years ago . Oliver is nowhere near good enough yet. Lincoln could easily have had 5/6 they opened us up at the back far too often. We never made Alex Palmer make a save. We look a group of individuals in midfield and their is little cohesion. Appleton clearly coaches Lincoln .. evans just turns up shouts and screams and buys another group of players next time round."

The poster should be Gills manager, fine reading of the game.

That was a decent week, should have got something against Donny played some great stuff, hard fought win on Tuesday and £50,000, great three points tonight and another £30,000 after a very short turn around and a difficult place to go, top of the League again. This is probably one of the best LCFC teams I have seen in too many years of suffering ! Good to have a stress free Saturday tomorrow !! UTI.

Nice balanced view from Evans again:
'It is disappointing to hear the official on a live Sky game calling the Lincoln players by their nicknames. That sticks in the throat.
It's not a penalty, it's a dive.'

Have to say, as well as all the other superlatives about tonight's performance, the lads did look resplendent in that green kit while stuffing it up the Gills.

The green kit is nice, but did Imps need to wear it ? I felt at times it was a little confusing on the TV whereas the home kit would not have been an issue.